What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Storm: Friday 31st March 8pm @Accor Stadium

Eric the great

Juniors
Last year I was sitting in front of some Penrith supporters and they were calling latrell the unicorn because he is a myth

Travitoh

First Grade
It's been a frustrating start to the season but i didn't see the game being as bad as others seem to have.

My biggest gripe from it is the same gripe I've had for the past season and a bit now - we should've let Cody leave instead of Reynolds. Ilias is being asked to lead the team around the park without having anyone to help teach him how to.

I thought Moale had his best game of the season.

Latrell is clearly playing hurt and being impacted by his knee.

It's a tough start to the season but we have a good opportunity to get a win against Canterbury on Friday and go 3-3 in a difficult period that we've been undermanned during. Our season is far from over.

Steenson123

Juniors
It's been a frustrating start to the season but i didn't see the game being as bad as others seem to have.

My biggest gripe from it is the same gripe I've had for the past season and a bit now - we should've let Cody leave instead of Reynolds. Ilias is being asked to lead the team around the park without having anyone to help teach him how to.

I thought Moale had his best game of the season.

Latrell is clearly playing hurt and being impacted by his knee.

It's a tough start to the season but we have a good opportunity to get a win against Canterbury on Friday and go 3-3 in a difficult period that we've been undermanned during. Our season is far from over.
D'Accord.
You make the point - albeit not forcefully enough - about the tough Schedule. Its been absolutely horrific one of the worst in any code I have ever seen. Three road playoff style games in 13 days followed by the unbeaten Manly then a nemesis outfit. Easts, Brisbane and Melbourne have all had far easier Schedules. Worse still, both Penrith and Melbourne were on short weeks!!! I can only believe that Politis and Easts had a heavy hand in constructing this dire Schedule. It has been completely unfair to the players.
However there is still a far far distance to travel. And in the last 14 contests I believe the squad only play Brisbane and Easts once, the rest are all winnable. Brisbane in contrast will face weeks of road games and we saw how they staggered at the end of last season. The short term goal is to stay in touch and that means both Berries and Rednecks are MUST win games. I believe then its Penrith Brisbane and The Witches so we need to go 1-2 there cannot afford to lose all of those.
In terms of Ilias I think Demetriou should simply put full faith in his hands. After all Ilias has won TWO PLAYOFF games and they did lead Penrith 12-0 before turnovers and physical attrition killed the game off. Nobody else could even touch Penrith so to me there is a statement there. Let Ilias do the bulk of the kicks Walker's kicks are benign.... wet cracker stuff!!
Demetriou now has to consider seriously changes. I would put Mitchell at centre and either Tass or Taaffe at FB. It gives Mitchell a chance to play into form and fitness, he is carrying weight but we know what he can do. The kicking game at both ends needs to become much more intense its too care free and loose and the side concedes every game from high kicks.

Steenson123

Juniors
Demetriou should put young Lovett on la banc.
He is young and brings enthusiasm and effort. That enthusiasm can ignite some of the more experienced players into greater effort.
Neither Chee-Kam or Jed C bring much at all. Personally I do not know why the club kept either of these men.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’m not blaming it solely on Lachie I think he should be starting to pick it up he seemed to have plateaued I’m just saying put some pressure on these players so they know it’s not a done deal that they get picked each week and your right about the other bloke as I said he speaks like tarzan and plays like jane
I agree Lachy was poor and his kicking game has been a let down his long kicking game is non existent and he’s not grubbering the ball in and getting us repeat sets. His passes in attack have been off. He does need to lift.

As for Trell we can’t have him taking 50mins to get in the game. I’m glad JD called him out for it too it’s just not good enough and I was so pissed off the other night at the game.