What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 (2009) RABBITOHS v PANTHERS

Dave Q

Coach
What do you need help with, I'll do my best.

Mad or is it God, I need your help with convincing the ref that Robster has a reasonable excuse for not posting.

Nobody I have posted with seems to know anything about his uncharacteristic no-show and truth be told, some of us are fearing the worse for him or someone close to him.

On that basis, in these dark and unusual circumstances I propose either a rematch during a bye or the allowance of a substitute.

The marks arent in yet, its not too late for some emergency rule to be evoked in the name of the F7's.

What say you Madunit?!

Do you have the heart made of gold or of tinea?

At least the ref should wait until the Official Rabbitoh F7 Management Team (ORF7MT) have confirmed something. If its bludge, by all means whip us on the backsides with the strap to the sound of "Love me Tender"

But if its serious, kind hearts and cool heads must prevail.

That be God's wish Im sure.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
After a performance by Robster for the kiwis on the year before last, he dogged you and the team probably because of some half-arsed pissweak and completely unbelievable reason that no one accepts.

Now unfortunately I have a heart of concrete and I don't see a rematch or extra article being allowed.

Titan Uranus

Juniors
Hello, Lord here. My assisstant Mad has told me of your plight. I say thou shalt allow the game to be decided on average scores per person.

Unfortunately people have a habit of not doing as I tell them so don't hold your breath.

Dave Q

Coach
Thank you o master Titan.

Its the not knowing bit that is killing us over at Rabbitoh f7 HQ.

ORF7MT appear to be in lockdown mode as well.

Our f7 side sludged back to the village and no-one is there.

Maybe today was a dream and I will wake up and everybody's got their articles in!

:?

Oh dear, Ive just checked that the ref is Willow, in that case, my happy dream has turned into a nightmare.

Has anybody tried to convince Willow of anything?

Sometimes I think it would be easier to get the entire UN to reach an agreement!!

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Players and fellow F7s supporters,

I'm refereeing this match and will start marking late tonight. The scores and final result should be in by sometime tommorrow (Saturday). I'm sure there are some great reads and I'm looking forward to it.

Please note that I will only be marking those posts with F7s articles on page one of this match thread, and not the posts that look like F7s articles on page two. ;-)

But on a slightly more serious note, captains please be advised that I have referred back to the F7s rule book (Code of Conduct) regarding this post:

After a performance by Robster for the kiwis on the year before last, he dogged you and the team probably because of some half-arsed pissweak and completely unbelievable reason that no one accepts.

Now unfortunately I have a heart of concrete and I don't see a rematch or extra article being allowed.
I will be taking madunit's comments into account when issuing the final marks.

Good luck to both teams.

Dave Q

Coach
For the viewers at home:-

[SIZE=+1]Code of Conduct[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Sportsmanship & Disruption to the competition[/SIZE]
This is perhaps the most important section of the rules and all forummers are asked to read this section carefully.
[SIZE=-1]In basic terms, participants are asked not to bring any discussion into the Forum Sevens which may disrupt the Forum Sevens.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]The Forum Sevens promotes 'cross-fan' participation and sportsmanship. That is, to encourage fans from opposing bases of opinion to join forces and leave their differences at the door. This has gone a long way to ensuring the success of the Forum Sevens at Leagueunlimited.[/SIZE]

Management takes a dim view of any participant or non-participant who shows a lack of sportsmanship. The same applies to anyone who through actions or words, damages the reputation of the Forum Sevens.
This especially applies to post-match comments and it also applies to questioning the referee decisions in the open forum.

It is imperative that players leave all arguments at the door. Any disputes between members is not to be carried into the Forum Sevens competition.

Penalties for anti-sporting behaviour can range from points being deducted to match suspensions; and possible expulsion from the competition and the forums.
Should there be excessive disruption from a participant or non-participant, anyone from F7s management may request the assistance of a site administrator.

