What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs the eels

Iamback

Coach
I expected things to look sloppy and for the timing to be off but he's doing nothing but running himself. I'd rather lose trying things

How much of that is game plan though?

look at the last tackle plays, always the same kicks which never look to trouble them.

Never offload either, Edwards is always there yet never an offload

Complete your sets and defend would be the plan and the halves are following it

Chins get the wins

First Grade
How much of that is game plan though?

look at the last tackle plays, always the same kicks which never look to trouble them.

Never offload either, Edwards is always there yet never an offload

Complete your sets and defend would be the plan and the halves are following it
That's fair Ivan is being too conservative imo.
Having thought about it I think Martin on the left is the go. He has mistakes in his game but he can offload and while he can pull off a big hit he's actually not the best defender. Hosking looks the better defender and you should normally play your best defensive backrower on the right. Also that line he ran for his try of Nathan was pretty sexy.

Bench also needs a reshuffle, need a big bopper who can run out wide.

Iamback

Coach
That's fair Ivan is being too conservative imo.
Having thought about it I think Martin on the left is the go. He has mistakes in his game but he can offload and while he can pull off a big hit he's actually not the best defender. Hosking looks the better defender and you should normally play your best defensive backrower on the right. Also that line he ran for his try of Nathan was pretty sexy.

Bench also needs a reshuffle, need a big bopper who can run out wide.

Crichton needs to get the ball though so not sure Hoskings can fix that. I'd having him off the bench for Salmon as he'd have the Sorensen affect

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Crichton needs to get the ball though so not sure Hoskings can fix that. I'd having him off the bench for Salmon as he'd have the Sorensen affect
So is this your bench?
Luke
Spencer
Hosking
Sorro

I guess Garner covers centre, Critter covers wing and fullback.

Kilkenny

Coach
Twelve tackles in there twenty made things were difficult.

There completion rate was outstanding, it difficult to attack too much when your last two plays on each set are when you just rucked it out and getting back to half way.

Cracking game, there was nothing in it really, we just didn’t have enough ball in good field position to create any sort of attack or build pressure. The one repeat set we got they got the ball back from the shirt drop out.

Disappointed with the loss, but I wasn’t disappointed with effort or overall performance.

Disappointed with the fact we lost all three, NRL, NSW Cup and Flegg to our arch enemy.

Original Name

Juniors
Havent heard about any injury to Garner so seems like he got the hook last night. Hoskings played the entire game, ran good lines and made 54 tackles and missed none, you'd have to pick him over Garner after that.
Unless any of the three has a prefence which edge to play.

Iamback

Coach
Twelve tackles in there twenty made things were difficult.

There completion rate was outstanding, it difficult to attack too much when your last two plays on each set are when you just rucked it out and getting back to half way.

Cracking game, there was nothing in it really, we just didn’t have enough ball in good field position to create any sort of attack or build pressure. The one repeat set we got they got the ball back from the shirt drop out.

Disappointed with the loss, but I wasn’t disappointed with effort or overall performance.

Disappointed with the fact we lost all three, NRL, NSW Cup and Flegg to our arch enemy.

Your last paragraph sums it up, Just need to improve across the year.

Too much change over across the board and the lower grades are very young compared to the rest of the comp, It will take time

Ball will go back to Back, So still have some talent coming through

Kilkenny

Coach
The difference and contrasting game style, the Eels two front rowers 42 carry’s of the football as compared to 13 carry’s by JFH and Leota. We admire the work our outside backs do, rightly so, but it is a significant difference, make of it what you will I guess. Moses didn’t exactly do us any favours with his brain dead late tackle on Mitchell Moses which proved costly in the end.

Credit where credit is due RCG and Paulo were outstanding.

Latest posts