What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Dragons: Saturday 9th April 5:30pm @Accor Stadium

handyman2190

Bench
tissue-box-L-5.jpg

It's "you're"
f**k yourself dog

Deary me @soc123_au show some manners:

I get Socked down, but I get up again
Ugg is never going to put Souths down
I get Socked down but I get up again
Sockys posts just make them frown!

Smugging the night away
Smugging the night away…

He drinks a Nathan drink, he drinks a Ivan drink
He drinks a Edwards drink, then a kikau drink
He writes the posts that remind him of the Burto times, he writes the posts that remind him of the Gus times
(Oh chinny boy, tic tok toy, eating soy)

No smuglet is going to put me down
I get Socked down but I getup again
Smuggies whinge after wins like clowns!

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
Deary me @soc123_au show some manners:

I get Socked down, but I get up again
Ugg is never going to put Souths down
Sockys posts just make them frown!

He drinks a Nathan drink, he drinks a Ivan drink
He drinks a Edwards drink, then a kikau drink
He sings the songs that remind him of the Burto times, he sings the songs that remind him of the Barrett times
(Oh chinny boy, tic tok toy, eating soy)

No smug is going to put me down
I get Socked down but I getup again
Because a lot of smug are hate filled clowns!
I replied to your question. Old mate starts frothing at the mouth because I'm a Penrith supporter. Play the post, not the poster. Tell me which part of my post answering your question is in any way rude or disrespectful. He took it to the personal attack stage to which I responded in kind.

The sad part is that you posed a good question that deserved a thoughtful answer. I tried to provide one, yet here we are. Also as much as I enjoy your song writing, I'll admit I'm a touch disappointed in your response here. I've always defended your right to post in whatever sub forum you want to and called out the mouth breathers for giving it to you when you are posting on topic and talking footy.

I replied to your question. Old mate starts frothing at the mouth because I'm a Penrith supporter. Play the post, not the poster. Tell me which part of my post answering your question is in any way rude or disrespectful. He took it to the personal attack stage to which I responded in kind.

The sad part is that you posed a good question that deserved a thoughtful answer. I tried to provide one, yet here we are. Also as much as I enjoy your song writing, I'll admit I'm a touch disappointed in your response here. I've always defended your right to post in whatever sub forum you want to and called out the mouth breathers for giving it to you when you are posting on topic and talking footy.

I appreciated your response.

And then spent time trying to give you a laugh.

So all the good intent.

soc123_au

Staff member
@handyman2190 has been very welcoming to me, I have appreciated that.

And best of all @southsport is ok and I love his outlook. I do think about it in the “real world”.

No matter how bad things get, enjoy the life he says, and he’s right!!
There is some awesome Souths supporters on these forums. I just get annoyed when the minority of any teams supporters (including my team) go on the attack based on an avatar. If @handyman2190 doesn't agree with my assessment of Latrell I've got no issue at all. But either offer an opposing point of view or ignore it. Even if he thinks I'm a f**kwit, no problem, but base it on my opinion, not the team I support.

callmack1

Staff member
This game doesn't involve the Panthers so we can cut the crap thanks guys.

I didn't have a problem with Socs original post. I didn't agree with it but it was his opinion and it was pretty civil.

No need for the carry on, thanks.

callmack1

Staff member
Well here we are and here we go!!! This is the first time we've played on a Saturday so it feels like it's been a longer week but game day is finally here! I know every game is important but given how this year has panned out so far over the opening four Rounds, tonight carries extra significance for us. It's a huge night really as we take on the Dragons in what's going to be a desperate affair. Must win, there's no doubt about that. No two ways about it, we simply have to get the result tonight or we start to get into some real trouble. I don't care how we win, just find a way.

I don't think tonight is going to be as easy as some predict. The Dragons are on of our great rivals so it's a game both sides tend to lift for. While it may not have the hatred, it's a traditional rivalry with a lot of history, stretching back over 100 years now in fact. In regards to St George Illawarra's actual form, it's hard to know what to make of them in 2022. They started the year with a bang but have kind of fallen over lately and I think that's a bit dangerous for us tonight. They're going to be desperate to turn things around and I have no doubt they're going to turn up ready to play. Beware of the wounded Dragon, they'll be fired up and really switched on in this one. On their day, I do think they're a pretty good side. They proved that in the Charity Shield. Got some real strike in their side with a big forward pack containing the likes of Molo, Lawrie, Bird, Sims and De Belin; A smart hooker in Andrew McCullough and then a strike backline with guys like Sloan, Ravalawa, Lomax and Suli so we need to be on our toes. The forward battle is key. Win there, and I'm confident we can win in the outside backs.

