What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs. Roosters Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
No, I was referring to the Rooster's 3rd try to Mini where Graham palmed him off like a plush doll.

screeder

Juniors
MIni dropped that cold. Just milked it. Are you talking about the tackle attempt which didn't lead to a try? Rivett's defence was a lot better than some i.e Lockyer, Sims, Setu etc.

Anyone of you blokes tell me if Dodds was dropped or injured? How could you drop him for Sims? Pllllleeeeasssse!

No he's talking about the one where Graham embarrassed him with the big fend and passed for the third try

screeder

Juniors
Been racking the brain trying to figure who to give points to.

3.Thaiday only one really worthy
1.Gillett still looks better than most
1.Wallace nearly killed himself defending
1.Sims i dunno...... didn't drop the ball

isaiah

Bench
I'll disagree about Rivett. I thought he looked out of his depth for the most part and tbh I'd be surprised to see him back next week.

3. Thaiday - he made a few near breaks in the 1st half.
2. McCullough - scored a try? That's enough for 2 points.
1. Lockyer - same reasoning as Pete's.

mccullough was hooked off for a schoolboy error but i agree about rivett. he joins steve lacaze and alwyn simpson as one game wonders.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
sims was good tonight to bad Ivan didn't give him more game time take him off in the 15th min for setu and not back on till the 60th(good move ivan) and what was the go with Beale on for Kenny. also for about 25 - 30mins playing Matt on the wing someone needs to look at themselves for the answers and Ivan needs to work hard on attack and defense if we are to win another game this year.

teo 3
thaiday 2
sims 1

Gillett was put on the wing because he was struggling with his injury. You blokes love Sims don't you, he did nothing particularly in defence. Why do you think he was off the field for so long? Because Henjak wasn't impressed. I wouldn't have Rivett ahead of Hoffman anyway but I thought Rivett was okay.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Man some of you guys are harsh. Rivett went well for his debut. I'm not sure what you were expecting him to do but he went pretty well in my eyes. I would like to see him there again next week.

Seagullsrock, you have been told 100 times. It's getting ridiculous. I don't know if you are just joking around or if you are incredibly stupid.

Focusing on the positives(which a lot of you seem to fail to do). Gillett went well again, Thaiday has really stepped up this year and taken more responsibility, McGuire got more involved, Kenny and Anderson continued to impress me and Normans defence is amazing.

Dazzat

First Grade
3. Thaiday - really stepped up toight
2. Teo - was busier at centre than when he plays second row (go figure)
1. Gillett - soldiered on despite obvious injury and still better than most

I didn't expect much more tonight. Gould rabbling on about the Broncos not offering anything in attack ... true ... but what do you expect with a virtual reserve grade backline with an average age of below 20.

My concern is Norman ... virtually unsighted in attack last night. Lockyer and Wallace are great organisers, but we don't have the X-Factor at the moment ... that players that brings in the unexpected ... Hodges and Yow Yeh are those type of players. And I thought Norman could fill that roll, but not to be.

beads6

First Grade
Gillett was put on the wing because he was struggling with his injury. You blokes love Sims don't you, he did nothing particularly in defence. Why do you think he was off the field for so long? Because Henjak wasn't impressed. I wouldn't have Rivett ahead of Hoffman anyway but I thought Rivett was okay.

Sims made good metres and made an impact unlike your lover boy Dodds. Sims was kept off the field for so long because Henjak has no clue. It was no surprise to me that the Broncos were at there best when Sims was on the field.:crazy:

lockyno1

Post Whore
What has Tim Smith done this season? He's yet to play a game in the NRL which automatically makes him the inferior player.

Creative halfbacks are better than defensive halfbacks. I am betting Smith will set up more tries this season than Wallace will.

screeder

Juniors
Now that Smith is playing first grade at the sharks it will be interesting to compare him with Wallace. I couldn't stand Smith last time he played in the NRL he was totally overated. I've always liked Wallace and in form he'll attack better than Smith and in defence there'll be no comparison. Smiths strength is probably his attacking kicking game and i'd back Wallace to out-point him there too over the course of the season.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
3. Thaiday - really stepped up toight
2. Teo - was busier at centre than when he plays second row (go figure)
1. Gillett - soldiered on despite obvious injury and still better than most

I didn't expect much more tonight. Gould rabbling on about the Broncos not offering anything in attack ... true ... but what do you expect with a virtual reserve grade backline with an average age of below 20.

My concern is Norman ... virtually unsighted in attack last night. Lockyer and Wallace are great organisers, but we don't have the X-Factor at the moment ... that players that brings in the unexpected ... Hodges and Yow Yeh are those type of players. And I thought Norman could fill that roll, but not to be.

I agree with the players getting points but not the value themselves...

4. Thaiday
1. Teo
1. Gillett

You mention our attack and reserve grade backline. However, I think our attack has got bigger problems then just the backline. Two of the most important aspects of attack these days are quick play the ball and 2nd phase play. The Broncos have neither. Our forwards simply don't have the skill level. Gillett is our best, Teo a bit and Setu can but doesn't anymore. Our front row forwards (Kenny, Anderson, Sims) have absolutely no skill.

In defense we don't dominate the tackles enough giving away quick play the balls.

Setu has some brain explosions but unfortunately he looks one of the most dangerous in our attack and think he needs to be in the team. If we are going to lose I'd prefer to give the young guys some experience, put Dodds back in over Sims.

I wonder how much Norman is affected with his leg heavily strapped...

I agree with Lockno1 in that I think Smith should have at least been given a chance of the bench to see what he can do.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Now that Smith is playing first grade at the sharks it will be interesting to compare him with Wallace. I couldn't stand Smith last time he played in the NRL he was totally overated. I've always liked Wallace and in form he'll attack better than Smith and in defence there'll be no comparison. Smiths strength is probably his attacking kicking game and i'd back Wallace to out-point him there too over the course of the season.

We will see. Will be embarrassing for Brisbane if Smith turns out to be the player to beat Brisbane in Round 6.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Good news out of the game is that we appear to be relatively injury free and Lockyer and Wallace will be around come origin time.