What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs the Knights

Whino

Bench
That's 2 hours I'd like back.
So much fun next week against the Warriors. Who knows what either will dish up.

mxlegend99

Referee
That was a terrible effort from Panthers. Knights deserved the win. If we played with half the heart they did we win.

Mansour and Whare have to be about the least threatening backs in the NRL now. Look at Knights backline FFS. Still matched ours. Technically we are still undefeated. But that's still such a disappointing effort from us under the circumstances.

We would be screwed without Kikau. His size and strength is about all we had going for us

Vicpanther

Juniors
Sauce passes the ball we win. Burton had some solid efforts.
But the heart the knights showed was phenomenal.
Whatever there new coach has done needs to be bottled.

My thoughts. Burton still needs to grow a little. Luai went AWOL and we lost our way when api left.

It was a entertaining game to watch after a long work week though.

martielang

Bench
Did Luai lose his voice or did he get overruled or was it coaching to go to Burton at every opportunity. So strange given our start & our left edge.

Think people are being harsh on sauce, Kiks came very late & sauce essentially stopped to try & find him. He had a terrific game otherwise.

Fangs

Coach
On Burton, similar to his debut game tbh. He seems to execute one game plan for the full 80 regardless of state of the game. Against the Sharks he was trying to kick dead when it wasn't necessary. Likewise he bombed like a maniac today.

I'm guessing it's just coaching/player inexperience. So not going to be harsh on him.

If Ivan didn't blast them for that try before halftime then he is a lost man. An obvious sign your team needs a rocket. Another lost opportunity.

Vicpanther

Juniors
I am excited for next week though. The warriors played really well this weekend. Should be a good game.
As much as games like today suck. We need more of them. We need to learn to fight our way out of shit like we used to.

franklin2323

Immortal
Leota soft miss for the try right on halftime. Drops it 10 out at 14 all

Hopefully it was rust not what is coming this year

Fangs

Coach
One last thing, I think Ivan should have taken Aikens off for the final ten and moved Crichton to fb.

He caught a cold in the second half. He looked lethal with every touch. There was a chance to get him in the game there I reckon.

Vicpanther

Juniors
In all honesty it is hard to play a team all hyped on emotion. But if we had clears we win. He would have nauld that first fg.

franklin2323

Immortal
On Burton, similar to his debut game tbh. He seems to execute one game plan for the full 80 regardless of state of the game. Against the Sharks he was trying to kick dead when it wasn't necessary. Likewise he bombed like a maniac today.

I'm guessing it's just coaching/player inexperience. So not going to be harsh on him.

If Ivan didn't blast them for that try before halftime then he is a lost man. An obvious sign your team needs a rocket. Another lost opportunity.

Burton is 2 games in. Luai being invisible was the issue

franklin2323

Immortal
One last thing, I think Ivan should have taken Aikens off for the final ten and moved Crichton to fb.

He caught a cold in the second half. He looked lethal with every touch. There was a chance to get him in the game there I reckon.

That was always the problem with having him centre. You’d expect a few tweeks for next week

Kilkenny

Coach
Given the game I’ll take point and be happy.

Not saying I am happy with the overall performance but I think the point is a handy one.

Latest posts