What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 Vs Broncos

True_Believer

Juniors
Not so, if WIDDOP WANTED OUT of his contract then what ever the deal agreed to by both parties is the deal. If SGI makes a decision to terminate Widdop's contract without his consent or without an agreement between the himself and SGI, then sure SGI is liable to pay compensation up to the value remaining on the contract.

It was Widdop who came to the Club requesting a release and it was the Club, after a few days granted a release on the proviso the termination date is post season 2019. No compensation required.

Where has it been stated that he wanted out of his contract immediately? Right at the start, he said he would be playing with us for 2019 as a minimum. So the deal agreed to by both parties was to renegotiate his contract to end at the end of 2019 and released to ESL for 2020. So both parties agreed to that. So I don't know what the hell you are waffling on about.

Both parties agreed to it. So if they didn't, the existing contract still stands and the club has to pay for his salary as a result.

You keep saying they should have let him go this year. He didn't want that and the club agreed. If the club didn't agree, they would have, as you say, been making a decision to terminate his contract without consent.

So you are agreeing with me - so stop this dribble about having his salary available this year because in no scenario would that have been possible.

possm

Coach
Where has it been stated that he wanted out of his contract immediately? Right at the start, he said he would be playing with us for 2019 as a minimum. So the deal agreed to by both parties was to renegotiate his contract to end at the end of 2019 and released to ESL for 2020. So both parties agreed to that. So I don't know what the hell you are waffling on about.

Both parties agreed to it. So if they didn't, the existing contract still stands and the club has to pay for his salary as a result.

You keep saying they should have let him go this year. He didn't want that and the club agreed. If the club didn't agree, they would have, as you say, been making a decision to terminate his contract without consent.

So you are agreeing with me - so stop this dribble about having his salary available this year because in no scenario would that have been possible.

If you search media reports on this subject you will find the initial story was Widdop requested a release. And after a few days you will see other media stories that the parties agreed to a release after the end of 2019.

The real story will come out after Widdop leaves, so please mark this post for when the real story is told.

Dragonsamy

Bench
You could be right BSE - I saw his arm extended when he went down for the ball and then Boyd reefing at the arm. I thought the initial injury may have been caused by the landing. Comments during the game on Fox said they had heard he was trying to switch the ball between arms because he'd lost complete use of the busted arm.

True
You are correct even Gareth said that it did it when I hit the ground

JamesRustle

First Grade
With Widdop gone for an extended period, what do you guys think of Lomax to fullback (his favoured position) and leave Dufty on the bench? We may have seen Widdop's lat game as a dragon if it was the same shoulder.
Lomax has to come into the team now for his goal kicking. I don't care whether it's fullback or centre.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Congratulations, you pulled our pants down again. I have not seen the game yet (got dragged out for a dinner with the wife), that joy awaits me today. Apparently you can rely on our numpties to play your numpties back into form. Well the up side is another three year extension for Mary.
Be careful what you wish for

True_Believer

Juniors
If you search media reports on this subject you will find the initial story was Widdop requested a release. And after a few days you will see other media stories that the parties agreed to a release after the end of 2019.

The real story will come out after Widdop leaves, so please mark this post for when the real story is told.

I already know the real story. He didn't ask for an immediate release.

rasaint

Juniors
Much has been written on here about Gareth Widdop’s situation, particularly with the injury.

I don’t think there is a lot of mystery and agendas about this issue. Gareth and the club decided he would stay for 2019 and not therefore not leave club in a lurch. Cory Norman was a recognised spine type player who was available at a discount rate ( maybe not enough but hey) and the club decided he would work out and be Gareth’s replacement 20/21.

I myself had dislocating right shoulder finish my days of tackle football. Some players have the operation which essentially retentions the tendons around the shoulder joint and never have a further relapse. Some have chronic issues thereafter when the shoulder gets into certain angles and positions. Luck of the draw really. Gareth nor the club were not expecting a relapse.

Benji Marshall had shoulder dislocations 3 times from memory to one shoulder and spent from memory nearly two seasons of hardly playing. Thereafter the shoulder never went again.

At the end of the day we might have a horror season of injury. The dreaded injury stick bashed us at the end I’d season last year. Had the team competed with Gareth/ JDB fit/ Tariq in the finals, I truly believe we would have won the comp. Conversely, we may get some reasonable clear air from here on without long term serious injury. Other clubs may cop their share whenever. If Easts or Souths lose their 5/8s and a state of origin forward watch them come back to earth with a thud. Still it’s very disappointing to have over $2million of cap out due to serious injury and the NRL deciding on new retrospective rules to target a player it felt had to be rubbed out.

