What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs. Cowboys Discussion + Voting

JW

Coach
3 - Hannant
2 - Wallace
1 - Stagg

Not much between any of those 3, including Hodges and Marsh.

Dazzat

First Grade
Ditto scoring as Sal.

Special mention to Michael as well ... improving every game.

salivor

First Grade
I've got to give credit to Boyd as well. I've been one of his harshest critics but he's starting to come good finally. He just needs to cut some of the sideways running from dummy half out of his game.

The other bloke who hasn't got enough mention with Wallace doing so well is Sims. Just when you thought the post Civo days were going to be tough on our pack this bloke comes along and puts some real mongrel into our pack and you can see the influence he's having on the blokes around him as well. He's been hands down IMO our buy of the season so far, there's no reason he can't play origin in the future if he keeps putting these types of performances in week in week out.

BrisVegas

Juniors
That was the most impressed I've been with the Broncos since the premiership win in '06.

If reported last year that Lockyer and Hunt were to be out for a game I'd be pessimistic of the teams chances, especially in attack. Last night for a large stretch of the game I'd forgotten that 4 regular starters were even absent. The team is so much more balanced this year. I love the new game plan, the fitter more mobile forwards with their short passing game, the speed off the line in defence, and the teams fitness in general. This reinvention of the Broncos is a far superior to the side of '06/'07

2 - Sims (I was doubtful when he was signed, be his fitness and explosive impact is impressive)
2 - Hannatt (Great effort to play the whole first half, putting in some big hits in the process)
1 - Wallace (Lead the team around, good kicking game, needs to be more mindful of the 5th)
1 - Marsh (Excellent in attack and defence, provides the niggle all teams require)

Honourable mentions to Stagg and Ennis for a great first game back, far more composed and sharp than I expected.

Our bench and forward depth this season is far better then most give credit for, and the Hooker rotation one of the best in the competition. With Lockyer, Hunt, parker and Clinton to re-enter the side the year is looking very up.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
3 stagg
2 sims
1 wallace
1 hannant

first time in ages i've been this confident at the start of the year

OuTkAsT

Juniors
3,2,1 to the entire team! There were no passengers out there on friday night. The most complete game i have seen from the broncs in a long time. Michaels came of age, showed just how strong and quick he is! Sims is the stand out for me so far! He dishes out some solid hits and is the first one to gee the boys up if someone else lays a hit on.

Latest posts