What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3

Big Pete

Referee
What team do you think we should go for?

My team:
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Steven Michaels *
3. Justin Hodges **
4. Shaun Berrigan ***
5. Darius Boyd
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Brett Seymour
8. Shane Webcke
9. Michael Ennis
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Ben Hannant
12. David Stagg
13. Tonie Carroll ****

14. Brad Thorn
15. Dane Carlaw *****
16. Sam Thaiday
17. Greg Eastwood

*If he's available if not bring in Tupou
** If available if not replace with either Tupou or Minto
*** If Tate isn't available, put on bench ahead of Eastwood if Tate is available
**** If available if not bring Eastwood into the starting side and McGuire onto bench
***** Last chance

renouf

Juniors
Looks like a good side, I really hope Eastwood gets a run.. he put on some big shots late in that second half against the Sharks..

salivor

First Grade
If all are fit and healthy then I'd like to see:
1. Darren Lockyer
2. Darius Boyd
3. Brent Tate
4. Justin Hodges
5. Steve Michaels
6. Karmichael Hunt
7. Brett Seymour
8. Shane Webcke
9. Michael Ennis
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. David Stagg
12. Ben Hannant
13. Tonie Carroll

14. Brad Thorn
15. Dane Carlaw/Corey Parker
16. Greg Eastwood
17. Shaun Berrigan

salivor

First Grade
Big Pete said:
Who would you drop Carlaw for?

I'd give Nick Kenny another run see how he goes.

Parker seems to be the forgotten man. Kenny wouldn't be a bad option though, he seemed to have some talent when he played against the Sharks last year, having a cat like Stevens target him would've been a big learning curve.

renouf

Juniors
Unless Carroll, Hodges etc take the field I can see Parramatta tearing us apart on the weekend, they'll cause to many problems around the ruck.. the area that was supposed to be fixed in the off season.

I don't think it will be a repeat of the Cowboys though, with Ennis/Seymour starting.

shawat

Juniors
I know Carlaw gets a lot of criticism, and 95% of it fully deserved the way he's played the last few seasons, but jeez I hope Bennet gives Costigan the arse this week. God this bloke sh*ts me to tears. A couple of Sharks virtually ran either straight through or around him, and his ball control is shocking most games. I think he has had enough chances, and should be running around with Toowoomba this weekend.

Other than that, is gonna be a real test this week, considering Parra's record up here.

broncoman

Juniors
Costigan played pretty well (compared to everyone else) against the Cowboys, i think he will hold onto his spot this week...

Mr Saab

Referee
renouf said:
Unless Carroll, Hodges etc take the field I can see Parramatta tearing us apart on the weekend, they'll cause to many problems around the ruck.. the area that was supposed to be fixed in the off season.

I don't think it will be a repeat of the Cowboys though, with Ennis/Seymour starting.

I agree. PJ Marsh and Riddell are going to murder the broncos.

Meanie

Juniors
1. Hunt
2. Bott
3. Hodges
4. Berrigan
5. Boyd
6. Lockyer
7. Seymour
8. Webcke
9. Ennis
10. Hannant
11. Stagg
12. Carroll
13. Eastwood
14. Civoniceva
15. Thorn
16. Thaiday
17. Costigan

mahesh

Juniors
i reckon you'd be better off using hannant off the bench and start with civoniceva.. plus carroll's out till next week.

Meanie

Juniors
mahesh said:
i reckon you'd be better off using hannant off the bench and start with civoniceva.. plus carroll's out till next week.

One thing I noticed about Civo on the weekend, he NEVER gets quick play the balls and NEVER offloads despite those big long arms of his. Plus he looks like hes running in slomo nowadays. 3 problems that funnily enough the Broncos as a team seem to be having.

And in the case of Carroll I'd put Costigan in the second row and McGuire to the bench.

salivor

First Grade
Meanie said:
One thing I noticed about Civo on the weekend, he NEVER gets quick play the balls and NEVER offloads despite those big long arms of his. Plus he looks like hes running in slomo nowadays. 3 problems that funnily enough the Broncos as a team seem to be having.

And in the case of Carroll I'd put Costigan in the second row and McGuire to the bench.

You've only just noticed he doesn't offload? Thats the problem with the Broncos forwards, at one point last season we were the worst statistically in the comp for offloads while Rugby League these days has gone in the direction of needing to have mobile forwards with ball skills. You only have to see the extra dimension it adds to our attack when Webcke throws a few passes.

Paullyboy

Coach
No Michaels (3 months) or Minto (6 weeks) Im guessing Tupou might finally get his chance to cement a permanent spot in the team.

Either that or Bott might get a recall.