What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 V Bulldogs

betcats

Referee
We are really poorly coached, someone needs to sort out the coaching situation at Penrith quickly cause Gus is kidding himself. Our attack is so pedestrian and how have they not been able to address the starts in two years? It’s their job to fix that it’s been a problem forever get rid of Gus and hook both. Look at Ivan’s tigers this year and tell me right now Ivan couldn’t do better with our squad than hook is.

betcats

Referee
Has Msloney got a try assist yet? I thougt he woulf fix our attack inside the opposition 20.

But apparently not hsving good structure and set plays trumps having good/experienced halves.

Cronk and Thurston wouldn't increase our points scored in this structure.

Maloney’s not done a lot to justify us spending more on him and losing Latu that’s for sure. But you are right any ball player is going to struggle in this style of footy.

OldPanther

Coach
We are really poorly coached, someone needs to sort out the coaching situation at Penrith quickly cause Gus is kidding himself. Our attack is so pedestrian and how have they not been able to address the starts in two years? It’s their job to fix that it’s been a problem forever get rid of Gus and hook both. Look at Ivan’s tigers this year and tell me right now Ivan couldn’t do better with our squad than hook is.

Watching the Tigers is makingme very jealous. They haven't had a try scored against them in 3 halves of footy.

betcats

Referee
Watching the Tigers is makingme very jealous. They haven't had a try scored against them in 3 halves of footy.

Yeah they look great! I’m so over the boring shit football we play. If we could defend decently that would be one thing but we can’t even do that after 3 years of it being a priority.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Yea
True.

One thing we need to be doing is taking the 2 points early in halves. If you get a penalty in front within the first 5 minutes of a half, take the 2. The defense is too fresh and the risk of not getting any points at all is high. It also gives you more possession (you get another set in possession after the kickoff). With a good completion you can compound the advantage of the 2 points.

If we had taken some of the 2 points on offer we would have won.

I agree. I mentioned this after last weeks game.
If nothing else it will get us away from this 14-0 situation.

TheFrog

Coach
Two tries in 3 games is exceptional. Nine is a bit below average. How many you concede isn't any more important than how many you score. Tigers are 3-2. We are 9-9. The average tries per side per game last year was 3.58. The Tigers low scoring start is an aberration that won't last too long, although they may win their share of games.

OldPanther

Coach
Two tries in 3 games is exceptional. Nine is a bit below average. How many you concede isn't any more important than how many you score. Tigers are 3-2. We are 9-9. The average tries per side per game last year was 3.58. The Tigers low scoring start is an aberration that won't last too long, although they may win their share of games.

Your probably right. I honestly think if we can match our first halves with our second we are a prem threat and didn't think we were before the year. Although the injuries are starting to stack up.

Everyon sing it with me.

Hello d̶a̶r̶k̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ 2015 my old friend
I've come to talk to you again.

kinghippo

Juniors
Yay.

These injuries are getting unmanageable.
Our depth everywhere except second row is a concern.
I think half the reason we were favourites last year was due to quality depth in every position.

Our reserves usually seem to debut well and come up to standard pretty quickly, hopefully that’s the case again.

Latest posts