What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Storm: Friday 31st March 8pm @Accor Stadium

Thumper

Juniors
Who is our kicking coach?? Between Cody and Lachie we have no attacking kicks, bombs straight to the opposing player.
Kicking? Who’s the attack coach? Illias threw at least 5 passes that hit the deck.
i reckon the whole team threw 15 passes to guys in worse positions or panic passes.
no composure. No toughness. Not a premiership winning side playing like this.

Runrabbit14

Juniors
I
Who is our kicking coach?? Between Cody and Lachie we have no attacking kicks, bombs straight to the opposing player.
It is so hard to watch against a depleted Storm. We just can’t get down and dirty against these seasoned tough teams.

Time for changes in the backline -
Thompson has offered little
Is AJ injured as he is a speed bump at the moment.
Mitchell is doing very little

Nafedogg

Juniors
Yep I seem to always back Latrell when talking to mates etc, I’m kind of done now. That was a pretty disgusting performance, passes off, missed tackles, tired players, errors. Yes Storm lay all over us like usual but where is the passion? Where is the drive?

Thumper

Juniors
Yep I seem to always back Latrell when talking to mates etc, I’m kind of done now. That was a pretty disgusting performance, passes off, missed tackles, tired players, errors. Yes Storm lay all over us like usual but where is the passion? Where is the drive?
The passion is the big one. I can take losing. I’ve watched some woeful south’s teams over the years so I’ve seen it all. But to see a team play like that with ball in hand is embarrassing.

Eric the great

Juniors
I reckon Johnson and Thompson at the moment are the worst wing pair in the comp neither of them know how to defend and wish latrell had the passion for football like Munster players usually get better with age not our trell the only game in the next six rounds we might be a chance against is the dolphins I’m so disappointed

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Watching a replay and the first Storm try was comical 😂
It was always Graham’s ball to catch and he would have swallowed it with his eyes closed !!
Always leave it to the player coming forward !!! Just basic errors

callmack1

Staff member
Where do I even start? What a miserable night. Miserable performance. Not gonna talk too much because all I want to do is go to bed.

But that loss has hit me hard, I haven't taken it well to be honest. Really thought we'd win that, and with the Storm side the way it is, we really should have. But no, the boys dish up some absolute shit. So disappointing. Bitterly disappointing. Honestly, that's easily the worst we've looked since that Dragons game last year. To lose like that is just embarrassing.

Slow, lethargic, no energy, no heart, no desire. Everything we've built ourselves on was nowhere to be seen tonight and I'm struggling to comprehend why. Shit in defence, diabolical in attack. A million opportunities to win that game but no one stands up. Ughh God.

That's all from me, I just can't do it anymore tonight. I'm done. Talk more tomorrow.

truthslayer

Juniors
Oh what a night!Where was the passion, Where was the commitment? What a pathetic display by most players. What about the passing Lachlan Illias must of thrown 4 or 5 that went to ground or just wrong play. I had high hopes for him but he has no kicking game, he is very slow and gets caught way to often on the last plays. UNLESS he finds a special formula he needs to be dropped. YES big call but in attack he was hopeless .Munster made 11 runs ,130m 2 offloads 1 line break and 32 tackles , Lachlan made 9 runs 63m, 0 offloads , 0line breaks and 17 tackles. OUT played and outclassed.

I read on the comments on facebook how lazy Latrell was and calls for Taafe to come in as fullback, we have tried the latter it didn’t work! He is not a fullback in my opinion, now Mitchell was pretty involved last night, 20 runs 162 m , however no tackles considering meanie made 11. Does need to do more in this area.

The pathetic tackle attempt on Storms winger by Tass and johnstone was embarrassing! Walker was ok, I thought Cookhad a good game, as did Murray who is a better half than Illias although of course we know that is not his position. WHY was a Melbourne storm player not sin binned on the high tackle of Murray. Burgess certainly made metres but slow back in defensive line. Thompson had good metres made a defensive error that led to a try. Graham had his usual hard working game. KOLOMATANGI busy but could not bust Melbourne,Host just does not offer enough but at least he didn’t drop. The ball, but did give a silly penalty away. Fifta runs hard and Moale was ok for minutes played. WHAT was not ok was souths forwards letting storm make metres from defence by sitting back , no aggression very poor!
Murray well we all know what Cam does he keeps on keeping on.I dont know about Cheekam not doing enough in defence and does not bust the line enough.

Where from here ? SOME players have a lot to answer for but we had enough chances to win the game, the two wingers both blew opportunities especially johnstone , Thompson s was a little harder . SO THE coach has some sorting out to do , the. Players must be up for every game, and we do have a problem , the halfback!

Thumper

Juniors
Oh what a night!Where was the passion, Where was the commitment? What a pathetic display by most players. What about the passing Lachlan Illias must of thrown 4 or 5 that went to ground or just wrong play. I had high hopes for him but he has no kicking game, he is very slow and gets caught way to often on the last plays. UNLESS he finds a special formula he needs to be dropped. YES big call but in attack he was hopeless .Munster made 11 runs ,130m 2 offloads 1 line break and 32 tackles , Lachlan made 9 runs 63m, 0 offloads , 0line breaks and 17 tackles. OUT played and outclassed.

I read on the comments on facebook how lazy Latrell was and calls for Taafe to come in as fullback, we have tried the latter it didn’t work! He is not a fullback in my opinion, now Mitchell was pretty involved last night, 20 runs 162 m , however no tackles considering meanie made 11. Does need to do more in this area.

The pathetic tackle attempt on Storms winger by Tass and johnstone was embarrassing! Walker was ok, I thought Cookhad a good game, as did Murray who is a better half than Illias although of course we know that is not his position. WHY was a Melbourne storm player not sin binned on the high tackle of Murray. Burgess certainly made metres but slow back in defensive line. Thompson had good metres made a defensive error that led to a try. Graham had his usual hard working game. KOLOMATANGI busy but could not bust Melbourne,Host just does not offer enough but at least he didn’t drop. The ball, but did give a silly penalty away. Fifta runs hard and Moale was ok for minutes played. WHAT was not ok was souths forwards letting storm make metres from defence by sitting back , no aggression very poor!
Murray well we all know what Cam does he keeps on keeping on.I dont know about Cheekam not doing enough in defence and does not bust the line enough.

Where from here ? SOME players have a lot to answer for but we had enough chances to win the game, the two wingers both blew opportunities especially johnstone , Thompson s was a little harder . SO THE coach has some sorting out to do , the. Players must be up for every game, and we do have a problem , the halfback!
Agree with most things. Comparing lachie to Munster though Isn’t one of them. Munster is the Australian 5/8. He’s dominanted the nrl for 6 years. Lachie was poor. But even on his best day Munster still outplays him.