What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs Eels

SGMax

Juniors
All the better teams play with a tempo and urgency that the refs pick up on and accept.
It has also been called momentum but the good teams work hard to play with it.
Dragons don't so when they get held down longer the refs don't notice it.
You can see when a team with this tempo is held down the refs are quick to penalise and when they throw a marginally forward pass the refs hesitate to stop the play.

Every time that I have seen this up tempo style of play (usually catch up footy ) in the Dragons they look like world beaters but it is only occasional.
Giving the opposition penalties and poor handling takes it further away from the Dragons style of play.
Parra rely on this momentum a lot so if we can control possession better and limit their field position, they can be unsettled.

Dragon David

First Grade
Parramatta won a hard fought game against the Storm in golden point - lucky though. They will be hard to beat I'm afraid to say next Sunday at Commbank Stadium if they play as good as they did today.

Draginzaaar

Bench
I think last night was evidence that a shake-up is due and that guys who under-perform and sleepwalk through games should be put on notice.
The youngsters - as skillful as they undoubtedly are - look out of their depth and suffering from a lack of leadership on the pitch (and, maybe, off it as well).
This is the squad I would pick for next weekend. Most people will find a lot wrong with it. It's far from the best team we could put out there, but I think it would be solid.
1 Lomax 2 Moga 3 Suli 4 Feagai 5 Rava 6 Amone 7 Mbye 8 Molo 9 Hunt 10 Kerr 11 Sims 12 Bird 13 JdB
14 Su'a 15 Lawrie 16 Goziewski 17 Woods 18 J Hunt 19 Sullivan
Su'a has to change his tackling style, Lawrie has to raise the bar substantially above what he's offering (if Jaiyden Hunt is eligible he would make my 17 instead of Blocker atm), Ramsey & Sloane need a spell in KOE to enjoy themselves a bit and then have another crack at Firsts with renewed confidence and enthusiasm. As soon as Sullivan is match fit, he goes into 7 and Mbye to the bench.
Any talk about who should be in the 17 is just pi$$ing in the wind anyway, cos Hook will just do the usual like Mary did. I'm just not happy with what I've seen since the Charity Shield - and that was a struggle against a team about as half-baked as we are. Just looking for solutions - so please go gentle on me, fellas.
Su'a is suspended

BLM01

First Grade
Sloan: ineffective last night, maybe the weather plus a tough Sharks team. Willing to forgive, he’ll be fine.

Amone: Hate to say but I’m just not seeing it. Very happy to be proven wrong but I’m really worried with him starting at 6.

Ramsey: Has put on a bit of size over pre season and is full of guts but nothing is happening there at the moment but him and Suli are getting no where near enough ball
Agree with summation except for Amone
We did see it last year and i distinctly remember most on here calling him and excited for him to start at 6 this year
Give both him & Sloane time to work into the season
How did Tedesco & Walker play on Friday night
I have said here, other more experienced players (being mostly all) in our team have not helped their cause especially Thursday night

Wow, sounds like Hook is making quite a few enemies.
Enemies is a bit strong, but I don't have a lot of faith in him atm.
Mbye made a total of 6 run metres on Thursday night. People blow up about McCullough being tardy at dummy half but that's got to be some kind of a record. Mybe tackled his heart out - and kudos to him for that - but there's more to being a #9 (they can't be called a hooker anymore, surely). However, Hunt is quite effective in the 9, where he spends less time going sideways until he can chuck a hospital pass to some hapless back-rower. Mybe was quite effective at 1/2 against Parra in the trial game until his injury. So Hook throws Amone - the basket in which we've loaded all our 5/8 eggs - into dummy half. If there's some logic in that, please explain it to me - cos I can't see it.
Also, he picks three backrowers on the bench and two of them get 18 and 19 minutes respectively. Our starting props only play 100 minutes between them so if Jaiyden Hunt is eligible why not get him out there - especially when you're prepared to rely on 19 year-olds to do the heavy lifting in the spine? Whenever I've seen J Hunt play he rips in.

BBTB

Juniors
Enemies is a bit strong, but I don't have a lot of faith in him atm.
Mbye made a total of 6 run metres on Thursday night. People blow up about McCullough being tardy at dummy half but that's got to be some kind of a record. Mybe tackled his heart out - and kudos to him for that - but there's more to being a #9 (they can't be called a hooker anymore, surely). However, Hunt is quite effective in the 9, where he spends less time going sideways until he can chuck a hospital pass to some hapless back-rower. Mybe was quite effective at 1/2 against Parra in the trial game until his injury. So Hook throws Amone - the basket in which we've loaded all our 5/8 eggs - into dummy half. If there's some logic in that, please explain it to me - cos I can't see it.
Also, he picks three backrowers on the bench and two of them get 18 and 19 minutes respectively. Our starting props only play 100 minutes between them so if Jaiyden Hunt is eligible why not get him out there - especially when you're prepared to rely on 19 year-olds to do the heavy lifting in the spine? Whenever I've seen J Hunt play he rips in.
Yes Jayden Hunt to the bench. Also like Ben Hunt to dummyhalf 9, Mbye to 7, Bird to 6, Lomax to 1, Moga to 4,&
Johnathan Ruben to Ramsey wing.