What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs. Roosters Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Well...this past fortnight has sucked.

But life moves on and the footy never goes away. This week the boys travel Sydney to do battle against traditional good Friday rivals, the Sydney Roosters in a clash that should at the very least be interesting.

If nothing else, the match may give us a glimpse into the future as Henjak appears to be filling the gaps left by those who got injured with young up-starts (oh and Sims). So far the likes of Ben Hunt, Ashton Sims, Dunamis Lui, David Hala, Josh Hoffman, Michael Spence, Dane Gagai and Dale Copley have had their names mentioned as possible replacements. It'll be interesting to see which player is chosen and how they respond to it.

Anderson, McCullough and Gillett will have a fitness test on Thursday that will determine their availability on Friday.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Well...this past fortnight has sucked.

But life moves on and the footy never goes away. This week the boys travel Sydney to do battle against traditional good Friday rivals, the Sydney Roosters in a clash that should at the very least be interesting.

If nothing else, the match may give us a glimpse into the future as Henjak appears to be filling the gaps left by those who got injured with young up-starts (oh and Sims). So far the likes of Ben Hunt, Ashton Sims, Dunamis Lui, David Hala, Josh Hoffman, Michael Spence, Dane Gagai and Dale Copley have had their names mentioned as possible replacements. It'll be interesting to see which player is chosen and how they respond to it.

Anderson, McCullough and Gillett will have a fitness test on Thursday that will determine their availability on Friday.

Yea I can't wait for this game.

Good god we are in a bit of trouble if we lose Anderson, McCullough and Gillett ontop of our every growing injury list.

Dazzat

First Grade
Yep ... March Madness has arrived.

We've lost our five best attacking options - Hodges, Folau, Yow Yeh, Kemp and Gillett - so if we're going to win over the next month it will be through defence.

Looking at our roster, depth was always going to be an issue, but didn't expect it this early. Hopefully Tronc will land quickly. I'm looking forward to see Spence and Hoffman get a crack.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Strange thing is we have so much depth in the backs and we have needed every last one of them. It's like Ivan could see into the future...

I don't see many points in us so it will be up to defense. But based on Sunday that is paper thin. Broncos will do well this week to not lose by more than 20.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
the one thing which benefits us is the roosters defense on the weekend was worse than ours. also i think we've beaten the roosters at the sfs for soemthing like the previous 5 matches.
i also hope locky and wallace bomb the sh*t out of carney

johns_reds

First Grade
Not looking good this week... Im kind of hoping we are getting all our injuries out of the way early on in the season....

DeeJ

Bench
Here is the Broncos side:

1. Corey Norman 2. Antonio Winterstein 3. Alex Glenn 4. Ben Te'o 5. Gerard Beale 6. Darren Lockyer (c) 7. Peter Wallace 8. Nick Kenny 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Scott Anderson 11. Ashton Sims 12. Sam Thaiday 13. Matt Gillett
Interchange: 14. Lagi Setu 15. Ben Hunt 16. Mitchell Dodds 17. Josh McGuire; Reserves: 18. Mitch Rivett

Look at that backline! Really hope Sims shows what he is capable of and makes the most of this opportunity.

screeder

Juniors
This is the battle of easily the 2 worst defences in the comp, winner take all. Come to think of it this is gonna be an interesting game. Pray that Gillett McCullough and Anderson are fit

beads6

First Grade
I honestly think if our boys go to Sydney with the right attitude they will come away with the 2 points. We have too much class in 6, 7 & 0 to not be able to score points. Also our pack looks much better with Sims in it so I look forward to watching the game on Friday night.

Dazzat

First Grade
Sorry to say I can't see our reserve grade backline matching it with the Roosters. The only thing that will give us a win is Rooster's complacency or a super human effort by Lockyer/Wallace.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Tim Smith would be handy..just saying.

Can't see any result other than an admirable loss.

beads6

First Grade
The backline could be worse we could have Steve Michaels and Stu Kelly in the centres with Craig Frawley and Leon Bott on the wings.

I wouldn't mind seeing Winterstien get a crack in the centres.

Dazzat

First Grade
The backline could be worse we could have Steve Michaels and Stu Kelly in the centres with Craig Frawley and Leon Bott on the wings.

I wouldn't mind seeing Winterstien get a crack in the centres.

I'd prefer Scott Minto ... agree about Winterstein ... was very solid on the weekend and looked our best 3/4 ... what was left of 'em.

Broncos93

Juniors
Hold on... What was wrong with Leon Bott on the wing?
From what I remember he was exceptionally fast and at the time I was very disappointed he never played on with us?

Dazzat

First Grade
Hold on... What was wrong with Leon Bott on the wing?
From what I remember he was exceptionally fast and at the time I was very disappointed he never played on with us?

Leon Bott would have been sensational ... at touch football. Unfortunately, at about 5 ft 3 he didn't have a lot else apart from pace. He spent the rest of his league career in the Bulldogs reserve grade before going off to rugby union where he belongs.

Big Pete

Referee
Leon Bott would have been sensational ... at touch football. Unfortunately, at about 5 ft 3 he didn't have a lot else apart from pace. He spent the rest of his league career in the Bulldogs reserve grade before going off to rugby union where he belongs.

That and unless Hunt was basically serving him balls on a platter he was useless. Couldn't defend, terrible under the high ball and had hands like feet.

I didn't mind Minto, always tried hard and wasn't afraid to back himself, it's just a shame he was so unco-ordinated.

Daz, you're basically right. If we're to be any chance, the forwards are really going to have to fire. They certainly have the potential to do just that, it's just a matter of will they.

Buck

Juniors
Proberly going out to the game since I'll be in town anyways, if we show up i think we have a chance. All I want to see is at least a 80min team effort not a 30-40 one.

Latest posts