True_Believer

Juniors

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/4eac42662fae6db1207caa456fb33bd4

There you go - denied the same day it came out as 'media speculation'. There was never any intention of leaving immediately.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
The Lomax defusion of that pressure bomb as Brisbane were storming at us, particularly being thrown into the deep end after cooling his heels on the bench for 70 minutes, was actually very special. Would Dufty have taken that so well or let it bounce and just hope. I was surprised to hear McGregor state without review or thought that Dufty would be fullback next week, it's not a professional way for a coach to respond on the spot like that. I think Lomax should be fullback, not sure what to do with Dufty but his speed is seductive so I want him somewhere.

Frank Facer

First Grade
BINGO ! An insurance buy for sure.Congrats to the club here as they knew there was a possability that this scenario would happen .

Remember a player in the 80's ( mick patterson ) from the eels ? A 5/8 , Anyhow he looked SOO ready but busted his shoulder.He ended up busting both and then several times and ended up having to retire.
I thought Paterson played for Souths. I thought he broke his collarbone 3 times. The wraps on him were huge too.

BLM01

First Grade
OK plenty of positive out of last night but some points from my perspective
1. James Graham is getting to slow to react from standing flat as was that near try under the goal posts, when passed the ball. He took an age to get going. Love him in our side for passion?, experience YES, but affective in taking the ball up JUST....but does not dent the line much.
Surely this year should be his last in 1st grade...tap on the shoulder time?
2. Host played well for 80 mins but why cant Frizzell play on that edge when back and run similar lines instead going back infield. He would of scored that try that Host fell an inch short.
3. Our blockers for kicks dont know where to position themselves. Have we caught the ball once this year in a contested bomb....we miss Flo in that regard
4. Norman has to be our game manager / organiser and field goal expert, Hunt our instictive impulse player and runner. and occasiobal kicker
5. Lomax to be our goal kicker...not Lafai
6. Lastly I would like to see more passing putting into holes at the line not a couple of yards before it which is easy to read.
7. Why did McInnes stop running from dummy half for most of the game except for the last set where we set up for the field goal.
8. Why do Brisbane always seem to get the rub of the green with decisions / penalties etc. probably just me looking though red and white glasses

SEAT 1A

Bench
Here is some stats
Aitken 135 meters 8 tackles
Ravalawa 136 meters
J P 128 meters 5 tackles
Vaughan 153 meters 31 tackles 1 miss
Host 127 meters 22 tackles
Lawrie 97 meters 31 tackles o miss
Graham 80 meters 34 tackles 1 miss
McInnes 94 meters 43 tackles 2 miss
Overall well played

Huge effort by the pack.

McInnes is a machine and Luc owes them all a beer.

Rob Dragon

Juniors
And on another issues from last night, and from the other team....Anthony Milford is an absolute turn-style in defence. He has been for a while but last night Host and Aitken ran through him at will. As good as the Broncos are (in terms of potential) you cannot have a turn-style on the edge of the middle area with rampaging back-rowers running over them all night.

SEAT 1A

Bench
8882bfc0a9d4f534982465d8bbc18a0d50f77770

Priceless.

Wittenberg

Juniors
I have been a critic of McInnes on many occasions but last night he was superb and inspirational at times. His defence was brilliant and often punishing, moreover he ran a lot more than usual and proved he can be a forward with impact. Well done mate. It’s strangely satisfying when a player proves you wrong.

Como Connection

First Grade
And on another issues from last night, and from the other team....Anthony Milford is an absolute turn-style in defence. He has been for a while but last night Host and Aitken ran through him at will. As good as the Broncos are (in terms of potential) you cannot have a turn-style on the edge of the middle area with rampaging back-rowers running over them all night.
Hindman gave him man of the match!
CC

Warabrook saint

Juniors
The Lomax defusion of that pressure bomb as Brisbane were storming at us, particularly being thrown into the deep end after cooling his heels on the bench for 70 minutes, was actually very special. Would Dufty have taken that so well or let it bounce and just hope. I was surprised to hear McGregor state without review or thought that Dufty would be fullback next week, it's not a professional way for a coach to respond on the spot like that. I think Lomax should be fullback, not sure what to do with Dufty but his speed is seductive so I want him somewhere.
That's for sure.....if there's one thing he's not, that's professional

LINESPEED

Juniors

Lomax has always looked like a fullback to me & I’m sure that’s where he’ll end up this season