So they're going to be desperate but we have the same, if not more reason to be desperate too. As I said, the boys will know how important this game is and I want to see a really fired up and focused performance tonight. The main focus should be ball control. We cannot complete the way we have been and expect to win, it just ain't gonna happen so we need to be up around that 80% mark tonight, if not more. Defence needs to be better too and our attack will come off the back of that. If we come out with the focus and intensity we showed against the Roosters, I'm confident we'll be very hard to beat, it's just a matter of turning up in that mindset.

So a very, very important game day for us. It can't be understated. I encourage everyone that can to get out there and cheer the boys to victory in just our second home game of the year. Fire up and get behind the boys!! Game day letssgooo!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well here we are again gameday is upon us once more. I will be out there in full voice but I need help. I really like these Saturday 5:30pm home games I think it’s a good time for families as well. Really hoping for a good crowd this arvo and hoping some that go to the Easter Show then come to our game. There is still some rain around but not as much as last few days. It is just our second home game of the year as well so I encourage those who are tossing up whether to go or not to get out there let’s pack the stands in red and green and urge the boys home.

For me this match is always one I look forward to against a traditional rival in the Dragons. I know of lots of people and have some friends and workmates that go for the Dragons so I wanna be on the right side of bragging rights if we lose I’ll cop it for a week. It certainly won’t be easy the Dragons got spanked last week and I’m expecting them to bounce back and be very hungry. They have some threats out wide in Lomax, Suli and Ravalawa who can create opportunities for points and of course Ben Hunt is their master we can’t give him time and space then they have a solid forward pack as well and no doubt Su’a will be hungry for a big one today. So yeah I also expect the Dragons to play jungle ball and that can be dangerous CMON SOUTHS WRAP THEM UP DONT LET THEM OFFLOAD FORCE THEM INTO ERROR! They’ll also have their Dragon Army making plenty of noise in the corner so we need to make sure we drown them out and get that South Sydney chant up and going.

For us well the 3 games we have lost this year we have completed at around 60percent. So the focus has to be to each individual to hold onto the ball and not make silly errors. We can’t overthink it though. But we all know once we hold the ball what we can do. Certainly I’m looking forward to a big game from our forwards. We must win this battle to help our spine do their thing. Cody needs a big game today that’s for sure. I’m looking forward to seeing some of young Mkale off the bench as well and the return of Taaffe. We also have to make sure we do not give any silly penalties away and that our kicking game is on. Our last tackle options we must get better at. I see today as a game we simply can’t lose our draw is easing up now and we need to ki our season today we can’t go 1 and 4 we simply can not. I always said 2 wins from our first 5 was a pass mark.

Ok Rabbitohs Members and supporters as we look down the tunnel here at Accor Stadium we can see the away team the boys in the red V making their way down the tunnel. Rabbitohs Members and Rabbitohs Supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the St George Illawarra Dragons.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.............

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME TO GET ON YOUR FFFEEETTTTTTT............ SHOW THE COLOURS CLAP YOUR HANDS STAMP YOUR FEET SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT HERE THEY COME YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RRAABBBIIITTOOOHHHSSS!!

LETS ALL GET RIGHT BEHIND THE BOYS FOR THE FULL 80MINS LETS GO RABBITOHS!!

Also I believe there is gonna be a guard of honour when the boys run out from some of our Rabbitohs life members so that’ll hopefully pump up the boys even more.

Lets make sure we let Cummins know this is a South Sydney home game lets all get into him and try and get the boys that extra penalty or six again! Lets come home with no voice lets get the boys home!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
It's like taking 5 steps backwards so that you can take ten steps forward, we have glaring problem at left centre that only Latrell can fill until someone else comes along and personally I think Taaffe does a good job back there, not perfect but good and overall I think the team would be better for it........I know that this is not a popular idea with most supporters though.
On this we will have to respectfully agree to disagree.
Latrell needs to get his hands on the ball as much as possible, and IMHO being limited to one side limits his touches and involvement.
There is 3 options I'd rather try, Taafe, Karapani, Kalo Kalo.
That's what I see this season is for

southsport

First Grade
On this we will have to respectfully agree to disagree.
Latrell needs to get his hands on the ball as much as possible, and IMHO being limited to one side limits his touches and involvement.
There is 3 options I'd rather try, Taafe, Karapani, Kalo Kalo.
That's what I see this season is for
I know that Mitchell to left centre is not popular with many but I don't see the others that you've mentioned as realistic options at this stage, Karapani won't be available for NRL until June, it's interesting to note though that Tass is 19th man this week and first reserve for the backline.

If we don't find a regular position for Taaffe it won't surprise me if he asks for a release come seasons end, he's to good a player to be used off the bench and I think other clubs are already circling.

Well @soc123_au bunnies did merge Lats into the cap and he turned down the $1.1m offered by the Tigers ( which I’m glad about) for a couple of years at just above factory.

So whatever he is, he’s not addicted to coin.

That’s my honest view.

That and that he should be playing in the centres and/or shifted about as you suggest.

Latest posts