What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs. Knights Discussion + Voting

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Broncos team to play Newcastle Knights at Suncorp Stadium, Monday April 11:
1. Gerard Beale
2. Dale Copley
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker
Reserves:
14. Mitchell Dodds
15. Ben Te’o
16. Josh McGuire
17. Shane Tronc
18. Dane Carlaw
19. Nick Kenny
20. Corey Norman

Hoffman still out and Hunt injured. Bit confused as to why Norman is on the extended bench. If he comes into the 17 what would be his role, back up dummy half, fullback or just a general fill in back in case someone goes down?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Hoffman still out and Hunt injured. Bit confused as to why Norman is on the extended bench. If he comes into the 17 what would be his role, back up dummy half, fullback or just a general fill in back in case someone goes down?

I think he'd be a general fill in back, not sure how he'd go at hooker. of course we can always play musical halves and bring macca off, shift wallace into 9, locky will play first receiver and norman can play 6

Mr Fourex

Bench
Where the f**k is Gagai... Copley is a hazard out there... Griffin what's doing!!!

Yeah...Copley is scaring the sh*t out of me with his hands. He was a bit of a passenger out there against the Panthers

Thought gay guy was still injured .......apparently he's not.

Fair enough question

Griffin ....what gives?

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Ahem Canberra game Gagai couldn't catch a cold. Copley was better than him that night so fair game. You can't sack a bloke on 1 poor game. Gagai was ordinary against the Cows too.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Ahem Canberra game Gagai couldn't catch a cold. Copley was better than him that night so fair game. You can't sack a bloke on 1 poor game. Gagai was ordinary against the Cows too.

I know what you're saying. I think they are on a par (Copely and Gagai)

Gay guy had the spot before he was injured

Copely hasn't done enough to keep the spot...IMO

Gagai has right away.......

Big Pete

Referee
Gagai is a better winger for mine.

With that said, his first two games were disappointing (his second a shocker) and he looked scared s**tless.

Copley was found out in the air but he never made any unforced errors like Gagai did.

I'm fine with Gagai working on his game in NYC before coming back up.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Gagai is a better winger for mine.

With that said, his first two games were disappointing (his second a shocker) and he looked scared s**tless.

Copley was found out in the air but he never made any unforced errors like Gagai did.

I'm fine with Gagai working on his game in NYC before coming back up.

Agree with all of the above. Would be good though if he was playing fullback/winger for a QLD cup team.

BroncoGordie

Juniors
Our left side in attack looks a little dull... I think we need a bit of a razzle dazzle player/winger out there... It aint very bronco like.. I guess Beale will add a bit when the hoff returns, or Gagai...

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Yeah Gagai does add an X-factor. But Copley didn't do enough wrong to lose selection. Plus I think he was a little unlucky as Reed could have put him away down the sideline a couple of times.

broncos2010

Juniors
I think beale is heaps better at fullback then center. Once hoffman returns I think reed will keep his spot with hodges and beale will fight for that wing spot with gagai or copley.

I think gagai has more offer on the wing then copley

Snappy

Coach
Whoever is on the left wing will cop an ariel barrage thats for sure. Hopefully they spend a lot of time on it at training this week.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I think beale is heaps better at fullback then center. Once hoffman returns I think reed will keep his spot with hodges and beale will fight for that wing spot with gagai or copley.

I think gagai has more offer on the wing then copley

I definitely agree. I've always though Beale is better suited to fullback, he looked a lot more comfortable there last week than he has in the centres/wing.

I'd also agree that Gagai offers more on the wing than Copley. Thats because Copley is a centre, not a winger. I think Beale will probably be the one on the wing when Hoffman is back mainly because he has been in the 17 in all games this year and hasn't done anything to get dropped.

Big Pete

Referee
According to Hanc and np on RLeague.

Gillett is in some doubt

Hoffman could be a late inclusion with Beale sliding to the bench.

perverse

Referee
Zeb Taia ruled out indefinitely with a neck problem... he's a big loss for us. our back row depth will manage to cover... but they won't provide his quality on the right fringe.

Big Pete

Referee
That's a dead set shame. No doubt at his best Taia is one of the best backrows in the game.

Still going to be a tough game.

Latest posts