What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 Vs Broncos

Overseas dragon

Juniors
And thinking about next week jet ski put 4 forwards on the bench something like Kerr, Robson, Latimore and leiluia that's if frizell is not available .

rednwhites

Juniors
I think Latimore is a decent front rower and always has been. I really liked him when he first came on the scene with us all those years ago. I think, however, Mary should be freeing his position for someone with a few more legs, someone who's not past their best. I can't remember Vaughan getting a rest tonight yet Latimore seemed pooped not long after having a few hit ups, despite playing well. He's a good reliable player with experience to bring in when our depth of front rowers is tested but McGregor should be looking to the future in that department. We've got some good young'en props who seemed to be banging the door down in trials.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Just an outsiders two bobs' worth.... Not often i find myself cheering for the Dragons tbh but tonight was a pretty gutsy win missing several key players. The scoreline flattered the Donkeys with 3 flukey tries. The injury to Widdop may be a blessing in disguise if it forces Mary to give Dufty and or Robson a decent crack. No disrespect to Widdop but he won't be there next year and the others wiĺl. A few other thoughts... Blake Lawrie is a keeper. Unfashionable but very effective. Luc needs more than 8 minutes...has a mistake in him but will win you more gsmes than he'll lose. Be patient with Lomax...hopefully Mary is cluey enough to wait for an injury in the centres to blood him. We have a similar kid in Bronson Xerri at the Sharks who is an out and out centre that they'll probably debut on the wing unfortunately.These two kids will both be superstars imo.
Enjoy the deserved win guys.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Saying this now cause we lost.

The penalty for the head clash and the non interference against Widdop were two atrocious calls that were pure cheating.

McGregor better be on the phone to someone tomorrow if he has any respect for this club.
The Sims head clash got me thinking of the 2 occasions that Napa got penalised for leading with the head. Brisbane and Melbourne get all the breaks.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Just an outsiders two bobs' worth.... Not often i find myself cheering for the Dragons tbh but tonight was a pretty gutsy win missing several key players. The scoreline flattered the Donkeys with 3 flukey tries. The injury to Widdop may be a blessing in disguise if it forces Mary to give Dufty and or Robson a decent crack. No disrespect to Widdop but he won't be there next year and the others wiĺl. A few other thoughts... Blake Lawrie is a keeper. Unfashionable but very effective. Luc needs more than 8 minutes...has a mistake in him but will win you more gsmes than he'll lose. Be patient with Lomax...hopefully Mary is cluey enough to wait for an injury in the centres to blood him. We have a similar kid in Bronson Xerri at the Sharks who is an out and out centre that they'll probably debut on the wing unfortunately.These two kids will both be superstars imo.
Quality post.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

You make some good points

Frank Facer

First Grade
7-3 penalty count.

Penalty for a head clash...unbelievable...first time I’ve ever seen that in my life.
You must have missed the 2 games that Easts played Brisbane last year. Napa got penalised in both games for head clashes. I am pretty sure that both occasions led to Brisbane getting wins.

Belta

Juniors
I think Latimore is a decent front rower and always has been. I really liked him when he first came on the scene with us all those years ago. I think, however, Mary should be freeing his position for someone with a few more legs, someone who's not past their best. I can't remember Vaughan getting a rest tonight yet Latimore seemed pooped not long after having a few hit ups, despite playing well. He's a good reliable player with experience to bring in when our depth of front rowers is tested but McGregor should be looking to the future in that department. We've got some good young'en props who seemed to be banging the door down in trials.

One of the commentators commented that the Dragons could be in a bit of strife when Simms went off leaving soo many inexperienced forwards out there. But as they had done all night long our youngsters more than held thier own against the much more fancied broncos forwards. I personally loved Lawrie smashing TPJ, Host was massive again and Luc was powerful in attack (and I admit I’ve been very critical of Luchs defence) Tonight Luc defended well and incredibly pulled off a try saver on Nikorima.

I hate to say it but in a way it’s fortunate we have had soo many misfortunes. Otherwise this year would of been a carbon copy of the last few with very few opportunities for the development of juniors. Now at least we have a chance to move forward. Still can’t understand why no Kerr, shits me to death

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Feel for Widdop.....Ive watched the incident over and over and have no doubt the injury was caused by Boyd reefing at his arm while he was on the ground....we were by far the better team on the night and if we had lost it would have been an injustice ....they scored 3 arsey tries and Ive no doubt the Oates try where Bird got his fingers on the ball and promoted it forward should never had been allowed.....loose carry call on our winger was utter rubbish.....even if it had of been Bird was the last person to touch the ball before it went forward to Oates

Belta

Juniors
You must have missed the 2 games that Easts played Brisbane last year. Napa got penalised in both games for head clashes. I am pretty sure that both occasions led to Brisbane getting wins.

Wow worlds apart from tonight’s incident

Frank Facer

First Grade
Yep..the best team won tonight. 3 lucky tries and 1 off a good placed kick for the Broncos...and a few dubious penalties. Starting to sound like Mary.
Right to cue Lockyer and few others how the Broncos were out enthused...and were

Those who wished Widdop was sent to Emgland now have probably got what they wished for. May have played his last game. I'll miss him big time and our side will but not his kicks into other players hands.

I would probably to fit Lomax as our gun goal kicker replace Ravalawa. I want Lomax at 3 but cant drop Aitken on tonights performance.

Before Norman we dont win that game or kick that field goal. He has earned his spot now and played OK tonight. Hunrt best back on field. Lawrie best forward. Vaughan played good minutes and always an impact.

I am still worried about making yardage out of own end..we struggle a bit to make decent metres..we need to change it up a bit more as we did early on.

Well doe to the team..credit where it is due
I was one saying that we should have let Widdop go as soon as we signed Norman, but I wanted us to get the extra 900K salary cap space that Widdop is taking up this year. I also said that I would have played Widdop centre in our best 13.

We can still drop Aitken after tonight's game, but I will be surprised if he gets dropped all season.

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
Ben Hunt was huge tonight. Definite man of the match. I keep saying I would play Norman halfback and let him steer the team around the paddock and control the game. I would play Hunt 5/8 and give him a licence to attack, like he did tonight. He could also kick and be a playmaker at 5/8.

Host had the best game of his career tonight.

I thought Ravalawa was having a decent game until he dropped the ball that led to Brisbane's first try. I thought he may have been dropped after last weeks game. I actually thought he had the best game I have seen him play tonight. I know he still has a long way to go, but I didn't think he was as bad as many of you said he was tonight. I think he will hold his place in the team for next week.

Bench
Thanks for your comments from the Sharks camp.

Bench
With Widdop having his second injury to his shoulder do you think the Super League Club who signed him are having second thought.
I am really shattered about him after he went off, I hope he gets it fixed and maybe get back to us before the season is over

Brutalitops

Juniors
I was one saying that we should have let Widdop go as soon as we signed Norman, but I wanted us to get the extra 900K salary cap space that Widdop is taking up this year. I also said that I would have played Widdop centre in our best 13.

We can still drop Aitken after tonight's game, but I will be surprised if he gets dropped all season.
How do you justify dropping Aitken? We all want Lomax in the team but on form you just can't drop Euan at the moment

Kylez3

Juniors
I'd personally would like to see Lomax slot in at centre with Aitken pushed to the wing. Ravalawa has talent but needs the experience in reserve grade to develop and understand the game better. Lomax is a quality goal-kicker and that's important IMO.

Latest posts