What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs Bulldogs

Girds89

Bench
Other than dropping the ball a few times i thought tago looked deadly with every touch..

I honestly think he will be ahead of critta by the end of the year.. such an exciting prospect.

Taylan we simply must keep. Hes a freak.

Mom for me this week was probably api. I thought he was brilliant. Hes lime speed across the 80 was on another level. He was crafty around the ruck and really troubled them..

Edwards gets 2 points.. just another typical performance. Saving tries, no mistakes amd plenty of involvement.

One point probs tago.. i know he had a few mistakes but he just carved them up.. hes combo with taylan is fantastic.

Overall i dont think we were anywhere near our best but just happy to get the 2 points..

BxTom

Bench
At the point of the penalty he wasn't defending a kick it was a lost ball.
So it's alright to hit someone dropping the ball high is it? When did that rule change come in? I will agree that it could not really be said to be late, but it was high with a swinging arm to the neck/head.

WestyLife

First Grade
So it's alright to hit someone dropping the ball high is it? When did that rule change come in? I will agree that it could not really be said to be late, but it was high with a swinging arm to the neck/head.

Did I say it is alright? This is the first time a high tackle has been mentioned. High contact should be a penalty obviously.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Solid win, without having to play too hard. I’ll take that going into a Friday night against the Broncos.
Special Mention to Matty E, he was tremendous tonight. Really reliable player.

Also congrats to Mitch Kenny on getting his first NRL try.

I love watching our left side at the moment, they are so dangerous.

Edwards is an elite fullback, I don’t care what anyone says. I was bagged a bit for saying that he’s harder to replace in our Squad than Nathan , but I stand by it. Such a great player.

Go Panthers

The Realist

Juniors
That 2nd half we went asleep for a few 5 minute periods. Better teams would have punished us.

Additionally we gave away 3-4 idiotic penalties when we had the Bulldogs pinned on their own line.

Given the talent differential between the two teams this was a 6/10 performance.

The Realist

Juniors
Staines or May is sorting itself out. The Crichton-Staines combination is working against us on both sides of the game, no harm could come from giving that right side a shake up, leading me to...

Liam Martin is our worst defender, trial C Smith in his position, put Martin in the middle and have Sorenson in the 17 as the forward Mr Fix it, he is versatile enough that Cleary could react to how the game develops, look at who has done the most work and looks the most stuffed and throw Sorenson in there.

SOS should be the 14. We are better off with Kenny at 14 if Api gets injured, but we are better off with SOS if 1-7 gets injured, and he could make a first of covering Api as well.

And now to Neverland. We must be cashed up from missing the resigning of Kikau and Capewell, throw the money at TPJ, he can't be happy at that rabble, no-one could, we don't need Burton but TPJ could be amazing replacing Kikau on that left edge. Offloads are extremely useful for breaking down solid defences and we lack them and TPJ is a beast for them.

No way is TPJ a good replacement for Kikau. He is massively unfit, so much so I don't think he has a long term future as an edge forward. I wouldn't pay anymore than 500K for him in our set up.

Good clinical win.

Scoreline would’ve been more impressive had Staines not dropped the ball with the try line at his mercy early in the first half, and if Kikau grounded the ball properly right at the end.

WestyLife

First Grade
Good clinical win.

Scoreline would’ve been more impressive had Staines not dropped the ball with the try line at his mercy early in the first half, and if Kikau grounded the ball properly right at the end.

The commentary said everything dried out really well then it was a terribly error ridden game.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Care to explain how? He wanted 700k over 4years.
That means we probably lose Tago or May
We offered both Api and Kikau reasonable contracts. Both have signed elsewhere, we have cap room. Api is currently the best hooker in the comp, some will say Grant but he's not there yet. The biggest reason improved from 2019 to 2020 is Api

hindy111

Post Whore
Who are the best hookers?

Api,Grant,Cook I like most. They can run and carve up. B.Smith would be next.
Maybe Mahoney after that but he can't run and falls off tackles. I'd almost put Bailey from the Sharks infront of him.
I reckon Egan is probably just after those mentioned.

Latest posts