What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Vs Eels

Kilkenny

Coach
Time will tell BUT if someone had told you we were unbeaten after 4 rounds INCLUDING beating the Roosters I am sure at least 99 per cent of supporters would be happy with that . Lets be positive

John, you are a relative newcomer on here. Herbert is not known for his positivity as you will come to find out if you hang around on here for any length of time. Hang in there buddy, we need more like you!!!

Time will tell BUT if someone had told you we were unbeaten after 4 rounds INCLUDING beating the Roosters I am sure at least 99 per cent of supporters would be happy with that . Lets be positive

I’m pretty happy, but I’m realistic. Other than the Roosters all the teams were pretty poor. Newcastle are usually better but massive injuries that game.

Next 3 weeks are going to tell us where we’re really at.

Honesty is the best policy so they say.

What you see is for the most part vastly different to what I see.

I for the most part see the positive side of things and you somehow always seem to find the negative position. That’s just you I guess it’s just what you see, the negative, always the negative.

You see what you want to see. I’ve said plenty of positive things, about our forward pack, Crichton, Burton, Luai & Naden. Talked about Apisai being the buy of the year.

The coach on the other hand...

WestyLife

First Grade
John, you are a relative newcomer on here. Herbert is not known for his positivity as you will come to find out if you hang around on here for any length of time. Hang in there buddy, we need more like you!!!

I've spoken to him on Twitter before and he's been positive.

GongPanther

Referee
Cleary is a brilliant coach who is getting us through a difficult period without some of our regular 1st graders. He will win coach of the year after getting our third GF win.

WCC were we come!

kinghippo

Juniors
I hope we mx it up a bit and move away from the bombs, this week.
Gutherson and fergo eat them up, I think grubbers would be better, repeat sets, making the wingers turn and chase.

martielang

Bench
I hope we mx it up a bit and move away from the bombs, this week.
Gutherson and fergo eat them up, I think grubbers would be better, repeat sets, making the wingers turn and chase.

I agree we have to move away from the constant bombs at the end of the sets but I also think our best chance of winning is a boring game plan of barging up the middle, building pressure & then hopefully the game opens up for us in the last 20.

I sound like Sir Hook again.

WestyLife

First Grade
I agree we have to move away from the constant bombs at the end of the sets but I also think our best chance of winning is a boring game plan of barging up the middle, building pressure & then hopefully the game opens up for us in the last 20.

Honestly he'd suit the current fast game style that's happening right now.

kinghippo

Juniors

Parra have been really good at rolling through the middle to create space for their backs.
As you say, the game will be won by the forwards.
If we can cram them in the middle hopefully they won’t be able to get their backs going.

Whino

Bench
Jack Hetherington has been omitted too.

Pity I wouldn't mind a nice 15-20 minute aggessive burst from him off the bench.
I was hoping he would kick on this year.

I would like Burns, Martin, Leniu, and Hetherington rotating off the bench. Swap them around on match ups or opponents.
With no NSW cup they are not getting any hard match fitness. Training and hit outs only go so far.

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
Ivan said in his interview we're not a contender and building a base. Paraphrasing pretty hard with my comment but he seemed pretty down on our chances this year.

Jane Murray

Bench
Pity I wouldn't mind a nice 15-20 minute aggessive burst from him off the bench.
I was hoping he would kick on this year.

I would like Burns, Martin, Leniu, and Hetherington rotating off the bench. Swap them around on match ups or opponents.
With no NSW cup they are not getting any hard match fitness. Training and hit outs only go so far.
Exactly.

Latest posts