What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Sharks

hazzbeen

Bench
While Williame is out Mary should consider trying Rvalawa at left centre. To me, centre would make a much better fit providing he can aquire the defencinve skills required.
For me he should be left right out ..... He is not ready for top grade and don't know if he will ever be ready ......

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
Have merely become a casual viewer of the team and the game (until such time that Maestro is given the flick)...

However, from listening in at times on the radio and watching the highlights:

• Seems that everyone in the team lifted for the occasion of the derby
  • Dufty is probably our best option at 1 (although let's see how long Maestro keeps him there)
  • Hunt off the bench with significant game time at 9 is probably the way to go going forward
  • Norman & Clune well controlled games in the halves, especially their kicking games, albeit last tackle options down in the opp 20m still need a hell of a lot of polish
  • Longer term, Tyrell Fuimaono could well be a fairly handy replacement for Frizell
  • James Graham on tired legs is very much borrowed time now - Ford needs game time
  • JP & Rava had better games, but agree with those who've said that Saab should still be given a run ahead of Rava in games upcoming
  • Aitken is still a turnstile

Finally:
  • Were we really that much better than the Sharks, or were they worse / having an off day?
  • How much of the game plan was influenced by Flanno knowing his opposition?
  • Important for the team to get a decent win against the Titans next week, as the draw only gets harder from then on
  • Media blowtorch on Maestro should go offline for a re-fuel, for now
James Graham was strong yesterday:
40 mins off the bench, 15 hit ups for 148 m, 22 tackles 1 miss, 1 offload. Not too shabby for an old man. Puts Korbin to shame everyday of the week. He’s on old legs only as a starter. Play him from the bench and he’ll be sweet

redv13

Bench
I'm hoping that the majority of us Dragons fans are thinking the same Qapm. Why wish for us to get the spoon when it feels better when we win games irrespective on how that might affect the outcome of Mary's misfortunes one

For us to come last just so we can get rid of Mary is not what we are following our team for. Wins are greater than having losses even though we want Mary gone.

It’s always a great feeling pumping the Sharkies regardless. There are plenty of big games coming soon that will sort Mcflop out. For this week let’s enjoy the fact that the mongos are just as $hit as we are!!!

SBD82

Coach
James Graham was strong yesterday:
40 mins off the bench, 15 hit ups for 148 m, 22 tackles 1 miss, 1 offload. Not too shabby for an old man. Puts Korbin to shame everyday of the week. He’s on old legs only as a starter. Play him from the bench and he’ll be sweet
I thought that yesterday was his best game in quite a while. I think there were a few factors at play. One was that Mcinnes was everywhere, which meant that our middles weren’t isolated and getting smashed. Another is that the Sharks were very ordinary in the middle. So while I like him in that bench role, I think that we will know more after he plays against better packs.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Rava dropped the ball 3 times, where one resulted in a try. How many times did JP put the team under pressure?
In saying that, replace them both with Saab & Sailor.
To be fair, the one of that led to the try should have been a penalty to us. Fifita had a second push as Ravalawa was trying to get up to play the ball.

Agree re Saab and Sailor, but I thought the commentary was a bit harsh on Rav.

hazzbeen

Bench
To be fair, the one of that led to the try should have been a penalty to us. Fifita had a second push as Ravalawa was trying to get up to play the ball.

Agree re Saab and Sailor, but I thought the commentary was a bit harsh on Rav.
Willow for me the guy's a nightmares .... Shouldn't be anywhere near first grade , he wouldn't be playing at any other club .....

Old Timer

Coach
Willow for me the guy's a nightmares .... Shouldn't be anywhere near first grade , he wouldn't be playing at any other club .....
Rav is like so many of our players they have glaring flaws that are never rectified.

I honestly think he is a fish out of water on the wing but IMO has the potential to be a strike centre.

He has dynamic strength and from what we have seen a very good passing game so IMO he would be worth a try at some point before consigning him 100% to the scrap heap.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
He definitely needs to work on his handling, particularly under the high ball. But I'm not inclined to blame wingers for being caught out in defence, I try to look closer to the ruck. The scummer try that Rava was blamed for came more out of a top shelf pass from Dugan and there should have had more defenders there in cover.

That said, should Saab get a run, Ravalawa would be the obvious one to be dropped.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Rav dropped 2 clear kicks with not much pressure to put Saints in a bad position when the should not have been. I think both led to tries. He caught 2 from memory so 50% record with kicks is not ideal. His defence as well is not crash.

Surely Saab should be given a crack just to see how he goes rather than persist with one who is error prone and puts the side under pressure. He is the obvious target.

Plus with Saab's height he would be ideal for teh bombs. Why not pick him on that alone. Jordan Pereira has been solid. No way near as many errors as Rava.

I would also go Tristain for Clune. Tristian was far more impressive when given the chance. Is he injured? Clune got caught out a couple of times. Tristain looks dangerous with the ball and is more unpredictable. Bigger in size as well.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Yes Flanno was in the box, standing & walking around in the background, away from TV detection.
Probably had to because Mary was abusing the spare chair every time RAV4 dropped the ball.
But scored 2tries. He's rough and strong seen one high kick bounce off his shoulder muscle. Ok Flanno was a help then obviously. I thought he might have been sick of the shit.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I agree.

Saab in JP out.

Rava might be rocks and diamonds, but is more of a threat and has way more upside than JP...
Like to see if Saab can handle the step up Rava stays JP has rest but when. Bring him on for 10 for a try out because there is no CC games. Difficult now Aitken showed some form can't see him being dropped.

Old Timer

Coach
Like to see if Saab can handle the step up Rava stays JP has rest but when. Bring him on for 10 for a try out because there is no CC games. Difficult now Aitken showed some form can't see him being dropped.
Aitken still leaked a try with a very bad read.

Doesn't matter whether he is on the left or the right he is a liability in defence especially when they opposition is within 20 of our line.

Dragsters

First Grade

JP worked hard yesterday.

I like the idea of Rava to centre. He played well there for Fiji last year with a better passing game than Aitken has ever shown.

Saab needs a run and that would allow him to play what I believe is his preferred right wing...

boardlumps62

Juniors
Congratulations to the team on a gutsy win. I think that Ravalawa is good in attack but has poor handling and poor defence. He needs to stop coming in and leaving his wing undefended. Saab or Sailor need to replace him.
Maybe Saab should get a run on a wing but no way sailor for me. Rava is a tough dude did good except a couple of errors.

boardlumps62

Juniors
JP worked hard yesterday.

I like the idea of Rava to centre. He played well there for Fiji last year with a better passing game than Aitken has ever shown.

Saab needs a run and that would allow him to play what I believe is his preferred right wing...
We don't know unless we try. A few changes helped yesterday. If Aitken his try him. Lafai's waiting and Saab.

blacksafake

First Grade
I disagree blacksa...that was as blatant or intentional as can be
If they dont..then they might as well strip the trip out of the punishment folder
Agree but these days it's normally a fine.
I seem to recall Josh Reynolds doing it on numerous occasions but only received a fine?
I can't remember the last player suspended for it

Latest posts