What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Dragons: Saturday 9th April 5:30pm @Accor Stadium

Morehead St

Juniors
Demetriou committed the unforguivable for a coach in the modern era: he was shown on TV swearing at Mansour after the winger was forced over the sideline. A smart coach will know the camera is always on him. To allow yourself to be filmed when 'berating' a player is not on. It is beyond dumb. If that is an indication of his manner, he may lose the respect of his squad. No doubt cameras will be sweating on the new coach to repeat such mistakes again...and again.

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Demetriou committed the unforguivable for a coach in the modern era: he was shown on TV swearing at Mansour after the winger was forced over the sideline. A smart coach will know the camera is always on him. To allow yourself to be filmed when 'berating' a player is not on. It is beyond dumb. If that is an indication of his manner, he may lose the respect of his squad. No doubt cameras will be sweating on the new coach to repeat such mistakes again...and again.

Runrabbit14

Juniors
How do you make it to first grade and not know the rules ?
We gave them the ball back from the last kick off which was going dead and gifted them 6 points.
Plenty of work to be done !
Good to see Cookie running and Ilias getting more confident every week.

Nafedogg

Juniors

What? Obviously don’t watch the Storm when Bellamy is blowing up lol, what a dumb comment.

Rabbits20

Immortal

A win is a win everyone we said no matter how ugly it was we had to win and we did. Losing Trell early was a massive blow and it impacted our attack. Cody was very ordinary I was very disappointed in him.

Ta’affe was very solid at the back, AJ good on kick returns, Campbell got through loads of work and is playing injured you can see it, Milne kept Lomax quiet good job, Sauce made some good tackles and loads of energy in the shit work stakes.

Ilias was very good our dominant playmaker really stood up apart from not finding touch and a couple of handling errors. His ball playing at the line is better than Reyno but his kicking game not too threatening nowhere near like Reyno was but he’s still learning. What I like from Lachy is his grubbers into the in goal building pressure.

Cookie was great very good and fired up from the start. Tom better but a stupid error, Junior solid. Keaon had a wow of a game whilst Arrow got through lots of work. Murray brilliant as usual.

Host very good off the bench. Moale has a massive future whilst Knight was good but had a poor error.

We completed at 90percent first half that’s a positive. Second half about 50percent completions so not good enough must improve.

Anyhow a win is a win. GLORY GLORY ALTOGETHER NOW!!!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
He should be berating himself for putting Mansewer in the side because he has easily been the worst player on the field.
Thank God, we were still able to overcome that, but a team with a good backline would have torched us on that side

Rabbit57

Juniors
On this we will have to respectfully agree to disagree.
Latrell needs to get his hands on the ball as much as possible, and IMHO being limited to one side limits his touches and involvement.
There is 3 options I'd rather try, Taafe, Karapani, Kalo Kalo.
That's what I see this season is for
The major factors limiting Latrell’s touches are his motor and how he plays fullback. There are plenty of opportunities to trail the middle while he is watching having a breather. I really think that centre suits him and being in the line lets him drift into the middle when the opportunity presents itself.

Rabbit57

Juniors
On this we will have to respectfully agree to disagree.
Latrell needs to get his hands on the ball as much as possible, and IMHO being limited to one side limits his touches and involvement.
There is 3 options I'd rather try, Taafe, Karapani, Kalo Kalo.
That's what I see this season is for
The major factors limiting Latrell’s touches are his motor (does anyone think he is as fit as the elite fullbacks?) and how he plays fullback. There are plenty of opportunities to trail the middle while he is watching having a breather. I really think that centre suits him and being in the line lets him drift into the middle when the opportunity presents its

callmack1

Staff member
Oh man what a relief to get the result!!! God, it feels good as I really felt the pressure for the boys this week. We simply had to walk away with the two points and we did that!!

It was an ugly win, there's no doubt about that. Not our best performance and a bit of a bludger of a game. We didn't really look like we got out of second gear all night and I thought some of the energy and effort with the ball at times was poor. So we were flat for sure. As disappointing as that was, we still dominated the game and the result was never really in doubt. The boys found a way to win and that's all that matters! A win's a win.

Apart from a handful of really slick plays, a couple of which we scored off, the attack did look pretty clunky again. Was slow and lacked direction. The injury to Latrell of course wouldn't have helped, that hurt our attack big time. was good to see us complete at 90% in the first half, that's where we want to be but we really dropped the ball, pardon the pun, with our completions in the second half which was disappointing. certainly fell back into our old habits there and that's a big reason why we didn't win by more.

Defence was pretty solid. There were those two lapses, yes. The one right on full time especially really annoyed me. However, for the most part, I thought our defensive resolve was good. Not super great, could still be better, but good.

There's been some talk on other forums about how bad we were and how we're stuffed and how we won't make the eight etc. But I think they need to pull their heads in. While I admit tonight wasn't flash, you do have to remember we've now had three very big, emotional games in a row against the Storm, Roosters and Panthers so there's bound to be a bit of a hangover from that. You can't be up in terms of intensity every single week. What's more, it's important to note we challenged in all those games and made a real contest of it which indicates the quality of our side. It was our errors which held us back. Also, sometimes games like this tonight just happen, for whatever reason it's very ugly and low intensity but you still win. It happens in Footy. You just have to take from it what you can and move on. Despite that, we still showed some really good signs and I still maintain that if we can put it all together, we'll be a force.

Yes, I'm a little disappointed with the performance but we should be celebrating! I am! We got the result, a much needed one! Our second victory of the Season.

A win's a win. Glory, Glory.

This Year?

Immortal
You give my club more respect than it deserves @callmack1.
Enjoy the win.
I hope somehow Mitchell and Taffee can somehow be in the 17. It's unfair that a kid with his talents is being held back.
Personally I'd have Mitchell back at centre and Taffee at fb. Blooding kids is a tricky thing, but as long as he stays at the club it will be a benefit.
I can't talk about Saints without going into a psychotic rage.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You give my club more respect than it deserves @callmack1.
Enjoy the win.
I hope somehow Mitchell and Taffee can somehow be in the 17. It's unfair that a kid with his talents is being held back.
Personally I'd have Mitchell back at centre and Taffee at fb. Blooding kids is a tricky thing, but as long as he stays at the club it will be a benefit.
I can't talk about Saints without going into a psychotic rage.
Had a couple of Dragons fans in our bay we had some good banter they were welcome ahahahahaha.

truthslayer

Juniors
Well it was not pretty. However 2 points is important. Unfortunately the game led to more questions than answers.Some of the players are not showing enough mental
strength poor decisions and stupid errors. The coach needs to address this big time. Cam Murray cannot be off the field for the start of any half. Tatola 89 metres only you were being lazy! Liam Knight will always be hold your breath and hope he does nothing stupid.Tom had a better game, and Kolamatangi lead the metres count.Host did a good job for his time on field. As for mansour he was useless and Jaxson Paulo is a far better winger. Cody Walker not great and is showing to much consistency WITH poor showings. Taafe is to good to be on the bench so what are we going to do about this.He is not a centre. Murray was of course the glue again, and apart from not finding touch Illias continues to grow.Campbell Graham has been incredible and his intensity and passion cannot be denied. David Moale a must to be on any bench, he’s a star. Mitchell must be moved to center or we lose Taafe. Cook was good . MILNE was solid .