What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs Bulldogs

Anyone else really disappointed with how Burton is going. He isn’t doing this badly, but mostly because he isn’t doing much of anything at all.

If ever there was a season to try things and develop your game for Burto it is this one, but he is playing like someone who doesn’t want to make a mistake.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Anyone else really disappointed with how Burton is going. He isn’t doing this badly, but mostly because he isn’t doing much of anything at all.

If ever there was a season to try things and develop your game for Burto it is this one, but he is playing like someone who doesn’t want to make a mistake.
He's doing fine. This tough season will make him even better in the long run

He's doing fine. This tough season will make him even better in the long run
He could still be part of a tough season and trying things. His best quality is his hole running, but we have seen zero of him following up the big men or hookers. He could do with developing confidence attacking on the right, but he is camped on the left. Obviously much of this will be on the coach and game plans, so not necessarily Burto’s fault. I’m just underwhelmed at this stage.

Smug Panther

First Grade
He could still be part of a tough season and trying things. His best quality is his hole running, but we have seen zero of him following up the big men or hookers. He could do with developing confidence attacking on the right, but he is camped on the left. Obviously much of this will be on the coach and game plans, so not necessarily Burto’s fault. I’m just underwhelmed at this stage.
Until yesterday he was playing 6 and 7. If they stick with Flanno they'll both have a good second half of the year

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

This is how I expected and yes (even predicted) Burton would go.

Hadn't played in the halves for over 18 months (never reguarly at NRL level) Of course he was going to struggle without a great spine, and forwards around him.

I'm sure he's learning heaps in the process.

I'm yet to be convinced he will stay in the halves long term. I see him as a Wade Graham style of player (and yes I've said that before)

Whatever position he plays in, he is quality. But at times (in teams like the dogs) you're only as good as those around you.

DinkyDi

Juniors
This is how I expected and yes (even predicted) Burton would go.

Hadn't played in the halves for over 18 months (never reguarly at NRL level) Of course he was going to struggle without a great spine, and forwards around him.

I'm sure he's learning heaps in the process.

I'm yet to be convinced he will stay in the halves long term. I see him as a Wade Graham style of player (and yes I've said that before)

Whatever position he plays in, he is quality. But at times (in teams like the dogs) you're only as good as those around you.
He does not, appear, to be happy.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yes and why I suggested May and Staines might be a smart move and let Too go earn the big dollars elsewhere.

I don't think you understand @hindy111 the dynamics within the club, nor it's culture.

To'o up and leave his mates and the area he's played with and at most of his life. I don't think that will be something that happens anytime soon.

If anyone leaves it will be staines.

To'o is a riff boy, and hopefully he will stay that way. I'd like to think May re-signs also.

WestyLife

First Grade
Yes let's drop our SOO winger who has great personal chemistry with the team for a rookie who most people don't rate. Really want Staines to become his potential but let's be real.

Iamback

Coach

It is what I expected given the Dogs roster

Iamback

Coach
Yes let's drop our SOO winger who has great personal chemistry with the team for a rookie who most people don't rate. Really want Staines to become his potential but let's be real.

You want an elite winger. It allows you to have a rookie on the other

Until yesterday he was playing 6 and 7. If they stick with Flanno they'll both have a good second half of the year
One thing I didn’t mention that I thought was amazing was the 40/20; I did a little involuntary fist pump when he pulled that out.

It showed game and field position awareness and was perfectly executed; thought it was brilliant. And something he didn’t show last year. As a fan I want him to try more things like that.