What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs. Knights Discussion + Voting

beads6

First Grade
Beale on the bench would be great although I have him at fullback for Supercoach

Snappy

Coach
Nah Gagai is named to play Toyota Cup this week. Im fairly sure he played last week too.

risbane Broncos v Newcastle Knights
Monday April 11 2011 - 4:45pm - Suncorp Stadium

Broncos: Lachlan Maranta, James Furminger, Dane Gagai, Jerome Leedy, Chris Kuridrani, Corey Norman, Louis Frisby, Stephen Coombe, Kurt Baptiste, Matt Smith, Benn Malley, Mitchell Frei, Chris Binge; Interchange (From): Anthony Mullally, Daniel Alvaro, Daniel Wallace, Mboya Adams

Knights: Geordie Connelly, Chanel Mata'utia, Api Pewhairangi, Will Smith, Mitch Williams, Tyler Sullivan, Tyrone Roberts, Josh Ailaomai, Chad Redman, Korbin Sims,. Carl Means, Matthew Herman, Ethan Cook (c); Interchange from: Chris Knight, Brendon Simpson, Sam Anderson, Kori Barber

Referee: Gavin Morris; Sideline Officials: Lawrence McDonell and Daniel Olford

user_nat

Coach
I don't like Gagai being played at centre. Some practice under kicks would be nice.
Norman in the U20s also.

So I guess Dodds keeps his spot as named and Carlaw comes in for Tronc? Unless Hoffman does return and Beale goes to the bench.

Last edited:

Broncos fan!

Juniors
If McGuire gets dropped I will rage. He has probably been our best prop so far this year IMO and I do not see the reasoning behind it at all...

Big Pete

Referee
Tronc was woeful against the Panthers, still didn't think he deserved to be dropped for it though.

Let's see how Carlaw takes his opportunity.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Not saying Tronc went gangbustas against the Panthers, but after watching Carlaw play against Souths Logan.......geez fail to see much difference. Does anyone know how big Dave Hala has been travelling with his development ?

Big Pete

Referee
Not saying Tronc went gangbustas against the Panthers, but after watching Carlaw play against Souths Logan.......geez fail to see much difference. Does anyone know how big Dave Hala has been travelling with his development ?

How long did you actually watch the game for? He was easily one of Wynnum's best in a well beaten pack.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Big Pete you are a very fair poster on this site, however, Wynnums' pack hardly gave much to beat in the way of performance. They were very disappointing and very poor and the only time they looked good was on the team sheet ABC showed pre game.

Big Pete

Referee
That's my point, the Wynnum pack was disappointing except for Carlaw who started really making an impact in the second half when Wynnum weren't turning the ball over.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Fair enough Pete..........if you truly believe Dane has earned his chance. I just didn't think it was that eye catching that's all.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Does anyone know how big Dave Hala has been travelling with his development ?

Hala didn't get involved too much for Redcliffe today. Justin Hunt tore the opposition apart, mind you the opposition were pretty hopeless.

Troncy played ok really, I am very surprised he got dropped, thought he was offering a bit of impact off the bench, and the only one who looked likely to get some offloads away. Am also surprised to see McGuire dropped. Sure he's made a couple of silly errors but all in all he has been pretty good.

Didn't think Dodds and Carlaw were going THAT well for Wynnum.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
I understand Hala and Dave Taylor have a very different skill set, however, does anyone else believe the mind set of believing all NRL players are athletes (beep tests, skin folds) hurt young big blokes confidence levels hence their development. Maybe the feeling of belief and belonging to the Broncos would see Dave Halas' career progress a little more Personally I couldn't care less about Halas' athletic capabilities as long as he shows he's a damn good frontrower with some impact, the rest will follow. Didn't Webcke start off a poor trainer too ?

Big Pete

Referee
I thought it was a bit harsh to drop Tronc but if the move was to cast off complacency I'm all for it at this time of the season.

Latest posts