What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs. Dragons Discussion + Voting

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Re the Kenny talk, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him start.

Henjak is just trying to copy Bennett's tactic this year of naming Prior in 8 and Hunt in 16, but Hunt has started every game at prop, and with Cooper back Prior now starts on the bench (he started at left centre in Rounds 1+2).

DeeJ

Bench
Just head on 10 news Kenny is out with a back injury. That's probably why he was named on the bench. Hopefully McGuire comes back into the side, and not Hoffman on the bench, which would be useless.

Dazzat

First Grade
We knew that our depth this year was going to be tested ... but not this early and by this much. Without Kenny and Parker, Thaiday becomes our forward leader ...?

I guess you could say our worst fears have been realised ... and a 40 point walloping is on the cards.

cornerposter

Juniors
thats correct and really if it's about giving mcculloch a break
i think wallace would be able to give better direction around the rucks than hunt would. which would see hunt play 7 outside lockyer for a while

ooooooh, that has some merit. Ivan, are you listening to this? :thumb

I guess you could say our worst fears have been realised ... and a 40 point walloping is on the cards.

Let's just hope they compete and are disciplined. Catch the ball boys and tackle hard. Remember the words sung by the great Alfie "St George can't play, St Geooorge can't plaaaay" ;-)

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Kenny is out injured. God we are looking horrible now. I hope a forward comes in and not our 18th man Hoffman. I'm expecting McGuire.

renouf

Juniors
Knowing henjak he will go with a back on the bench, when really we need forwards, especially against St.George. Not going to matter anyway, this will be a flogging.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Knowing henjak he will go with a back on the bench, when really we need forwards, especially against St.George. Not going to matter anyway, this will be a flogging.

As Hoffman is 18th man I will expect him to come onto the bench. He will do what Beale did last week and come on in the centres after like 20 minutes but push Glenn into the back row. I think Thaiday will need to spend a lot of this game playing front row. We can't expect 2 backrowers who can play prop at a pinch, playing prop against a top notch side.

I really hope McGuire or even Hala come into the side and not Hoffman.

Big Pete

Referee
CM is reporting the side will look like...

1. Corey Norman
18. Josh Hoffman
2. Gerard Beale
4. Dale Copley
5. Mitch Rivett
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ashton Sims
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Scott Anderson
11. Lagi Setu
12. Sam Thaiday
3. Alex Glenn

13. Matt Gillett
14. Ben Hunt
15. Mitchell Dodds
16. Dunamis Lui

screeder

Juniors
The injuries in the backline defy belief. Lets see Kemp, Hodges, Folau,
Yow Yeh, Michaels, Winterstien (stood down) tell me if i'm forgetting anyone. Sh*t that's a lot of strike power right there. Just off the top of my head i can't remember this happening to any other club. Sorry guys just venting, now out to the boxing bag.:x

Dazzat

First Grade
Only one debutante ... so can't be that bad heh ...?

Dunamis in the Greek language means "power" or "force". That's gotta mean something?

OK, clutching at straws to find positives here ...

Gillett must be still injured ... otherwise why on earth would Henjak put one of our best players so far this season on the bench?

Dazzat

First Grade
The injuries in the backline defy belief. Lets see Kemp, Hodges, Folau,
Yow Yeh, Michaels, Winterstien (stood down) tell me if i'm forgetting anyone. Sh*t that's a lot of strike power right there. Just off the top of my head i can't remember this happening to any other club. Sorry guys just venting, now out to the boxing bag.:x

Granted ... Cronulla had it pretty bad for injuries last year. I believe at one stage they had over 10 players out. It all started with Ben Ross and turned to mud from there.

Big Pete

Referee
Brett Kearney was the real killer for them last year. Their main strike weapon, gone by Round 1.

screeder

Juniors
Yeah the Sharks were definitely cruelled by injury last year probably as bad as we are now. I just find it uncanny that its our top 6 wingers and centres (inc winterstein). The Sharks predicament was probably spread across the park more. Tried to find an injury list from 2009 for them but couldn't.

TEAM TONGA

Juniors
Ivan said in the courier mail that Dunamis lui is more of a complete footballer than Dave Hala. What a load of crap Dave didnt make the australian schoolboys side in 2006 for not having any skills. This is the schoolboys side that izzy, sandow, pearce, dave taylor, shannn walker and many more played. I cant believe that a coach would make a statement like, comparing players in his own team and whats worse is that these players are young and really should gain confidence from the head coach comments.

Broncos fan!

Juniors

1. Corey Norman
18. Josh Hoffman
2. Gerard Beale
4. Dale Copley
5. Mitch Rivett
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ashton Sims
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Scott Anderson
11. Lagi Setu
12. Sam Thaiday
3. Alex Glenn

13. Matt Gillett
14. Ben Hunt
15. Mitchell Dodds
16. Dunamis Lui

Now it's supposed to be:

1. Corey Norman
2. Gerard Beale
3. Alex Glenn
4. Dale Copley
18. Josh Hoffman
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ashton Sims
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Scott Anderson
11. Lagi Setu
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Matt Gillett

5. Mitch Rivett
14. Ben Hunt
15. Mitchell Dodds
16. Dunamis Lui

I'm not sire which side the centres/wingers are going to play but thats who is playing there apparently.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Why is Rivett on the bench? I can see that when he comes on he will replace Glenn who will go to the backrow. But wouldn't it make more sense just to play McGuire on the bench and let Glenn play centre all game.

user_nat

Coach
Henjak must be trying to play mind games with his ever changing lineups. No idea why he would do that though, since no matter what way you arrange that team.. it sucks.

Last edited: