What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs. Cowboys Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Should be another superb match up come Friday night. The Cowboys have come away succesful in two succesive years however coming into this match with two succesive losses will they fall to the "3rd time lucky" rule?

Brisbane Broncos Team:
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Reece Robinson
3. Steve Michaels
4. Justin Hodges
5. Darius Boyd
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. PJ Marsh
10. Sam Thaiday
11. David Stagg
12. Ashton Sims
13. Tonie Carroll

14. Michael Ennis
15. Dave Taylor
16. Greg Eastwood
17. Nick Kenny

Coach: Wayne Bennent

Strong side and I think the Broncos will be too good come Friday. I expect a 10 point victory. To all Cowboy supporters good luck and feel free to post in this topic.

beave

Coach
I think you guys will win, but stranger things have happened.

Going to Noumea for 3 weeks, won't get to watch it unfortuantley. Though I hope it may be on TV over there, highly doubt it.

Dazzat

First Grade
Fingers crossed that Taylor and Ennis will both get a decent run this weekend.

I don't want to put the mocker on the game, but I think the Broncs will blow them off the park. The Cowboys defence is looking thin.

Big Pete

Referee
I'm very concerned about their 1,6,7,9 combination. If they get going than the Cowboys will be more than a chance.

salivor

First Grade
Big Pete said:
I'm very concerned about their 1,6,7,9 combination. If they get going than the Cowboys will be more than a chance.

I'm concerned about Thurston being one game closer to hitting form. We're not boasting a shabby 1, 6, 7, 9, 14 combo of our own though.

Shorty

Staff member
Dazzat said:
Fingers crossed that Taylor and Ennis will both get a decent run this weekend.

I don't want to put the mocker on the game, but I think the Broncs will blow them off the park. The Cowboys defence is looking thin.
Yeah our defence has strengthened though compared to last year,it's just that the players are lazy.

I really hope my team has had a kick up the *ss but I'm not going to count on it.
If the Broncs come away I just hope that it's barely or by a few points and not by half a century lol.

Good luck.

Dazzat

First Grade
The last time the Broncs were beaten by the Cowboys it was orchestrated by Payne, Thurston and Bowen ... so those ingredients are still there.

The difference now is the Broncs have a smaller, more mobile pack of forwards.

Every game played by the 13 Cowboys players who had off-season surgery should be an improvement. Hopefully the big jump in improvement will be next week, not this one.

Big Pete

Referee
Hunt could be out with a corked thigh.

If he is Boyd will shift into the fullback position and Denan Kemp will take on the wing position.

Cannot wait until tomorrow. :)

Shorty

Staff member
I expect y'all are going tonight?
Skilled Park had a pretty good atmosphere,but am looking forward to being back at Suncorp - For some reason Broncos fans are quite respectful to Cows fans.

dam, its official, hunt is out of the clash: as a result id make the following adjustments to the side:
1. Lockyer
2. Robinson
3. Hodges
4. Michaels
5. Boyd
6. Stagg
7. Wallace
8. Hanant
9. Marsh
10. Thaiday
11. Taylor
12. Sims
13. Carroll
14. Ennis
15. Eastwood
16. Kenny
17. Wapau

broncoman

Juniors
Would prefer Kemp to play fullback and Boyd to stay outwide, hes been going quite well there and Kemp was sensational when he played at the back against Manly last year.

Latest posts