What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs Bulldogs

BxTom

Bench
Round 5 against the not so good times is exactly the time to get the fringe players some game time. Better than waiting for when we might have injuries come finals time.

Iamback

Coach
I agree as far as any one position goes. But he is as one of our best options as a utility. With May gone, we just don’t have many decent options to fill that role.

You also look at where you need the minutes. Only really our props need a rest

Kiks is better if he plays less minutes but he can do 80.

You are looking at 10-15 mins at most if things go well

We are going to be far too good and I know many don't like me saying it.
As to your question we pick out of Kenny or Salmon. Then make sure Spencer starts (and gets huge minutes). That puts Huth on the bench with one of those. Then pick two young forwards
Spencer is very good at coming on as impact, while Matt really does all the hard work at the beginning. He does bring in Good value (pushes above his weight)

Smug Panther

First Grade
You also look at where you need the minutes. Only really our props need a rest

Kiks is better if he plays less minutes but he can do 80.

You are looking at 10-15 mins at most if things go well
We can do whatever in this game and still win easy. That was my point

WestyLife

First Grade
Spencer should be getting big minutes just for the conditioning and get guys like hopgood on the bench and playing reasonable minutes with whatever fits the interchange.

Iamback

Coach
Spencer should be getting big minutes just for the conditioning and get guys like hopgood on the bench and playing reasonable minutes with whatever fits the interchange.

The minutes aren't there though. Atleast until mid year the 20 mins or so he would get. Does more harm then good.

It was his choice to back up v Newcastle so even the players know they need minutes

Iamback

Coach
I have to watch their try again but at the game it looked like. Luai was held off the ball dodgy call.