What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs. Titans Discussion + Voting

sixpack

Juniors
The positives for Gagai is you can teach someone to catch and tackle but it is a lot harder to teach someone to attack.
The kid can attack, whereas if you look at Beale he shows nothing with the ball.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
The positives for Gagai is you can teach someone to catch and tackle but it is a lot harder to teach someone to attack.
The kid can attack, whereas if you look at Beale he shows nothing with the ball.

Catching and tackling has nothing to do with teaching. The kid wouldn't have been in the Broncos system if he couldn't show the basic skills to catch and tackle. It's all about attitude.

sixpack

Juniors
Catching and tackling has nothing to do with teaching. The kid wouldn't have been in the Broncos system if he couldn't show the basic skills to catch and tackle. It's all about attitude.

Are you saying Darren Lockyer had poor attitude in regards to his tackling?

qld aussie

Juniors
I dont understand why anyone would want to put Kemp in their side he hasn't put a decent performance in for over 2 years. Give Gagai a break
he has only played 2 games in NRL I have seen plenty of him in U20's and he has plenty to offer. I would rather see Copley given a chance if Beale doesn't perform.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Watch the trial game against storm. Cronk put up a bunch of bombs in the start of the game and Gagai handled it with ease. Give him a break, it was his second game. I can't wait to see him back in NRL, hes a great talent.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Are you saying Darren Lockyer had poor attitude in regards to his tackling?

Defence is all about attitude. Look at Tamou on Saturday night. Normally a very good defender and not a guy the oppositon would run at. With all the internal issues up there, the players aren't happy and look at how they play. Tamou was barely using his arms let alone his shoulders. Lockyer's not out there to make important tackles. That's why he has blokes to protect him. When he was a fullback and bigger, he was a great defender.

sixpack

Juniors
Defence is all about attitude. Look at Tamou on Saturday night. Normally a very good defender and not a guy the oppositon would run at. With all the internal issues up there, the players aren't happy and look at how they play. Tamou was barely using his arms let alone his shoulders. Lockyer's not out there to make important tackles. That's why he has blokes to protect him. When he was a fullback and bigger, he was a great defender.

Lockyer's not out there to make important tackles? LOL
He is targeted at 5/8th, every tackle is important.
He was not bigger at fullback! Mate, you need to go through your logic again.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Lockyer's not out there to make important tackles? LOL
He is targeted at 5/8th, every tackle is important.
He was not bigger at fullback! Mate, you need to go through your logic again.

Yes he is targeted hence why he's got blokes to protect him. I meant that he was bigger at 5/8. If him missing tackles was so important, they'd have him in the sandpit every week. The fact is he isn't. They accept he's going to miss plenty of tackles and it's a bit like his goal kicking, he doesn't enjoy defending. It was the main reason why he was reluctant to move to 5/8.

AuDragon

Juniors
How is a winger's tackling ability more important than a 5/8's?
Let it be clear that I'm not in anyway comparing the importance of both players in question, but only their position on the field.

Southern Cross

Juniors
To some people who have short memories remember when Steve Renoff first played First Grade a lot like both Gagai & Beal in my opinion.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
How is a winger's tackling ability more important than a 5/8's?
Let it be clear that I'm not in anyway comparing the importance of both players in question, but only their position on the field.

Defence is more important at centre than wing but those blokes often don't have defenders to help them. If Lockyer's making a tackle by himself, the Broncos defensive structure isn't working

Big Pete

Referee
3. Gerard Beale
2. Corey Parker
1. Justin Hodges

That was an impressive game in d, only one run away try scored against us and we stood up in all the big moments.

Seagulls said:

Blind granny could have told you that.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Blind granny could have told you that.

Well obviously theres no blind grannys on here. 99% of people on here wouldn't have seen Beale play fullback until tonight. How could you give Beale 3 though? He was okay but he wasn't brilliant. Hoffman was just as good if not better. Parker didn't do much. Obviously the 9 boys had had a little gamble on him. Hodges wasn't given enough ball.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Another ugly win but I don't mind. Defence won us this game while our attack let us down by continuing to misfire with errors amass. Pleased with Beale showed some versatility and also speed (cough). Honestly apart from that one blunder under the high ball, Beale had a fine game. I'm eating humble pie as we speak. Now to the 3,2,1.

3. Corey Parker.
2. Ben Te'o.
1. Ben Hunt.

Notable mentions: The whole team on a truly awesome defensive effort.

Big Pete

Referee
Well obviously theres no blind grannys on here. 99% of people on here wouldn't have seen Beale play fullback until tonight. How could you give Beale 3 though? He was okay but he wasn't brilliant. Hoffman was just as good if not better. Parker didn't do much. Obviously the 9 boys had had a little gamble on him. Hodges wasn't given enough ball.

Anyone who had seen him play fullback or could remember his game against Melbourne would obviously say that, it really isn't something worth patting your back on.

Beale came up with some very big plays tonight.

Parker typified the Broncos defence.

Hodges came up with the match winner and made a number of good darts from dummy half that got us rolling.

Who would your 3,2,1 be?

hellteam

First Grade
Now I'm no massive Beale fan, but he was man of the match tonight.

3. Beale
2. Parker
1. Hodges

Well then, same as you Big Pete haha.

Hope Hoffman is back soon, what's the latest news?