What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs. Roosters Discussion + Voting

Buck

Juniors
I would say so I sure be finished in the office by about 3ish, then straight to a pub somewhere for a few warm up ales.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Bott was good at tackling peopl without the ball http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-_OTGRYE9k :lol:

he was fast but never got involved in anything and the fact he went nowhere at any other club confirms his crapness.

i'll be at the game and hoping for an 80 minute effort. i can take losing as long as theres effort

Big Pete

Referee
I'm beginning to regret watching the Broncos...always leaves me feeling filthy and in need of a punching bag.

3. Andrew McCullough - Purely for his second stint.
2. Sam Thaiday - His involvement was high.
1. Darren Lockyer - His kicking game towards the end was highly impressive.

DeeJ

Bench
I think the defence and effort was alot better than last week, despite letting in 4 tries. Just made a few too many handling errors especially at the start of the match which let the Roosters get away. Hopefully Sims performance today means he will be included in the squad every week, we don't have another forward that can provide the impact he does. Mitch Rivett made a solid debut on the wing, which is hand since we are out of backs.

Ghoulies

Bench
I'll disagree about Rivett. I thought he looked out of his depth for the most part and tbh I'd be surprised to see him back next week.

3. Thaiday - he made a few near breaks in the 1st half.
2. McCullough - scored a try? That's enough for 2 points.
1. Lockyer - same reasoning as Pete's.

beads6

First Grade
I think it is time for me to lower my expectations of the Broncos this season. At least until we get some cattle back. I want to see the boys play as a team though and really aim up in defence. We are desperate for a centre at the moment Lockyer has nobody to pass to. Norman needs to do more in attack IMO look at all the fullbacks in the game they make metres score tries. Sims should have been in the team all year but obviously Henjak has no time for him.

Big Pete

Referee
The make up of next week's team should be left for another topic but commenting on tonight's performance I thought Sims set the bar nice and early.

Te'o and Gillett are both arguably unlucky to miss out on points tonight. Te'o came up with some good reads in d as well as a few good runs while Gillett came up with some good plays. The reasoning behind both was that our right hand side was a major area of concern for me and that Gillett was obviously struggling which lead to some poor choices in defence and some sluggish runs off the ball that hampered those around him.

Really though...this performance does nothing but piss me off. Fair enough we get beaten if the other team plays well, but this is three times from three weaks the opposition have struggled and we've failed to take full advantage.

user_nat

Coach
Well, as I was saying in the other thread, I think we would have won that at full strength. We just didn't have anyone to score tries.

I find it interesting that we pretty much didn't go to Winterstein at all, even though usually I get mad because we go to him when there are better options.

40 missed tackles is just inexcusable. The U20s probably miss less. Freakin Wallace, Lockyer and Glenn missed 5 each.

3. McCullough. Scored a try. Heads and shoulders above most in defense even though he wasn't on for a lot of minutes.
2. Thaiday. Did he play the full 80? Seemed to be out there for awhile. Was good.
1. Lockyer. Even though he missed 5 tackles, that wasn't his worse defensive effort. He looked to be playing good, just had no real options.

Honourable mentions:
The Roosters for also playing fairly average and not really delivering a knockout.

Really though...this performance does nothing but piss me off. Fair enough we get beaten if the other team plays well, but this is three times from three weaks the opposition have struggled and we've failed to take full advantage.

Completely agree. Most teams would be 4/4 with the teams we started this season with. Next week is the first team we play who finished in the 8 last year.

As I mentioned at the start of this post, injuries are killing us.

Last edited:

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Well, as I was saying in the other thread, I think we would have won that at full strength. We just didn't have anyone to score tries.

I find it interesting that we pretty much didn't go to Winterstein at all, even though usually I get mad because we go to him when there are better options.

40 missed tackles is just inexcusable. The U20s probably miss less. Freakin Wallace, Lockyer and Glenn missed 5 each.

3. McCullough. Scored a try. Heads and shoulders above most in defense even though he wasn't on for a lot of minutes.
2. Thaiday. Did he play the full 80? Seemed to be out there for awhile. Was good.
1. Lockyer. Even though he missed 5 tackles, that wasn't his worse defensive effort. He looked to be playing good, just had no real options.

Honourable mentions:
The Roosters for also playing fairly average and not really delivering a knockout.

Completely agree. Most teams would be 4/4 with the teams we started this season with. Next week is the first team we play who finished in the 8 last year.

As I mentioned at the start of this post, injuries are killing us.

Not if they had the same injuries as us. It sounds like a poor excuse but it's true.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
I'll disagree about Rivett. I thought he looked out of his depth for the most part and tbh I'd be surprised to see him back next week.

3. Thaiday - he made a few near breaks in the 1st half.
2. McCullough - scored a try? That's enough for 2 points.
1. Lockyer - same reasoning as Pete's.

What did Rivett do wrong besides touch one grubber?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Congrats to Wallace on a great game again..haha

Tim Smith>>>>>>>>>>Wallace and by a fair margin this year. Wallace is a 5/8th not a halfback.

Big Pete

Referee
What has Tim Smith done this season? He's yet to play a game in the NRL which automatically makes him the inferior player.

user_nat

Coach
Apparently being semi decent at QCUP level is better then being semi decent at an NRL level.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
And that poor tackle attempt on Graham. And give away that stupid penalty.

MIni dropped that cold. Just milked it. Are you talking about the tackle attempt which didn't lead to a try? Rivett's defence was a lot better than some i.e Lockyer, Sims, Setu etc.

Anyone of you blokes tell me if Dodds was dropped or injured? How could you drop him for Sims? Pllllleeeeasssse!

bron_cos

Juniors
sims was good tonight to bad Ivan didn't give him more game time take him off in the 15th min for setu and not back on till the 60th(good move ivan) and what was the go with Beale on for Kenny. also for about 25 - 30mins playing Matt on the wing someone needs to look at themselves for the answers and Ivan needs to work hard on attack and defense if we are to win another game this year.

teo 3
thaiday 2
sims 1