What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs Eels

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I've watched a few other games this weekend after the rubbish the Dragons dished up on Thursday night. My conclusion is that unless we play MUCH faster in defence and MUCH faster in attack, and maybe even pass the ball more than once occasionally then the Dragons will be in for a flogging most weeks. I am hoping that Thursday's game was just an aberration - they surely must play better than that!

slippery5

Juniors
Yes Jayden Hunt to the bench. Also like Ben Hunt to dummyhalf 9, Mbye to 7, Bird to 6, Lomax to 1, Moga to 4,&
Johnathan Ruben to Ramsey wing.
Jayden Hunt is "not" eligible, unless we rip up Burgess's contract & promote him to top 30.
Otherwise we will all have to wait until June 30 ?? to see him in 1st grade.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Wow guys, you really panic early 😂

Amone Has been quiet. Feels like he is playing within himself, like it is a game plan until he learns certain parts Of the game. He will come good, we know he has the skills and flair.

Sloan likewise is learning heaps. Yes he was quiet, but this is the time we all know that these guys need to develop.

i think Ramsey has had a great start to season with limited opportunities.

Only change I would consider is Sullivan to get a run, maybe Amone to 14

Col1

Juniors
I was a big Ramsey fan caught in the hype, but he has had an extra season and even allowing for the average team performance he has not delivered and has not shown much to get excited about for a while. To small.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
A few players back from injury this week i believe.
With Sua out obviously Sims and Bird as the edge forwards.
Woods to return and Jdb back to starting lock.
One facet of our play thst gets me is the slowness of the play the balls. Our 2 halves hsvr zero time and often caught with the ball or rushing a pass. We need roll on (not the deodorant type but you know what i mean) to create opportinities.
My team:
1. Sloan
2. Moga
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Amone
7. Hunt
8. Woods
9. Mbye
10. Lawrie
11. Bird
12. Sims
13. JDB

14. Kerr
15. Molo
16. Jetski
17. Ramsey

Yes, i put Ramsey on the bench, basically just as cover. We need big bodies to bring tge bsll bsck our of defense, not doubting Cody's courage, but he is easily dominated in tackles, Moga might just add that difference.
Have to keep with Sloan at fb.

Dragon David

First Grade
One facet of our play thst gets me is the slowness of the play the balls. Our 2 halves hsvr zero time and often caught with the ball or rushing a pass. We need roll on (not the deodorant type but you know what i mean) to create opportinities.
My team:
1. Sloan
2. Moga
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Amone
7. Hunt
8. Woods
9. Mbye
10. Lawrie
11. Bird
12. Sims
13. JDB

14. Kerr
15. Molo
16. Jetski
17. Ramsey

Yes, i put Ramsey on the bench, basically just as cover. We need big bodies to bring tge bsll bsck our of defense, not doubting Cody's courage, but he is easily dominated in tackles, Moga might just add that difference.
Fair call Dragonslayer.

Crush

Coach
My team:
1. Sloan
2. Moga
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Amone
7. Hunt
8. Woods
9. Mbye
10. Lawrie
11. Bird
12. Sims
13. JDB

14. Kerr
15. Molo
16. Jetski
17. Ramsey

Is McCulloch back this week? Don’t play until Sunday night so he might be right to go?

mickeylane

Bench
My team:
1. Sloan
2. Moga
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Amone
7. Hunt
8. Woods
9. Mbye
10. Lawrie
11. Bird
12. Sims
13. JDB

14. Kerr
15. Molo
16. Jetski
17. Ramsey

DS Why would u start our best forward (Molo) on the bench.
And why would you want to play w 12 men by including Amone at 6.. the kid is a ghost .

SnowDragon

Juniors
DS Why would u start our best forward (Molo) on the bench.
And why would you want to play w 12 men by including Amone at 6.. the kid is a ghost .
Woods is best to start. He isn’t really an impact player, and to some extent I think the same with Laurie.

Molo gives huge impact from the bench and can change the game. I actually like this approach, even if I agree he is our best prop.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I know the Sharks performance was disappointing, but it sucks to see how fast fans have been to absolutely lay the boot into the team. Can't go to any Red V social post without seeing calls to sack X player or Hook.

Seems particularly fast given our other loss was a pretty brave one against the premiers. The team is showing improvement over a course of time now, and a dip here and there is to be expected. Both losses we were done dirty with sin bins too, so I'm not too angry at the team

Dragons facing adversity coming up against a flying Parra at Bankwest is my favourite underdog storyline as well. They'll turn up and even if they lose it won't be lying down.

BBTB

Juniors
I know the Sharks performance was disappointing, but it sucks to see how fast fans have been to absolutely lay the boot into the team. Can't go to any Red V social post without seeing calls to sack X player or Hook.

Seems particularly fast given our other loss was a pretty brave one against the premiers. The team is showing improvement over a course of time now, and a dip here and there is to be expected. Both losses we were done dirty with sin bins too, so I'm not too angry at the team

Dragons facing adversity coming up against a flying Parra at Bankwest is my favourite underdog storyline as well. They'll turn up and even if they lose it won't be lying down.
Hopefully we can see the right team play this week.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Injury update: expected return

Round 4:
Burns
Sullivan
Woods

Round 5:
McCullough

Round 6:
Fuimaono - from suspension
McGuire - from suspension

Round 11:
Feagai (Max)

qld redvee

Juniors

Burgess free to play, for the time being
Well that is totally unexpected guys
at least we have a bit more size on the bench....