1. Out Now:

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to NRL Round 13 and Super League Round 8, with news, features, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's feature story is a history piece from Andrew Ferguson, with an insight into the life of the man who refereed the first NSWRFL first grade match in 1908 - Ted Hooper.

There's all the regular bits - the crossword and word jumbles, last week's wrap of results, reports, the ladder, stats leaders, match review and player of the year; plus your match program, with teamlists, player stats, head-to-head stats, match info and a full preview of every game of the NRL. There's also a detailed Super League program section.

EDITION 11 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Titans: Saturday 13th June 3pm @Bankwest Stadium

Discussion in 'South Sydney Rabbitohs' started by callmack1, Jun 8, 2020.

1. callmack1

callmack1 Moderator Staff Member

Big week for us this week as we need to rebound well and get our Season restarted. We take on the Titans in an afternaoon game at Bankwest which should be a cracker. We've now had three losses in a row (all be it against three of the better teams) and we need to rebound this week.

While some people would dismiss this as and easy game for Souths, there is no such thing as an easy game in the NRL. Look ata the way the Titans played last night, they were full of energy and put on a great performance. They'll now be full of belief heading into the game against us so I expect it'll be a similar kind of performance from them on Saturday. No doubt we need to be on.

The focus for this one need to be just that - focus. There are no excuses this week so we really need to learn to focus for the full 80 minutes. I've said a number of times this weekend that we're not consistent enough in games and we can't play for the full 80 minutes so that needs to change this week. Ball retention will be key.

We'll get both Cody and Kimmy back which will be a massive boost! We've really missed them so I can't wait to see them in action.

So yea, a big week but certainly an exciting one. We can do it!!!

2. handyman2190

handyman2190 Juniors

Our problems lie in the forwards, and spine, the forwards are not providing punch and roll,so cook isnt running, AR is a shadow,latrells learning, this is no easy game, they plastered a good tigers outfit, because they didnt ease up and their defence moved quick, im expecting un ugly disappointing game im sorry to say.

callmack1 likes this.
  3. callmack1

4. NovoBunny94

NovoBunny94 Juniors

Unfortunately I agree with you

5. callmack1

Here's my predicted Line Up for Round 5,

1. Mitchell
    2. Gagai
    3. Roberts
    4. Burns
    5. Graham
    6. Walker
    7. Reynolds (C)
    8. Tatola
    9. Cook
    10. Burgess
    11. Su'a
    12. Lowe
    13. Murray

14. Johnston/Sironen
    15. Knight
    16. Mago/Sele
    17. Amone

This is what I think will happen. I think Burns won't be dropped (he doesn't deserve to be) and Gags won't get dropped either despite a poor performance last week. So with Jimmy back, he slots right into that right centre spot with Graham going back to left wing and then AJ on the bench. Will be great to have Cody back too.

Starting forwards should remain the same for this week. On the bench, I'm hoping Nicholls will be dropped and one of Sele of Mago (or both) will finally be ready to come back in.

Travitoh likes this.
  6. callmack1

Round 5 Line Up vs Titans: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/06/09/round-five-line-up-vs-titans/

Very, very happy with the Line Up for this week! Confirmed that both Cody and Jimmy are back, that's two of our best and most dangerous players returning which is a massive boost! Plus, Wayne has made another couple of changes which I really like. Firstly, Graham retains the centre spot and AJ retains his wing spot which see's Burns dropped. While I wasn't exactly calling for Burnsy to be dropped, I do think he has a lot to work on and certainly hasn't been anywhere near his best. Campbell has been great at centre so I'm glad to see him stay there. What's more, Nicholls has also been dropped off the bench which I think is also a good move because he has been pretty average.

These changes will hopefully not only improve our on field performance, but they put everyone currently in the side on notice and shows that what we have produced the last two weeks (and in Round 2) isn't good enough. If you don't perform, you will be dropped which is good. Will hopefully make everyone lift.

So yea, really stoked with the Line Up this week!!

Travitoh and The Mad Hatter like this.
  7. callmack1

8. handyman2190

handyman2190 Juniors

Something isnt right with burns,he was a lot faster than what he showed us,that intercept should have been a try,i wonder if his hamstring is 100%

callmack1 likes this.
  9. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Coach

Souths need to be ruthless. Hit the market and buy a couple of forwards, even if they steal them from elsewhere.

handyman2190 and callmack1 like this.
  10. Travitoh

Travitoh Bench

Confidence in his body and how far he can push it.

It often happens with players who return from long term injuries that there is a period of time that they need to re-discover what they are capable of without worrying about breaking down again.

IMO, Braidon Burns at 100% is more than capable of being a regular first grade player and even has the potential to enter rep conversations.

dudley G and callmack1 like this.
  11. Travitoh

Travitoh Bench

Edge forwards in particular which imo displays a lack of foresight in recruitment after losing Crichton and Sutton's impending retirement. Souths only got Sua and Lowe because an opportunity arose, not because they'd planned for them.
    I actually feel that the middle stocks are alright. Especially once Arrow arrives.

callmack1 likes this.
  12. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Coach

Watch the intercept try that Tigers got (the second try the Tigers scored).

Come back to me with what you observe.

13. Travitoh

Travitoh Bench

Jai Arrow competing a pass at first reciever in what looked to be a backline shift?

14. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Coach

Nah...when the intercept was taken, he was the only one chasing down. I like commitment. Can't wait to have him our team.

callmack1 and Travitoh like this.
  15. Travitoh

Travitoh Bench

Love that!
    I've liked Arrow for a while and can't wait for him to join Souths.
    8. Tatola (personal opinion but could easily be Tom)
    10. Arrow
    13. Murray
    I/C Tom, Knight, Amone
    Suddenly Souths look very strong in the middle of the park!

callmack1 and The Mad Hatter like this.
  16. NovoBunny94

NovoBunny94 Juniors

I watched this game on kayo and less watching Arrow closely for (obvious reasons) he'll be great at Souths

17. Pommy

Pommy Coach

Glad to see Cody back, I really want to love Roberts as he’s capable of doing amazing things. Sadly we’ve not seen it often enough.

The Mad Hatter and Travitoh like this.
  18. callmack1

19. callmack1

20. callmack1

Rumours that both Su'a and Tatola are in some doubt.

Hopefully both are sweet. Whatever they have must be very minor as I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else.