What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Warriors

Dragon David

First Grade
I’ve been wanting this for ages.

It doesn’t help.

The c.u...n.t is unflushable.
We could lose every game this season and the turd would still pop up next year with a contract extension.
Agreed that Mary should go but our players are just not 1st grade material. They did not look like breaking the line albeit the Warriors defence held firm for much of the afternoon. What answers did our halves have to offer in attack, nothing. % runs then kick was the theme this afternoon and too predictaable.

Dragon David

First Grade
Probably the worst performers I've seen by Dragons team for many year that was pathetic good luck to the warriors they played very solid and deserve to win we were lethargic slow and unimaginative no effort only a couple of players try their heart out and that was it.
Summed up nicely Dragonsamy. Will this be the way that we will be playing for the rest of the year?

Dragon David

First Grade
On a positive, at least toilet paper is back in stock and that’s more exciting than the shit the Dragons dished up.
So sad to the depths this peanut has taken our once proud club.
Besides Mary, I keep saying that we have shit players. It's as simple as that. A shit coach who is coaching shit players.

On a positive, at least toilet paper is back in stock and that’s more exciting than the shit the Dragons dished up.
So sad to the depths this peanut has taken our once proud club.
What a shambles, the whole team played like a bunch of wombles. No penetration, zero effective offloading, one out running. What a shambles. No kicking game, the list goes on. Dragons have reached
plunging depths. Fans must be devastated.

Reddragon

Bench
It’s pretty obvious. Like us, the players want him gone.

For many of them Tyson was the final straw.
It's true. It's obvious MCGregor has lost the dressing room.
We know he has no idea, but imagine going out getting busted each week for years following his stupid instructions. No wonder Tyson has opted out.

True_Believer

Juniors
Couple of things:

1. Unlike most, I'm not a fan of the 6 again. Both teams were still slowing down the ruck today and it wasn't called. Then something innocuous gets called out and suddenly it's 6 again. If, in the last 10 minutes, the Warriors tackler wasn't holding onto Williame's legs and preventing him from getting up, then I don't know what the 6 again is meant to prevent. And how about McInnes getting up, standing aside and then putting his hands up - the ref hadn't called 6 again but then decides to AFTER the ball has been played. It's at the whim of the ref and I just don't think that is the best way to employ it. There must be a better solution to the wrestle than this.
  2. At the end of the game, Mick Ennis was saying that Dragons looked like they were just following drills and the game plan. There was no "playing what's in front of them". I totally agree and this says 2 things to me:
a. Hunt is not the man to be our half OR
b. He has been told to strictly follow the plan

If it is a plan, it's a shit plan. The one out running and then the swing wide for the sake of it is just crap. It's predictable and doesn't challenge the opposition at all. Every time we swung wide there were players there waiting. It's rinse and repeat.

It is my belief that if Hunt had any creative nous about him, it's been drilled out of him and he's just following orders. Not only that, the fact we have no support for players hitting up the ball or any creativity in the team at all tells me the whole team has been drilled to play to the plan and don't deviate from it.

Seriously, McGregor has to go.

jeffdragon

Bench
Couple of things:

1. Unlike most, I'm not a fan of the 6 again. Both teams were still slowing down the ruck today and it wasn't called. Then something innocuous gets called out and suddenly it's 6 again. If, in the last 10 minutes, the Warriors tackler wasn't holding onto Williame's legs and preventing him from getting up, then I don't know what the 6 again is meant to prevent. And how about McInnes getting up, standing aside and then putting his hands up - the ref hadn't called 6 again but then decides to AFTER the ball has been played. It's at the whim of the ref and I just don't think that is the best way to employ it. There must be a better solution to the wrestle than this.
  2. At the end of the game, Mick Ennis was saying that Dragons looked like they were just following drills and the game plan. There was no "playing what's in front of them". I totally agree and this says 2 things to me:
a. Hunt is not the man to be our half OR
b. He has been told to strictly follow the plan

If it is a plan, it's a shit plan. The one out running and then the swing wide for the sake of it is just crap. It's predictable and doesn't challenge the opposition at all. Every time we swung wide there were players there waiting. It's rinse and repeat.

It is my belief that if Hunt had any creative nous about him, it's been drilled out of him and he's just following orders. Not only that, the fact we have no support for players hitting up the ball or any creativity in the team at all tells me the whole team has been drilled to play to the plan and don't deviate from it.

Seriously, McGregor has to go.
I was waiting for us to get a repeat in the 2nd half and we didn't.

jeffdragon

Bench
1 Hunt makes a break then an overlap dufty to Vaughan.
2 3 repeats sets Mcinnes to Lawrie drops it wasn5 supposed to get it.
3 Penalty 10 m out Kerr tries to stretch out loses it..
4 Rave certain to score loses it.
Two small points
Nikorima kicks it into rava not played at
they get feed.
Where is capt challenge
They put kick in hits post and they regain ball
Not our day week season decade or century.

Last edited:

Wittenberg

Juniors
Sadly for me I don’t think it comes down to Identifying any one particular player regarding accepting the blame for our embarrassing loss, it’s the team as a whole and the Club administration. Yes Mary HAS to go (tomorrow please), but as I have said before, Mary can only do what he can do and I don’t think too many of us would walk away from a well paying job if our employer seems happy to keep paying. No for mine, while Mary is a very poor coach, there are more guilty people within our Club who don’t seem to have the courage to bring change. Surely Mary will be terminated now.......but I have thought that so many times before and it has NOT happened. My brother time and time again has joked that Mary must have something on the Club because he doesn’t think there is any other explanation as to how Mary keeps his job. Mind you, my brother sees conspiracies behind everything, he is more paranoid than Trump, but he is right in that I just can’t explain why Mary is still our coach.

jeffdragon

Bench
It's true. It's obvious MCGregor has lost the dressing room.
We know he has no idea, but imagine going out getting busted each week for years following his stupid instructions. No wonder Tyson has opted out.

He said because there are no reserve games the same 17 might run out next week:persevere::persevere::persevere:
What happened to changes will be made.
Maybe he was talking about his undies.

Latest posts