What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs: Friday 2nd April 4:05pm @Stadium Australia

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ok we are now into the early hours of Good Friday and game day is pretty much upon us!

We all love the Good Friday clashes they are always a tough encounter against the Bulldogs. Yes the Dogs are playing bad currently but we took them lightly last time we played them and lost. We have to give them the respect they deserve. We lost a few of these kinds of games last year and it cost us a top 4 spot. We just need to do the basics right and we should be ok. We should win quite comfortably but it’s not always that straight forward in the NRL.

So Rabbitohs members and supporters whilst this is an away game for us let’s go and take over Stadium Australia and give the boys lots of support to turn this into a home game. Once again it is time TO FFFFIIIIRRREEEE UUUUPPPPPPPPP. IT IS TIME TO SCREAM, YELL, CHANT AND APPLAUD ONCE MORE!! RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS EVERYONE ON YOUR FEET AT 4:04PM LETS GO RABBITOHS GLORY GLORY AND LETS GO AND GET THESE 2 VERY IMPORTANT COMPETITION POINTS!!!

callmack1

Staff member
Happy Easter to all you fellow Rabbiohs members and fans out there!! It's Good Friday but not only that, it's game day as well!!! Yep, they day is finally here again as our Easter Bunnies take on those Bulldogs this afternoon. You have to love the Good Friday clash, a fixture that has been a tradition since 2012. A traditional game on Good Friday against a traditional rival, on a dry track (hopefully), and in front of a big crowd (hopefully), it doesn't get much better than that. I always see this as one to circle on the calendar in one of the biggest occasions of the year. Every year it's a firey clash and there's been some fantasticly crazy moments over the years. I'm sure this year wil be no different and it's even more significant since we missed out on this fixture last year.

Yes, the Dogs are low on the ladder and really struggling but don't let that fool you. I still feel like they are a better side than what their form suggests, their roster is way better than that. All it'll take is one game for them to suddenly click and they could do some damage in this comp so we have to be wary that this could be the game they do that, you never know. For that reason, the Bulldogs cannot be taken lightly. Any team that has players like Allan, Cotric, Hopoate, Flanagan, Napa and Elliot in it, is one to be wary of. They'll be fired up this afternoon and we'll have to be on to match that.

That's why for us, it's all about our attitude today. Last year, we really struggled in the games that we were expected to win, with the Bulldogs even beating us in Round 19 last year as we went in raging favourites. Our attitude was way off that night and Canterbury dragged us down to their level. So we simply can't let that happen today. If you want to be a top four side, these are the kind of games you must win so our attitude and focus needs to be there. Feel like I say this every week but it all stems from holding the ball and keeping our dicipline tight, last week proved that we can do anything if we hold the ball so that's the key. I'd also like to see that same desperation in defence.

So yea, it's a huge Good Friday coming up. Let's hope we can make it a Great Friday and start the Easter weekend off right. I know the boys can do it!!

Mad Bunny

Juniors
I predict two tries to josh mansour today id like to see that go the sauce glory glory.

Sorry to say it!!!! But as long as jaxson paulo never takes josh mansour wing position again we can go all the way id even use tautau moga on the wing than paulo if mansour was injured.

Mad Bunny

Juniors
it actually bewilders me why bennett used jaxson paulo in the first place my stomach hits the floor when he gets picked.The hairs on the back of my neck stands up when ever he is anywhere near the steedon.

Mad Bunny

Juniors
Blatantly he is not a present day souths 1st grader
he would not even get a wing spot back at the titans where he is from. I don't think he would get a gig at the dogs or at manly or at the cows what was bennett thinking sorry but I have to tell the truth.

Mad Bunny

Juniors
That would be great MB, but I'll be happy just to see him do those tough carries out of our 20.

True JR I don't mean to be nasty to jaxson paulo but mate he should never lace up a souths boot till he has the goods at present he doesn't far from it. but at present if he ever takes mansour's wing spot we are in trouble he is a liability to our end of year finals aspirations!!!

callmack1

Staff member
Once again, today I'm blocking out all the Reyno stuff. We have a game to focus on, we have a big game to win. That is the focus. I hope the boys have the same mentality today.

I agree in regards to Paulo. Although I think he was solid last year, just showed nothing special. Genuinely believe he can be a future star but needs more time to develop in NSW Cup. Glad Mansour is playing today.

callmack1

Staff member
WALKER AND MITCHELL TOP CHEMISTRY FOR RABBITOHS

LEAGUE Christian Nicolussi

Around the grounds and at Stadium Australia it’s Cody Walker and Latrell Mitchell 26, Canterbury 16.

That is the humbling scoreline for the Bulldogs, who have been embarrassingly outscored in the first three rounds by just two Rabbitohs , who they meet today.

Walker and Mitchell have a great understanding on the field , which was clear last weekend when they teamed up for the first try against the Roosters.

Walker spotted Luke Keary out of the defensive line, ordered Mitchell to go the short side out of dummy-half , whereupon the No.1 flicked the ball back inside for Walker to score. Together they have combined for five tries, three goals and seven try assists.

Canterbury coach Trent Barrett would have spent all week trying to work out how his side will score points – but also wondering how on earth they can stop the deadly fullback and fiveeighth combination.

“It’s so hard to explain it,” Walker told the Herald when asked about his chemistry with Mitchell. “We have this weird connection with one another. A lot of it comes back to the relationships you have off the field – we’re quite close and live around the corner from each other.

“It’s a feel. You see a lot of that stuff at the [Indigenous] knockouts . . . it’s just our ability to feel what’s about to happen.

“I have a different connection with a lot of the boys. I have a great combination with ‘Reyno’ [Adam Reynolds] and ‘Cooky’ [Damien Cook]. Whenever Cooky jumps, there are different things I’ll look for.

“But with Latrell, I know for a fact he’s one of the most dangerous players in the NRL, and my job is to get him nice and clean early ball. He’s got a skill set you hardly ever see. He’s a once-ina-generation player.

‘‘ He can do it all – run, pass and he’s so strong and hard to handle one-on-one . He’s very similar to ‘Greggy’ [Greg Inglis], and I can understand why they’re spoken about in the same breath.”

Mitchell showed tremendous dedication to his hamstring recovery over the summer, and the extra work the fullback put in had him in blistering form from the opening round.

Canterbury are wooden-spoon contenders and Souths are a genuine title powerhouse. The bookies have given the Dogs a whopping start of 20.5 points, a head-start not normally seen so early into a season.

Reynolds remains without a deal for next year and last week quietly moved to 209 games for Souths, one ahead of legendary halfback Craig Coleman.

Next week Reynolds will draw level with Bob McCarthy before inevitably moving past Nathan Merritt (218) into outright second, with only John Sutton to potentially catch on 336 games.

Walker said Reynolds was “our captain, general and chief pest” who had done a fantastic job to not let his much-publicised contract saga impact on his on-field performances.

Mad Bunny

Juniors
Once again, today I'm blocking out all the Reyno stuff. We have a game to focus on, we have a big game to win. That is the focus. I hope the boys have the same mentality today.

I agree in regards to Paulo. Although I think he was solid last year, just showed nothing special. Genuinely believe he can be a future star but needs more time to develop in NSW Cup. Glad Mansour is playing today.

Callmack I hope that paulo exceeds all expectations in the future he has the physical traits/attributes to do well I wish the young fella well. he may blossom in a couple more seasons i hope he does but his time is not now hopefully bennett/demetriou can see that too.

Latest posts