Homework:-(759.4 words due 12.06.09)

Has the Mad one breached one or more of these provisions?

If so, what penalty do you feel would be appropriate? If not, why not?

Discuss with reference to the role of F7s in modern society.

Late assignments will not be marked.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unit...relax
I've sent a PM to Willow regarding my sentiments.

I've explained myself, it's up to him.

btw - Dave - the term sportsmanship is key, which is worse sportsmanship - not turning up to play (or even at least acknowledge that they couldn't play, so that their team could organise a replacement), or someone who did play (and has played every week for 3 straight seasons now) being critical of said player. Rob isn't the only player in this boat, I'd like to state very clearly.

I'm very passionate about this game, not winning so much, just the game itself. It angers me greatly when people show no consideration for the rest of their team and the competition. To be the first player to be penalised for this, when other breaches have been made in the past of a more serious nature has disappointed me greatly, but thats the way the cookie crumbles.

And with that said, I'm over it.

Dave Q

Coach
I hope that you escape any penalty Mad.

Ive let my team down in the past.

Rob might have a good excuse, we dont know.

Lets start from giving him the benefit of the doubt and kindness.

Last edited:

Dave Q

Coach
Stop the adjudication!

Rob has reported in on Souths F7.

1. Bad internet problems
2. Terrible personal issues to resolve.

Will the ref allow him some extra time?

Big Mick

Referee
Dave...i'd like to say yes...but I myself has had my friend die of a tumour of the heart 2 weeks ago which prevented me from posting and my nan having a massive fall and rushing to hospital 2 weeks prior in which I missed posting...and I never asked for extra time...it's just the nature of the game.

Real life comes before Forum 7's...it isn't the be all and end all by any means...and I wish Rob well and hope he is ok and recover's soon.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
whistle_1.gif

PANTHERS

Madunit
Marketing
722 words
Nice twist throughout. An against-the-grain and tongue-on-cheek view on NRL marketing.
Score: 88 - penalty 2 = TOTAL 86*

broncoman
Brad Clyde – The Trend Setter
748 words
A honest piece. Perhaps could have done with more of Clyde's playing achievements, in addition that hefty dose of unbridled praise. A couple of minor spelling/punctuation errors and ran a little dry on substance.
Score: 78

LeagueNut
Much Ado About Nothing
748 words
A good fun read. Come back to me when it's a grand final, 38-0, and you're on the losing side. ;-)
Score: 91

Azkatro
Rugby league on the brain
747 words
The Where's Wally of word play. I'm sure it'll keep me entertained for many hours on long trips. Clever.
Score: 88

The Piper
KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID
747 words
An article on how over engineering the rules can spoil the game. I think many of us hark back to simpler times.
Score: 87

Vs

RABBITOHS

Marshall_magic
Actuarial Points System
727 words
Funny stuff. Sounds better than some of the F7s scoring systems that have been proposed. A mathematical chance with this score.

Bumble
The Tribe Has Spoken
740 words
Lampooning to express one's view on team selections. I agree, give 'em another go.

miccle
Passion is a two-way street
738 words
A Queenslander giving a wrap to NSW's passion? Perhaps a first for the F7s and nicely written.
Score: 89

Dave Q
800 Years of Rugby League
748 words
I like a good medieval fantasy. If I was a fully fledged geek, I might give it a perfect score... perhaps next year.
Score: 92**

RESULT: PANTHERS (5) 430 defeat RABBITOHS (4) 357
POTM: Dave Q (Rabbitohs)

See F7s Management forum thread: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=325653

Last edited:

Dave Q

Coach
Thanks Willow, congratulations Panthers and commiserations to the red and green.

I was very pleased to get the POTM because of all the F7 articles I have written, this one was the hardest and took the longest to write.

Big Mick

Referee
Well done Pennies and Rabbit's...great win lads...puts us back in contention.

Well done Dave on a great article!

Thanks to Willow for refereeing