What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Storm: Friday 31st March 8pm @Accor Stadium

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Rabbitohs Insider Season Five Round Five: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2023/03/29/rabbitohs-insider-season-five-round-five/

Holy shit what an episode!!! If that doesn't get the blood pumping and make you proud to be South Sydney then I don't know what will. Amazing behind the scenes footage of the night trek. Incredible to watch.

I LOVE THIS CLUB!!
Agree, that was compelling viewing !!

Honouring the past, acknowledging the Juniors and being part of the community - just brilliant.

JD is a leader of men !!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I dont know the exact ideas regarding the club but i think the intention is to train Taafe to be the replacement 5/8th for when Cody hangs up his boots. I feel like some players spending more time in NSW cup is a good thing. The players arent any smaller and look how long it took Cody to kick on in first grade. Taafe's time will come i reckon.

Fullback and 5/8th seem to be very similar positions these days minus the kick returns.

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
How good is it to see Mario back out there?!! That'll give the boys a lift.

Wise words too, "you've got to use your noggin mate, it's all about intelligence."

We've done some really dumb stuff in games this year so I hope the boys heed Mario's words tomorrow night.

callmack1

Staff member
The calm before we take on the Storm. I'm up bright and early, rising and shining as that exciting day we all yearn for each week arrives again. It's game day!! Tonight, we go up against the Melbourne Storm in what is a hugely important clash for our Season.

Everyone knows our history with the Storm. Our record against them is extremely poor. In fact, I think it's the worst record of any club against any other club in the NRL. The Storm have been around for about 25-odd years now, and we've only bet them six times. Yes, only six times!! That is just ridiculous, it really is. I don't know what it is about the purple pricks but we have just really struggled against them historically. It's a mindset thing now and the boys have to break that tonight as we aim to beat them for the second consecutive game for the first time in history. I'm really burning for a win tonight because I'd love to start squaring the ledger with the Storm a bit. It's going to take a long, long time to erase the poor record but tonight is a starting point. I'm sure that'll fire our lads up.

Melbourne have had a tough start to the year that's for sure. Smashed by injury and they've had a very depleted side for the first four Rounds. As a result, they've lost more games than they should have really, it's been quite surprising. They may be slightly down, but certainly not out. This is the Storm we're talking about here and they'll climb themselves out, they'll click and get things going. I have a feeling they may partially click tonight so we're going to be in for one hell of a game and we've got to be on. Munster and Grant are obviously their biggest threats so I'd like to see us really try and limit them but I think this game will be won through the middle and that's what JD has indicated yesterday too. We have an advantage in the forwards so it's up to us to work them over and make them work, particularly Harry Grant, I want to see us go after him. But all this is easier said than done. They're well-drilled and won't beat themselves so we have to be good enough to get on top.

For us, I know this is going to sound very cliche' but I really feel that our focus needs to be mostly on us and our game. Genuinely, I really believe that if we get our game right, stick to our processes, be disciplined with and without the ball, defend well, we are one of the toughest sides to beat in the NRL. I really do believe that. However, the boys haven't been doing that the past couple of weeks and that's what's been hurting us. We've been giving the opposition opportunities and throwing away ours. So that's the key tonight, to really tidy up our game and be clinical. Minimise the errors, focus, no silly leg-up penalties and we will put ourselves in a good position to win. The Storm might have a depleted side, but we still do as well, however, Hame returning is a huge inclusion! I want a big game out of Trell tonight. Cody did it last week, stepped up and hopefully played himself back into form, now it's Latrell's turn. He needs to deliver.

So, are Storm clouds on the horizon or is it clear skies ahead for our Bunnies. Only our boys can decide. I really feel that we can win this but I'm always nervous against the Storm. Big game in the context of our Season and we've really got to get the job done to set ourselves up nicely.

Game day! Let's goooooooo!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well here we are Game Day is upon us once more Friday Night Footy and it’s a blockbuster at home back at Accor against the Storm. Looking forward to a solid crowd out there tonight. The Storm are 2 and 2 like us so tonight is a big game one team will be 3 and 2 and the other 2 and 3. Our record against the Storm as we know is the worst out of any team in the NRL. We have never beat them in Melbourne but we have beaten them at Accor and we can do it again. We need to go in with a battle hardened and positive mindset and we will be ok. I’m sick of us saying oh geez the Storm hoodoo they’ve got the wood over us we need to start changing it and it begins tonight.

Looking at the Storm they have had injuries like us. They are missing the likes of Pap, NAS and Hughes tonight etc….. but we can’t take them lightly they still have a solid forward pack and Munster and Grant are the massive danger men we need to shut them down as best as we can. They also have pace in the backs and can be lethal out wide. Bellamy will have them up for tonight with a siege mentality so we need to be aware all over the park of not clocking off. For us we get Hame back and I’m hoping he gets through the game ok. Our completion rate we always seem to talk about it hit if we can get it up to 80percent we will be well in the game. Make silly errors and the Storm make you pay. I’d like to see our last tackle options improve as well, plus stopping the offloads and not giving away cheap penalties in defence. Trell normally plays well against the Storm so looking for a big game from him tonight. We need our middles to set the platform as well and fight hard for every metre. We are still down on guys like Junior, Arrow, Havili and Shaq but we still have enough I feel to get the job done.

Ok not long til the players run out here onto Accor Stadium tonight for this Friday Night blockbuster. Let’s get right behind the good guys the men in the Mighty Red and Green. It is great to see so much Red and Green in the Stands tonight let’s make sure everyone at home watching knows that this is a South Sydney home game!

Ok as we look down the tunnel here at Accor Stadium we can see the boys in the Purple and White making their way down the tunnel…… Rabbitohs Members and Supporters please give a warm welcome onto South Sydney home turf the Melbourne Storm…………

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1………………

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME TO GET ON YOUR FFFEEETTTTTTTT SHOW THE COLOURS CLAP YOUR HANDS STAMP YOUR FEET SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT MAKE PLENTY OF NOISE FOR YOUR BOYS HERE THEY COME ONTO HOME TURF YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RRRAAABBBBIIITTTOOOHHHSSSSSS!!!

LETS GO RRAAABBBIITTOOHHHSSS!!!!!

BBBOOOOOOOOOO GET EM ONSIDE TODD

SECOND EFFORT TODD LEG PULL BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHERE IS OUR SIX AGAIN

GET OFF HIM HOW LONG CAN THEY LAY ON FOR BBBOOOOOOOOOOOO

HIGH TACKLE BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I WANNA HEAR PLENTY OF THAT TONIGHT AS JD SAID ON BUNNIES TV LAST NIGHT WE NEED THE MEMBERS AND FANS TO MAKE PLENTY OF NOISE LETS TURN ACCOR INTO A FORTRESS!!!

Steenson123

Juniors
After being 1-2 in 3 consecutive raod playoff games in 13 days every Home game counts double. Melbourne, like Manly before is a MUST win game. Side must minimise turnovers and have a far sharper kicking game in the opponent's red zone. Melbourne are not the powerhouse unbeatables they once were, nor are Penrith. The players need to play desperate, we have easily the hardest Schedule in the first 10 weeks. Easily.
Whilst the defense has been meritorious, the offense has been timid to date. I'm sure Demetriou and Hornby have been working hard on it and it will likely become more explosive sooner rather than later.

callmack1

Staff member
Here we go, it's time for battle. A battle we've lost against them many times but tonight is a new story. Let's write a good one.

We can friggin do this boys!! We can get two in a row against them for the first time.

Stand up, your time is now!!

Lesssgoooooo!!!