What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 team list

st.phil

Bench
If the first 17 run out on Sunday, I expect that Beale will cover Fien who rotates to hooker when Rein has a rest. Vidot to shift to wing and Morris/Nighty to fullback.. Vidot to also get some minutes in the backrow.. Could be good
why on earth would you change the backline after last performance? No chance.

Elias1983

Coach
This is a chance for Price to grow his worth as a coach, apart from winning games that is.

If we sign dugan and Price can get him back to playing good footy it might be attractive to other players knowing that Price and St George for that matter turn a career around.

Which in turn hopefully will attract rather than deter players coming.

Here's hoping!!

Old_Timer

Juniors
There is also a slight possibility that we may become the new haven for social media psychopaths. But if they can play footy, we can palm ourselves off as a ritzy rehab joint.

Last edited:

Elias1983

Coach
There is also a slight possibility that we may become the new haven for social media psychopaths. But if they can play footy, we can palm ourselves off as a ritzy rehab joint.

You should feel right at home following this team then OT!!:D

64 Dragon

Coach
This is a chance for Price to grow his worth as a coach, apart from winning games that is.

If we sign dugan and Price can get him back to playing good footy it might be attractive to other players knowing that Price and St George for that matter turn a career around.

Which in turn hopefully will attract rather than deter players coming.

Here's hoping!!

There goes our chance to get any more Raiders players. They were glad to see the back of Dugan.

big pat

Coach
Pretty Boy in first grade? Does he deserve it?

If he comes out with a crewcut or short back and sides I will be impressed, because he might just play some grubby no holds barred footy.

On the other hand if we have yet another Donatella Versace lookalike poodle cut, put him on the Flames bench in case one of the lovelies sprains her ankle.

maybe jdb needs albert to bring him back to earth.

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
Look for de Belin and Drinkwater to come onto our bench today. I watched the cutters last night and Henderson, Ah Mau, vea, Matthews were all playing. Drinkwater was named but didn't play and de Belin didn't play.

Hopefully we see a massive crowd at Kogarah, everyone should get down there.

GO THE DRAGONS!!!!!!

possm

Coach
Drinkwater did not play for the cutters this week, is not on the injured list, is not listed on the bench or even as a reserve player.

Maybe Price is playing possum and will name both Drinkwater and De Belin in the side an hour before kick off. Maybe Stanley has until an hour before kick off to prove his fitness and if he fails, Vidot is there to replace him.

I would like to see the following line up for the game against the Knights:

Beale
Morris
Stanley
Cooper
Nightingale
Soward
Drinkwater
Hunt
Rein
Stockwell
Creagh
Frizell
Merrin

Prior
De Belin
Harrison
Fein

Fein to be in the hooker rotation and a backup if Drinkwater is not going well.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
Drinkwater did not play for the cutters this week, is not on the injured list, is not listed on the bench or even as a reserve player.

Maybe Price is playing possum and will name both Drinkwater and De Belin in the side an hour before kick off. Maybe Stanley has until an hour before kick off to prove his fitness and if he fails, Vidot is there to replace him.

I would like to see the following line up for the game against the Knights:

Beale
Morris
Stanley
Cooper
Soward
Drinkwater
Hunt
Rein
Stockwell
Creagh
Frizell
Merrin

Prior
De Belin
Harrison
Fein

Fein to be in the hooker rotation and a backup if Drinkwater is not going well.

Please let this team run out...it will make our job easier playing against 12 men ;-)

http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/Late-Mail-Round-5/71691

Late Mail: Round 5
Sunday 7 April 2013 2:00 PM

St George Illawarra Dragons Head Coach Steve Price has made several late changes to his line-up to face the Newcastle Knightst at WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah on Sunday.
Dragons halfback Josh Drinkwater will make his first-grade debut for the Red-and-Whites after being named on the interchange.
The Terrigal junior joins forward Bronson Harrison, Matt Prior and Jack de Belin on the bench.
Dragons trio Leeson Ah Mau, Daniel Vidot and Michael Henderson drop off.
1. Gerard Beale
2. Brett Morris
3. Chase Stanley
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Jamie Soward
7. Nathan Fien
8. Dan Hunt
9. Mitch Rein
10. Jack Stockwell
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Ben Creagh (c)
13. Trent Merrin
14. Bronson Harrison
15. Matt Prior
19. Jack de Belin
24. Josh Drinkwater

TheRev

First Grade
- Will be interesting to see where Josh will fit in, maybe he comes on to reaplce Fein at some point, and Fein goes to hooker when Rein off.. time will tell!

- Either way im expecting errors from him, I hope fans can be patient.

- Id love to know what got into Price these last 2 weeks, finally spicing up the attacking plan, and now picking a player to develop, its exactly what we have been asking for!

Asking the question.

Would Bennett have ever done it ?

It's a brave move, one everyone has been screaming for.

I hope Drinkwater doesn't try to cram 80 minutes into the short time i expect him there for.

Steady as he goes and he'll get great experience from it.

Latest posts