What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Unfortunately.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I think you are both 100% right gents.

I gave up a free ticket to watch Cypress Hill @ Homebush with my brother and instead went to Kogarah with high hopes of a good game.

I'm not making that mistake two weekends in a row. If the club in general including owners/board, coaching staff, and players don't give a crap about us fans then I'm not making that effort either anymore. That probably will be the last game I attend for this season anyway.

Blood Shot, my wife did look like that when we got married in our 20's, but now we're in our early 50's after 2 kids she's still more than worthy of my full attention this weekend.
Nice words re your wife.......I bet you you show her your last comment...you will definitely be in the good books mate enjoy

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Unfortunately, for us fans, we have to wait and see what 'team' rolls out against the 'Phins'. The divided team or the conjoined team.
Imo, there's a few players lucky to be holding down a position in 1st grade, and that's only because no one in reserve grade is saying pick me.
JDB should return this week, but will be short of a gallop, So i wouldn't expect 80 mins straight up from in in the middle.

Who drops out?

Imo, that should be BMM.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
So far in games this season we have played for 60 minutes, 70 minutes and 40 minutes. I don't know if it's a fitness or attitude thing but either way it will take time to correct. Wayne Bennett on the other hand always has his sides play for the full 80 minutes.

Dolphins by 20.
I feel that the pedestrian style attack we have where just about every set we have 3 or 4 one up runs from a back followed by Jack Bird (insert any other back row forwards) hogging the ball on the 4th and going to ground with a slow play the ball followed by a powderpuff uncontested kick of hope from Hunt or Sullivan is contributing significantly to our getting gassed out and then ineffective and outright hopeless in defence. Too easy to defend against, predictable and with little threat or demonstrated quality. Centres the wrong way around sure doesnt help either. No confidence, little leveraging of player's clear skillsets, incohesive garbage.
Focus more on stretching the defence when in attack, train for it, practice get out plays and hopefully the energy will return for defence.

Draginzaaar

Bench
I feel that the pedestrian style attack we have where just about every set we have 3 or 4 one up runs from a back followed by Jack Bird (insert any other back row forwards) hogging the ball on the 4th and going to ground with a slow play the ball followed by a powderpuff uncontested kick of hope from Hunt or Sullivan is contributing significantly to our getting gassed out and then ineffective and outright hopeless in defence. Too easy to defend against, predictable and with little threat or demonstrated quality. Centres the wrong way around sure doesnt help either. No confidence, little leveraging of player's clear skillsets, incohesive garbage.
Focus more on stretching the defence when in attack, train for it, practice get out plays and hopefully the energy will return for defence.
I don't understand why we don't use decoys correctly. Hey coach look what Souths do, they get an extra man every time because the defence has to make a decision. With us it's pass to the next bloke who gets smashed.

Dragon David

First Grade
The Dolphins, this year, have only played 4 premiership games as a group, with a couple of trial games beforehand and already Bennett and Woolf have been able to get the team to gel quite effectively and they have been remarkable overall. They were just beaten by 6 points against the Broncos last weekend so to me they are red hot favourites to beat us in round 5.

Last edited:

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
The Dolphins, this year, have only played 4 premiership games as a group, with a couple of trial games beforehand and already Bennett and Woolf have been able to get the team to gel quite effectively and they have been remarkable overall. They were just beaten by 6 points against the Broncos last weekend so to me they are red hot favourites to beat us in round 5.
True DD, but it's not fair. After 4 games they already play like a well coordinated team. It's been 12 years and the Dragons are still working towards that and still have a long way to go. It's not fair I say!

Dragon David

First Grade
True DD, but it's not fair. After 4 games they already play like a well coordinated team. It's been 12 years and the Dragons are still working towards that and still have a long way to go. It's not fair I say!
I think that when we had Benny as our coach starting in 2009, we won 6 out of the first 8 games and yes as you say, it has been 12 years and we are still trying to achieve being a well drilled team. Without Benny, I don't think that we would have won any premiership from the time we became a joint venture club.

But fingers crossed, our time will come again I'd say starting next year.

This Year?

Immortal
After getting the team list email I also got an email from Dan Murphy's, so I decided I'm going to have a drink in tribute to Aaron Woods

PleasedNeatKingbird-size_restricted.gif

jeffdragon

Bench
I've seen tbe reserves play twice and there is not one player who deserves to be moved up to 1sts.
Burns,Moga,Hunt&Amone and the rest have been shit and fui can't even get on the field.

Latest posts