What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs Bulldogs

snickers007

Juniors
Mate I only ever call it as I see it. I don’t know where you guys unearth all these stats, I just watch our games. Call it as I see it.

Not gonna lie, the stats surprised me too. To the naked eye, it seems like May is the stronger ball carrier, but the stats don't lie. Probably just an unconcious bias, which we all have.

Realistically, there is a bees dick in it. For every 100m they run total, Staines has 39 PCM and May 33. Bugger all difference.

Iamback

Coach
Not gonna lie, the stats surprised me too. To the naked eye, it seems like May is the stronger ball carrier, but the stats don't lie. Probably just an unconcious bias, which we all have.

Realistically, there is a bees dick in it. For every 100m they run total, Staines has 39 PCM and May 33. Bugger all difference.

Tackle bust 18-7
Line breaks 4-1

With 2 games less is the stat to back up the eye test

chrisD

Coach
May turns half a sniff into a try and Staines drops the ball with the line wide open. That seems the important stat at the moment.

soc123_au

Staff member
Or maybe people are just seeing the shiny new toy, and not the bigger picture.
What is it that you see in Staines to make you rate him so highly? I think he is having a go this year and showing improvement and reads the game well in defence, but he isn't a must keep imo.

soc123_au

Staff member
Or maybe you're a little biased because you personally like Charlie..? It's ok to have a biased opinion. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Absolutely. Just to clarify, I'm not having a go at @DinkyDi over her Staines love, just genuinely interested in what she is seeing. I've been in a similar spot with Sauce, even when he was on the decline I still loved the bloke.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Well May hasn't.

Staines is not finishing his chances well and May is finishing weaker chances better, there's nothing more to it.
We don't use his speed here. How much of that is on the team and how much is on Charlie? Might in his best interests to move to another club, I've heard he didn't cope well going to QLD so that rules out England, NZ and maybe QLD sides.

Iamback

Coach
We don't use his speed here. How much of that is on the team and how much is on Charlie? Might in his best interests to move to another club, I've heard he didn't cope well going to QLD so that rules out England, NZ and maybe QLD sides.

I use the comparison to Jason Saab.

Eye test says he is a beast. Reality is he ave 9 runs a game last year.

So it can work but we are best with big wingers starting the sets off well

WestyLife

First Grade
To'o debuted on the right and was a beast so it is hard to say but yes it likely has some affect

Obviously May still looks more dangerous than Staines I'd just be curious about how he'd go there with the difference in how that side plays.

Iamback

Coach
Obviously May still looks more dangerous than Staines I'd just be curious about how he'd go there with the difference in how that side plays.

When Mansour left. Staines would of been on that wing but he never did. Maybe he can't play on the left

Latest posts