What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Warriors

Dragon David

First Grade
To keep us scoreless shows that the Warriors played really well and it also shows that we played really bad. To nil, that is a joke. Other teams will thrash us.

Gippsy

Bench
Warriors played well because we had nothing.

The one out stuff is bad enough, but not even one player in support to at least try and put the defence in two minds?? The Warriors were laughing at us, it was nothing more than a training run for them.

qld redvee

Juniors
one out ineffectual play and then not kicking on the fifth but just taking it up -- great tactics . Once again we averaged about 40 metres on a set of 6 not good enough . also noticed that quite often in a set ( usually kick return ) it was tackle 4 before a forward took it up .. bench rotation once more "outstanding" Kerr and vaughan seemed constantly to be coming and going whilst graham got the firat 30 and not sighted - injured ? whilst lawrie got a lot of straight minutes where possibly Fui could have been a better option .
you would have to think that supercoach has lost the shed it just seemed like a training run out there .. So much for the boys ripping in at training there was not a shred of intensity out there today ....

He said because there are no reserve games the same 17 might run out next week:persevere::persevere::persevere:
What happened to changes will be made.
Maybe he was talking about his undies.
Un-effing-believable!
For me, if Hunt & Norman are the halves next weekend I'm not watching.
Perreira made me dizzy just watching him run around in circles all day. If Saab doesn't start in his place next week I'm not watching.
If Jackson Ford and Jacob Host don't get a spot in the 17 ahead of Old Man Jammer, Blake Lawrie or the sleepwalking Sims brothers I'm not watching.
If we go into a game with a centre or winger on the bench instead of a half or hooker I'm not watching.
If Clune isn't in the 6 or 7 I'm not watching.
If we wear that hideous Red Rag instead of the Red V, I'm not watching.
So, chances are...

Dragon David

First Grade
Gee its hard to take when you see players from other teams playing with a lot of enthusiasm and purpose and we show zilch. All you need is a couple of players in the halves and forwards to show determination and ability to read the play to put players through and then defend hard. We lack all of these.

Mary being a numbskull should have buried the previous ways we played this year and studied what to do under the new rules because it looked like his game plan was based on the earlier games this year - run for 5 and then kick. He has also lost the players.

BLM01

First Grade
Gee its hard to take when you see players from other teams playing with a lot of enthusiasm and purpose and we show zilch. All you need is a couple of players in the halves and forwards to show determination and ability to read the play to put players through and then defend hard. We lack all of these.

Mary being a numbskull should have buried the previous ways we played this year and studied what to do under the new rules because it looked like his game plan was based on the earlier games this year - run for 5 and then kick. He has also lost the players.
You give Mary too much credit there

Dragon David

First Grade
Un-effing-believable!
Perreira made my dizzy just watching him run around in circles all day. If Saab doesn't start in his place next week I'm not watching.
If Jackson Ford and Jacob Host don't get a spot in the 17 ahead of Old Man Jammer, Blake Lawrie or the sleepwalking Sims brothers I'm not watching.
If we go into a game with a centre or winger on the bench instead of a half or hooker I'm not watching.
So, chances are...
Chances are, you won't be watching! But agree with all you have said.

thebigredv

First Grade
Here's a transcript of McGregor's presser for those that missed it.

Blah blah blah blah excuse blah blah blah there will be changes blah blah blah or maybe they're will not be changes. Blah blah blah blah I believe in the team blah blah blah. Blah, blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah. Blah blah blah. We need to perform now blah blah. Blah today wasn't good enough. Blah blah.

getsmarty

Immortal

Blah blah blah blah excuse blah blah blah there will be changes blah blah blah or maybe they're will not be changes. Blah blah blah blah I believe in the team blah blah blah. Blah, blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah. Blah blah blah. We need to perform now blah blah. Blah today wasn't good enough. Blah blah.

Repeat/spin/rinse/repeat/spin...etc

BLM01

First Grade
He said because there are no reserve games the same 17 might run out next week:persevere::persevere::persevere:
What happened to changes will be made.
Maybe he was talking about his undies.
Whats the point.
You could put a whole new 17 out there but the same coach's instructioms..they would fail too.
What young or fringe player would want to put their hand up and play under his coaching..no one..its a career killer.

BLM01

First Grade

Yes but he keeps saying the players are not playing with enough passion.
Why not?...we all should ask

Kylez3

Juniors
Un-effing-believable!
Perreira made me dizzy just watching him run around in circles all day. If Saab doesn't start in his place next week I'm not watching.
So, chances are...

Pereira ran for 187 metres. His kick returns were solid, as they usually are.

I'm lost for words Every time you think it can't get worse it fckn does.
Kearney is regarded by many as the worst coach in the NRL.
Today, McGregor became undisputed in that regard IMO.
Our kicking game was absolutely woeful.
Kept kicking down RTS' throat with no kick chase pressure.
Our last tackle options were pathetic - died with the ball on numerous times.
Can our halves really be that bad in terms of game management?
I really wonder sometimes.
Very pedestrian in attack and while all credit must go to the wounded Warriors, what more does McGregor have to prove before they actually sack him?
The Club is committing football and commercial suicide persevering with this imposter.

blacksafake

First Grade
Couple of things:

1. Unlike most, I'm not a fan of the 6 again. Both teams were still slowing down the ruck today and it wasn't called. Then something innocuous gets called out and suddenly it's 6 again. If, in the last 10 minutes, the Warriors tackler wasn't holding onto Williame's legs and preventing him from getting up, then I don't know what the 6 again is meant to prevent. And how about McInnes getting up, standing aside and then putting his hands up - the ref hadn't called 6 again but then decides to AFTER the ball has been played. It's at the whim of the ref and I just don't think that is the best way to employ it. There must be a better solution to the wrestle than this.
  2. At the end of the game, Mick Ennis was saying that Dragons looked like they were just following drills and the game plan. There was no "playing what's in front of them". I totally agree and this says 2 things to me:
a. Hunt is not the man to be our half OR
b. He has been told to strictly follow the plan

If it is a plan, it's a shit plan. The one out running and then the swing wide for the sake of it is just crap. It's predictable and doesn't challenge the opposition at all. Every time we swung wide there were players there waiting. It's rinse and repeat.

It is my belief that if Hunt had any creative nous about him, it's been drilled out of him and he's just following orders. Not only that, the fact we have no support for players hitting up the ball or any creativity in the team at all tells me the whole team has been drilled to play to the plan and don't deviate from it.

Seriously, McGregor has to go.
Pretty much agree.
I think it was Ikin questioning the tactics. I’ve no doubt it is the coaches game plan they’re playing too.

jeffdragon

Bench

Josh Hodgson from Canberra just said with the new rule you have to be on the front foot.
When was the last time we were on the front foot 2010.

TruSaint

Referee
2 months of no footy, i was really looking forward to seeing the red V run out today.

Its been said a million times, but this club now has no soul. Zero. If anyone had an excuse today it was the Warriors. Yet, they completed, competed, and kept us to nil. Five games in NO other club has been kept to zip. With the ball more in play ( the 6 again rule ), and teams backtracking its inexcusable the rubbish we dished out.

We are years away from being competitive, let alone a title threat.

Latest posts