What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Sharks

Old Timer

Coach
Lol..

You sad old relic..

I’m trying to get inside information for all dragons fans, but you’re too busy obsessing over me.

Grow a pair and stop f**king it up for the rest of us.
What a f**king gutless hypocrite you really are.
You just love giving it to Samy and plenty in here know exactly what you are angling at with your post.
Just own it for what it is instead of all the smoke & mirrors.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
What a f**king gutless hypocrite you really are.
You just love giving it to Samy and plenty in here know exactly what you are angling at with your post.
Just own it for what it is instead of all the smoke & mirrors.
What now?

I’ve asked one of our inside sleuths for their insight as to what’s going on in the club that we all love.

But somehow you see it as some bizarre campaign against an individual.

What the f**k are you smoking?

Seriously... You’re a disgrace to dragons fans everywhere.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So now I've had some time to absorb today game and whilst I'm happy for the win it is nothing to get cock-o-hoop about.

One thing though, did anyone notice who gave the half'time talk? Yes it was Flanno and I could see McGregor anywhere.

Much improved yes, but remember the team we were playing ain't much better off than we are. Did we infact bring them dowm to our level?
The real test starts in rounds 7, 8 and 9.

Can't see making any changes (other than the #'s on their backs) to next weeks team, and really there shouldn't be, barring injuries. A win after such
a long period of time, then changing the team again sends exactly the wrong message. If they can put a score on the Titans they would at least have confidence going into those difficult rounds.

Now, I see some people getting stuck into Clune. I would say that without his kicking game today, we probably lose. As for our wingers, well JP ran for 188m from 19 runs and lead all players in PCM. He's a young bull and pretty reliable. Rava, yes he scored a double, but he is heart attack material with bombs and general ball control. If Saab was to come into the team it would be at Rava's expense as he is a right winger. As someome already mentioned trying him at centre would be an interesting experiment for later in the season (at the expense of the love child who still cant tackle)

Again, happy with the win but theres larger obstacles ahead.
Also, this win does not and should not change any rhetoric around McGregor.

BLM01

First Grade
So now I've had some time to absorb today game and whilst I'm happy for the win it is nothing to get c**k-o-hoop about.

One thing though, did anyone notice who gave the half'time talk? Yes it was Flanno and I could see McGregor anywhere.

Much improved yes, but remember the team we were playing ain't much better off than we are. Did we infact bring them dowm to our level?
The real test starts in rounds 7, 8 and 9.

Can't see making any changes (other than the #'s on their backs) to next weeks team, and really there shouldn't be, barring injuries. A win after such
a long period of time, then changing the team again sends exactly the wrong message. If they can put a score on the Titans they would at least have confidence going into those difficult rounds.

Now, I see some people getting stuck into Clune. I would say that without his kicking game today, we probably lose. As for our wingers, well JP ran for 188m from 19 runs and lead all players in PCM. He's a young bull and pretty reliable. Rava, yes he scored a double, but he is heart attack material with bombs and general ball control. If Saab was to come into the team it would be at Rava's expense as he is a right winger. As someome already mentioned trying him at centre would be an interesting experiment for later in the season (at the expense of the love child who still cant tackle)

Again, happy with the win but theres larger obstacles ahead.
Also, this win does not and should not change any rhetoric around McGregor.
I cant believe some people were bagging JP about his game today. I thought he was strong.
Rava was too.... but his hands may cost him a spot for Saab I hope
And what is all the fuss about our great coach...what pressure!....thanks Shane

Old Timer

Coach
What now?

I’ve asked one of our inside sleuths for their insight as to what’s going on in the club that we all love.

But somehow you see it as some bizarre campaign against an individual.

What the f**k are you smoking?

Seriously... You’re a disgrace to dragons fans everywhere.
Lol is that the best you could come up with?
You are always derogatory of Samy and possessed with trying to out him as to whether he is or is not involved with the club.
You’ve been on a mean spirited crusade against him for months and you just keep needling.
You no more think he is involved in the club at any level than you could fly to the moon so just stop the charade you carry on with.
Them’s the facts so just admit it.

BLM01

First Grade
Hunt was good, Dufty very good and our kicking game was exceptional.
The next three games won’t be easy by ant means.
But I enjoyed the win but not looking forward to the next three games
Your kidding..who is our next big victim that we will shove to the side after knocking them out?
ohh..the Titans...
potentially 2 out of 6 and closing in on the top 12
Mary's winnning % over past 2 years has grown form 35.5 to 37
Onwards and ...that will do for now
Buit congrats to the Dragons...they were the better side

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All,

I have stated before that Matt Dufty is not a ‘super star’.

That said he is an excitement machine and very few players in the NRL are capable of scoring trys like he can. Today he crossed the line twice. His early ‘no try’ to me was a very tough call. Dugan was hardly inconvenienced ( actually came in to assist Townsend because he thought Lomax was getting the ball) and back in position to tackle Dufty anyway. Duges was simply stood up and left behind by Dufty. Then the awarded try was speed and a light brigade charge to get over with Duges hanging on. Finally Matt Dufty has always thrown sublime passes left to right with great vision.

If a team is going forward and defending with purpose then Matt comes into his own. Imagine Dufty playing for Melbourne off Munster and all the go forward their pack provides.

BLM01

First Grade
For sure, I’d bring in Sailor at 6. Mainly to keep the continuity. It’s the Gold Coast so if we have a dig we should beat them. Going into the Roosters game I reckon we have a better shot at competing with them with today’s combination so would be nice to not tinker with it too much.
FCD..Sailor wont last at 6 at 1st grade level..he cant defend in the line.......he is best suited to 1 ATM
If not at our club...which it wont be....then good luck to him wherever that may be

SBD82

Coach
People bagging Rava and Pereira after today’s performance are kidding themselves.

They both had handling errors. But they both had their best games in a long time. They did a cracking job getting our sets off to a start. If they haven’t been dropped previously they won’t be dropped now.

I’d prefer to have Saab in the team too. But they were both massively improved and were a big reason that we got the win today.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Lol is that the best you could come up with?
You are always derogatory of Samy and possessed with trying to out him as to whether he is or is not involved with the club.
You’ve been on a mean spirited crusade against him for months and you just keep needling.
You no more think he is involved in the club at any level than you could fly to the moon so just stop the charade you carry on with.
Them’s the facts so just admit it.
Lol..

Sorry OT, but you really have flipped your lid on this one..

The majority of us dragons fans are enjoying the win..

Why can’t you?

Qapm

Juniors
Sorry folks, this thread is wasted time. Sharks will win, Mary will still be coach, WIN Corp and the same board members still in charge.

Dragons vs Titans thread may be interesting but Titans proved this weekend they can score.

Surprised by the Saints win and good on the team for it. As much as I want to see drastic change at St. George, I'm changing my opinion and hope we never get the spoon.