What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs: Friday 2nd April 4:05pm @Stadium Australia

callmack1

Staff member
Time to look forward to another big clash this week as we go up against the Bulldogs in the traditional Good Friday fixture! I always love the Good Friday game, one of my favourite occasions for the year. It's Easter and a long weekend so this game always brings the crowd. We were obviously robbed of it last year so it's great to finally have it back once again. The Bulldogs are another traditional rival of ours so playing them will always be firey and will always have a bit of feeling to it, add to that that it's a Good Friday game in front of a big crowd, and I'm sure this week will be no different. Been some fantastic clashes over the years on Good Friday hasn't there?!

The Dogs might have had a rough start to 2021, losing all their games but we simply cannot afford to take them lightly. They are still finding their groove as a side and there's a possibility they might find it anytime and that can be very dangerous. As always, they're a tough and gritty side that will never give up and will try to drag you down to their level. We cannot allow them to do that. The Dogs are looking like they'll be missing a couple of key players like Jackson and Marshall-King but again, we cannot underestimate them as they still have some strike players we'll need to shut down such as Hopoate, Flanagan, Napa and Elliot. As always, they'll be super fired up for a big Good Friday upset.

For us, as I say, we cannot afford to take the Dogs lightly. Start thinking it'll be an easy win and you'll get your pants pulled down so there is no room for complacency this week. In saying that, if we want to be a top four side, these are the kind of games we should win. This week is all about consolidating our position and showing that last week against the Roosters was no fluke, we need to back that up this Friday. Again, handling errors will be key. We need to hold that ball once again and everything else will flow off the back of that. As I said, Canterbury will try to drag us down to their level so we have to be holding that ball to minimise the risk. Other than that, it's all about chugging along in this competition, keep improving every week and keep racking up wins.

So yea, another big game this week. It's Easter and I know the boys can bring home the chocolates. Let's go!!

callmack1

Staff member
"It was a good way to start our weekend" - Walker: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/03/29/it-was-a-good-way-to-start-our-weekend----walker/

"What we're doing at training is transferring to the game" - Tatola: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...raining-is-transferring-to-the-game---tatola/

Rehab Report Round 3 Update: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/03/29/rehab-report-round-3-update/

So sounds like Junior still has a little hamstring niggle but it is just a case of managing it, appears to be in no doubt for Friday which is great!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’ll be going with Dad on Friday.

We certainly can’t take the Dogs lightly. They beat us late last year when we played them.

We need to be better at defusing kicks as that killed us last time we played them they scored 3 tries off kicks!

We should be winning this one well if the boys stay focussed.

callmack1

Staff member
A lot of people, especially on other forums are saying that if we don't put at least 40 on them, it will be extremely disappointing. Well, I don't buy into that statement at all. Of course, I'd love us to do so and I'd love us to flex some muscle and win comfortably, but I think statements like this belong closer to the end of the Season.

If we're still gunning for a Premiership towards the end of our Season and a team like the Dog are still down the bottom then yea, maybe we can make statements like that but I think it's very important to stay humble and stay grounded. At this stage of the Season, we have earnt nothing and I think the focus should be more about just playing as best we can and just picking up that two points. Just win. It doesn't matter how many by, just win.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
With the Dogs going so bad I don’t think the crowd will be as big as what it could’ve been!

I don’t think many Dogs members and fans will go.

I’m thinking a crowd of around 25,000.