What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs the Knights

Pomoz

Bench
That was PATHETIC. If you can't beat a below strength Newcastle with a two man bench, then you have no right to think you are a finals footy team.

The coach obviously felt sorry for the Knights because he only let Mitchell on for 14 minutes and Burns for 23 minutes. It wouldn't be fair to up the tempo and play a fast game would it? WE DIDN"T EVEN USE ALL OF OUR INTERCHANGE!!!!! WTF is Cleary doing? Was he at the game, or was he still in lockdown?

Our attack has not improved at all. We had enough possession to win four games. 59% possession, 46 tackles in the red zone for no tries. We beat the Knights on every single attacking stat except the scoreboard. No pace, no creativity and an endless procession of block plays.

If Luai is the answer, what is the question? He only seemed to come to life when he run from dummy half. Has Cleary coached the creativity out of him?

The only thing I will say in our defence is that Kurt Mann (five eighth) has played more games than Burton and Luai put together. We had rookie halves and it really showed. That said, they didn't look any worse than when we have Cleary as halfback. We stink in attack and have done for a few years.

CCJohnC

Juniors
My thoughts: Where was Luai didn't get much of a mention at all.
Aitkens was safe but any line breaks? Cannot remember any.
The inexperience showed and Burton's field goal attempts were poor.
Yeo tries and tries but runs into brick walls very rarely passes.

Of Cummins was ref and did we get any six agains? Newcastle seemed to get quite a few.

Disappointing result and perhaps a few changes as already mentioned here.

If you watched Fox was their another team other than Newcastle playing. Very biased.

The yak

Juniors
Did Luai lose his voice or did he get overruled or was it coaching to go to Burton at every opportunity. So strange given our start & our left edge.

I read last week that Ivan wanted Luai to play his same role with Burton taking on the role as main playmaker.

Fangs

Coach
He has been in almost every game he starts. He just isn’t FG standard half

I can't quite see that. I'd also debate your point here, both warriors games he was the MVP. Not much to say when he sits on a bench and plays a bit of centre.

It's strange seeing the 'senior' player acting as second fiddle. I really thought this was Luai's game. Especially with Crichton and Kikau on his shoulder. What on earth happened in that second half?

pantherz9103

First Grade
It’s very disappointing that our attack hasn’t really evolved beyond ‘give to ball to ‘Kikau’
Basically we suck against any team that defends well and we have no imagination or creativity whether Cleary plays or not. Last year in Round 25 we put 54 on the Knights because they gave up and we played with some flair. This year they hold us to a draw with a 2 man bench and no ball, because they showed great commitment in defence and knew what was coming. Imagine if we just play a bit more instinctively we might score more points.

Also Api is a good buy but I expected more from him today.

GongPanther

Referee
Given the game I’ll take point and be happy.

Not saying I am happy with the overall performance but I think the point is a handy one.
There will be no easy games for us this year if we don't shake this shit off. But that one comp point might help or hinder us at season's end.

franklin2323

Immortal
I can't quite see that. I'd also debate your point here, both warriors games he was the MVP. Not much to say when he sits on a bench and plays a bit of centre.

It's strange seeing the 'senior' player acting as second fiddle. I really thought this was Luai's game. Especially with Crichton and Kikau on his shoulder. What on earth happened in that second half?

Our attack has been garbage since we stopping having a ball playing FB. That would be the role I would groom him for.

As it stands right now Tyrone May is our best 5/8th a few more games like that and he will walk straight in

age.s

First Grade
It looked like every game in the last few years where we've come up against a committed, organised defense. We didn't have the ability to make space and convert the few half chances we had. I've seen worse performances but it wasn't good enough.

We really missed Cleary and despite Aekins being solid I still think Crichton offers way more at 1. Burton was ok but pretty obviously needs more time to develop. I know field goals are a bit of a lottery but he really should have iced the game there. He had some seriously good looks. Luai was invisible which was disappointing but probably not surprising. We need Korisau on for 80.

franklin2323

Immortal
That was PATHETIC. If you can't beat a below strength Newcastle with a two man bench, then you have no right to think you are a finals footy team.

The coach obviously felt sorry for the Knights because he only let Mitchell on for 14 minutes and Burns for 23 minutes. It wouldn't be fair to up the tempo and play a fast game would it? WE DIDN"T EVEN USE ALL OF OUR INTERCHANGE!!!!! WTF is Cleary doing? Was he at the game, or was he still in lockdown?

Our attack has not improved at all. We had enough possession to win four games. 59% possession, 46 tackles in the red zone for no tries. We beat the Knights on every single attacking stat except the scoreboard. No pace, no creativity and an endless procession of block plays.

If Luai is the answer, what is the question? He only seemed to come to life when he run from dummy half. Has Cleary coached the creativity out of him?

The only thing I will say in our defence is that Kurt Mann (five eighth) has played more games than Burton and Luai put together. We had rookie halves and it really showed. That said, they didn't look any worse than when we have Cleary as halfback. We stink in attack and have done for a few years.

No one should be thinking they are finals team atm. Very long and unusual season to play out yet

Luai is just not a FG. No coach can put brains and match awareness in a player

Latest posts