What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs Eels

Shaun_Timmins

Juniors
For the last 2 years, the majority of you lot were clamouring for the youngsters from that SG Ball squad to get a run.

It was deafening. And last year, when we were losing consistently, you were still saying how great they were!

Now, after one bad loss, you're calling for their heads! Things take time. It's round 3. Granted, Hook has made some questionable calls in regards to the forwards. But unless we give the kids in the spine some proper 1st grade time, they will never find their feet.

Also, read the team list on the Dragons website!

Sullivan is INJURED! He is due back in round 5.

Unavailable for selection –​

Billy Burns (foot) – Round 5
Jayden Sullivan (hamstring) – Round 5
Jaydn Su'A (suspended) – Round 5
Tyrell Fuimaono (suspended) – Round 6
Josh McGuire (suspended) – Round 6
Max Feagai (ankle/leg) – indefinite
Cody Ramsey (hamstring) – indefinite

SaintPeter

Juniors
The overhaul of SGI in the off season was very commendable (by Hook) with the release of the under performing players notably Norman and the purchase of new players giving us a stronger back line and more forward depth.
However, strengthening the key and vital position of hooker seems to have been underdone/overlooked.
I think this will cost us big time.
This week Mbye up against Reed Mahoney is a good example.

Illusion

Bench
The overhaul of SGI in the off season was very commendable (by Hook) with the release of the under performing players notably Norman and the purchase of new players giving us a stronger back line and more forward depth.
However, strengthening the key and vital position of hooker seems to have been underdone/overlooked.
I think this will cost us big time.
This week Mbye up against Reed Mahoney is a good example.
Like I have said many times we have a state of origin player 9 that plays much better in that position than at 7 ........ Mybe 7 has to be better than the last 5 years with Hunt at 7 ......

Como Connection

First Grade
I struggle with having Gosiewski and Ford in the squad.
If Burgess has not been stood down pick him.
Also i would have Moga or a young Jayden Hunt instead of Ford.
I just don't think Ford is NRL standard.
Burns, McGuire , Sullivan, Sua all out does not help.
Looking forward to have a full squad to pick from.
Plus Fui.
CC

Harry Bath

Juniors
For the last 2 years, the majority of you lot were clamouring for the youngsters from that SG Ball squad to get a run.

It was deafening. And last year, when we were losing consistently, you were still saying how great they were!

Now, after one bad loss, you're calling for their heads! Things take time. It's round 3. Granted, Hook has made some questionable calls in regards to the forwards. But unless we give the kids in the spine some proper 1st grade time, they will never find their feet.

Sullivan was injured initially due back round 2 then round 3 then round 4 now round 5 next ? there seems to be a horrible pattern happening with this bloke, maybe he is not cut out to be a regular first grader?

Dragons154

Juniors
Sullivan was injured initially due back round 2 then round 3 then round 4 now round 5 next ? there seems to be a horrible pattern happening with this bloke, maybe he is not cut out to be a regular first grader?

out of all the ridiculous shit I’ve read in this thread, you sir take the prize.

stop being a bunch of negative sooks and get behind the boys. UP THE DRAGONS!

hewi

Bench

IMO there is no doubt he is a gun player however as you say he has had lengthy and numerous I think time out with injuries. I hope he gets better and gets back on the field for a lengthy and injury free long time.

mickeylane

Bench
Like I have said many times we have a state of origin player 9 that plays much better in that position than at 7 ........ Mybe 7 has to be better than the last 5 years with Hunt at 7 ......
Id even back a Mbye/Jack Bird Half combintaion...definitely Hunt to Hooker ...half combo may lack a little spark but Bird wont choke to call for the ball like Amone does...

possm

Coach

Going back to the 70s (my era) we never got selected to the top grade unless the coach thought we were up to it. These days the coaching staff have a long off-season to assess players and then the initial rounds to confirm their opinions.

Griffin has remained loyal to those that are fit to play and so, I am hoping for a drastically improved performance from our spine or changes the following week.

I do feel confident that our forwards with Woods and Burgess returning to the side and with Sims having another game under his belt, will hold their own against the Eels.

I still feel that Hunt's best fit for this current team is at hooker and I would like to see Sullivan at halfback when he is fit and ready to play first grade. He will need to kill it in reserve grade prior to gaining NRL selection.

If we could work on the spine combination of Sloan, Amone, Sullivan, and Hunt this could be a side that can match it with the best in the competition. But first we need to have the right game plans and all of the above players in top form.

Of course, a forward pack that can hold its own would also be an essential ingredient.

Illusion

Bench
If I remember rightly , last year the Eels where traveling as they are now , playing well until they played us ...... I remember after the game thinking wow Hooks turned us around ...... Its all history now , but you never know 😏

Walpole

Juniors

This is not the place for common sense!

randomdragon

Juniors
No disrespect intended here but listening to the coaches preview, the interviewer honestly sounds like a kid in a candy shop. Some questions are so cringe and he can barely string a sentence together, he sounds petrified

Latest posts