What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs Bulldogs

The_Frog

First Grade
Dogs had a go, as we all knew they would, and looked to be starting to gel a bit. There's a fair bit of talent in the side, maybe their fortunes are about to rise. Or maybe we were just a little lazy.

Burton, Pangai and Naden all had their moments.

BxTom

Bench
They should have come back at us at the end. They got plenty of rest through the game - laying all over our players. I'm glad the ref got that forward pass, shame he missed the first three.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
They should have come back at us at the end. They got plenty of rest through the game - laying all over our players. I'm glad the ref got that forward pass, shame he missed the first three.

I agree. I thought Dogs got away with a fair bit. Looked to be inside the 10 meters reguarly. Playing a spoiling type of game. Incident late in the game when The Fox lay all over Edwards, no penalty......that type of thing.

chrisD

Coach
Staines or May is sorting itself out. The Crichton-Staines combination is working against us on both sides of the game, no harm could come from giving that right side a shake up, leading me to...

Liam Martin is our worst defender, trial C Smith in his position, put Martin in the middle and have Sorenson in the 17 as the forward Mr Fix it, he is versatile enough that Cleary could react to how the game develops, look at who has done the most work and looks the most stuffed and throw Sorenson in there.

SOS should be the 14. We are better off with Kenny at 14 if Api gets injured, but we are better off with SOS if 1-7 gets injured, and he could make a first of covering Api as well.

And now to Neverland. We must be cashed up from missing the resigning of Kikau and Capewell, throw the money at TPJ, he can't be happy at that rabble, no-one could, we don't need Burton but TPJ could be amazing replacing Kikau on that left edge. Offloads are extremely useful for breaking down solid defences and we lack them and TPJ is a beast for them.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Not by much

We were attacking their line most of the 1st half Naden wasn't onside all game.

Very short 10 m

Luai was stopped from picking the ball up for their 1st try

Lets not forget the ref gave us 2 tries only to be over ruled

6/10 I'd give the officials

See @Smug Panther my Panfa glasses are just fine

Cause if I take them off this is what will happen........😂

WestyLife

First Grade
Not by much

We were attacking their line most of the 1st half Naden wasn't onside all game.

Very short 10 m

Luai was stopped from picking the ball up for their 1st try

Lets not forget the ref gave us 2 tries only to be over ruled

6/10 I'd give the officials

The Luai one was the correct call. Same thing happened in the tigers game and every game ever. Defender was committed and Luai dropped it.

May's foot went out so not exactly robbed.

Iamback

Coach
The Luai one was the correct call. Same thing happened in the tigers game and every game ever. Defender was committed and Luai dropped it.

May's foot went out so not exactly robbed.

if that was to chase a grubbber in goals. No way is that a try

I was 9 rows back. Saw the foot go out. So how did the officials miss it

hindy111

Post Whore
Dogs looks ordinary. Penrith didn't even play that great and was one way traffic. Many tipped Dogs to be top 8 or close. Look not much better then last season.

Iamback

Coach
Dogs looks ordinary. Penrith didn't even play that great and was one way traffic. Many tipped Dogs to be top 8 or close. Look not much better then last season.

While Barrett is coach they won't get in the 8.

DCE and T. Turbo was better then anyone on the dogs and they just scrapped into the 8

I don’t think we can complain about the refs in that game. We got some that fell out way, some that fell theirs. Major decisions were right.

mxlegend99

Referee
The weird thing with Luai and that try is if he passed the ball and got hit like that it's a penalty for being late and high contact. Why is that same contact after dropping a ball backwards fine?

It stops him being able to get to the ball

No issue with it. As it would've been difficult to pull out of that tackle. But those same tackles are penalised if its after a pass which is my main issue.

We were pretty rubbish only really looked good twice this season. When we had to beat teams we expected to throw something at us.The lesser teams we seem happy to just cruise to an unconvincing victory.

Pumped to be undefeated without hitting form though. Be nice to run up a padded for and against with the shit opponents though. Could be important later in the year

Iamback

Coach
The weird thing with Luai and that try is if he passed the ball and got hit like that it's a penalty for being late and high contact. Why is that same contact after dropping a ball backwards fine?

It stops him being able to get to the ball

No issue with it. As it would've been difficult to pull out of that tackle. But those same tackles are penalised if its after a pass which is my main issue.

We were pretty rubbish only really looked good twice this season. When we had to beat teams we expected to throw something at us.The lesser teams we seem happy to just cruise to an unconvincing victory.

Pumped to be undefeated without hitting form though. Be nice to run up a padded for and against with the shit opponents though. Could be important later in the year

That is my thoughts on Luai too

Goes against other calls across the season

Iamback

Coach
I don’t think we can complain about the refs in that game. We got some that fell out way, some that fell theirs. Major decisions were right.

Like I said refs aren't changing games. Just ensuring that blowouts don't happen.

Take the Newcastle game. 13 on 12, no surprise that there was 0 6 agains.

Latest posts