What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs. Titans Discussion + Voting

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I don't think Thaiday deserves a week for what he did but my gut feeling says the judiciary are going to take every chance to suspend a Bronco/QLDer.

DeeJ

Bench
The Courier Mail said Hoffman sprained or bruised his big toe, so based on that he must be a decent chance.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The Courier Mail said Hoffman sprained or bruised his big toe, so based on that he must be a decent chance.

Yeah they seem reasonably confident about him, so I'm confident there. I'm wondering how vulnerable the Titans right side edge is going to be.

Boy

Juniors
I think a week as a nice reminder
DON'T TOUCH THE REFEREE !!!
I mean its not hard and it will suck to be down a player
But he is a captain he should know better

Chainshada

Juniors
Meh, Refs and players aren't allowed to touch eachother...Pretty sure the ref that touched Parker last year or the year before while trying to make a point didn't get stood down.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I think a week as a nice reminder
DON'T TOUCH THE REFEREE !!!
I mean its not hard and it will suck to be down a player
But he is a captain he should know better

I didn't mind Thaiday doing that so much as for once he showed a bit of passion and desperation to win the game, something that he has not shown as a leader at all.

Yeah he has overstepped the mark slightly, but at least I feel like the game meant something to him, and then he backed it up with on-field performance.

I hope this kind of passion continues for Thaiday, he just needs to make sure he doesn't step over the line. That will come with more experience as captain.

I really hope his performance wasn't once off.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Annoying to say the least but can't say I'm surprised.

Does anyone know the team changes now?

Kiwi

First Grade
obvious one would be Anderson to start and either Slyney or J Wallace on the bench. Hopefully Wallace.

Big Pete

Referee
We can't cop a break at the moment.

Fair decision but it really adds insult to injury. Hard one to take but hopefully the boys can.

Anyway you mince it, it's a blow. While I don't think Thaiday is suited in the front row, to lose him and his ability to get a quick play the ball and build momentum is definitely going to be missed - especially against such a tough unit like the Titans.

I'm going to surprise even myself when I say I'm glad Sanderson is getting a starting spot. I've liked his work off the bench so far - he looks really hungry this year and isn't afraid to roll his sleeves up. He still has that costly error in him unfortunately, but as long as he can find some consistensy I wouldn't be against him starting permanently.

In a perfect world, both J. Wallace & Slyney would come in with Lui dropping out but that just doesn't seem to be the play. I honestly don't understand the Lui love, he isn't necessarily good at bending the line, doesn't have a high work-rate and defensively he's a liability. However at this stage, I'm flogging a deader horse than the anti-Wallace brigade.

Given the choice, I reckon Slyney is the pick. We've already got an 'impact' forward in Hala to bend the line - bringing in another could prove costly.

Brisbane really need to win this game. The performance doesn't matter, the boys just need to re-acquaint themselves with the winning feeling and get back into a groove. Right now, it's just too inconsistent even though they aren't necessarily playing bad footy.

However, if the expected result does occur, I'll be interested if any big changes are made if at all. I suspect McGuire will be back next week and with Thaiday on board I could see Hook excusing everyone even though I feel like the spine and pack needs some serious attention.

My side if worse comes to worse...

1. Corey Norman*
2. Josh Hoffman
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Peter Wallace*
7. Ben Hunt
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Scott Anderson
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Matt Gillett
16. Josh McGuire
17. David Hala

*denotes players are on notice. If they don't perform alternatives will be considered.

Last edited:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
1. Corey Norman*
2. Josh Hoffman
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Peter Wallace*
7. Ben Hunt
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Scott Anderson
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Matt Gillett
16. Josh McGuire
17. David Hala

*denotes players are on notice. If they don't perform alternatives will be considered.

Good side. Being in the "anti-Wallace brigade", I would have Prince in for Wallace.

If Norman is going to remain slightly above average wouldn't mind seeing Kahu get a go at fullback.

But that bench has some serious impact!

ggmu

Juniors
i haven't seen too much of him tbh. from what i've seen he doesn't look to be anything too flash.

Anderson has never been to flash and years gone by he has been awful at time. But this year he has been running the ball hard and making some good metres.

Big Pete

Referee
Good side. Being in the "anti-Wallace brigade", I would have Prince in for Wallace.

If Norman is going to remain slightly above average wouldn't mind seeing Kahu get a go at fullback.

But that bench has some serious impact!

Yeah, I simply chose Norman and Wallace because I believe they've done enough to justify their spots for the time being. If their form deteriorates or we simply aren't winning I'd consider changing them out.

I think Prince's form has been horrible and a major reason why we're performing as poorly as we are. Perhaps his form would improve with Hunt by his side but at this stage that wouldn't be my first option. My biggest problem with him is that he's a complete liability in defence.

I actually think our biggest problem has been our forward pack. We simply haven't had enough consistent go forward and we've been losing the battle of the ruck - even against an injury plagued Manly pack and a young Chookies pack. It's a real concern considering it should be the one advantage we have over the majority of the competition yet they're simply not performing up to par.

Mr Fourex

Bench
We can't cop a break at the moment.

Fair decision but it really adds insult to injury. Hard one to take but hopefully the boys can.

Anyway you mince it, it's a blow. While I don't think Thaiday is suited in the front row, to lose him and his ability to get a quick play the ball and build momentum is definitely going to be missed - especially against such a tough unit like the Titans.

I'm going to surprise even myself when I say I'm glad Sanderson is getting a starting spot. I've liked his work off the bench so far - he looks really hungry this year and isn't afraid to roll his sleeves up. He still has that costly error in him unfortunately, but as long as he can find some consistensy I wouldn't be against him starting permanently.

In a perfect world, both J. Wallace & Slyney would come in with Lui dropping out but that just doesn't seem to be the play. I honestly don't understand the Lui love, he isn't necessarily good at bending the line, doesn't have a high work-rate and defensively he's a liability. However at this stage, I'm flogging a deader horse than the anti-Wallace brigade.

Given the choice, I reckon Slyney is the pick. We've already got an 'impact' forward in Hala to bend the line - bringing in another could prove costly.

Brisbane really need to win this game. The performance doesn't matter, the boys just need to re-acquaint themselves with the winning feeling and get back into a groove. Right now, it's just too inconsistent even though they aren't necessarily playing bad footy.

However, if the expected result does occur, I'll be interested if any big changes are made if at all. I suspect McGuire will be back next week and with Thaiday on board I could see Hook excusing everyone even though I feel like the spine and pack needs some serious attention.

My side if worse comes to worse...

1. Corey Norman*
2. Josh Hoffman
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Peter Wallace*
7. Ben Hunt
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Scott Anderson
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Matt Gillett
16. Josh McGuire
17. David Hala

There's been nothing wrong with Norman's form so far this year. The only reasonable justifcation for dropping him is because he won't be around next year.

Chainshada

Juniors
If we don't win atleast another 4 games before Origin 1, we should write the season off, anyone not going to be in the team next year gets dropped, and we try and get our young kids some experience.

Big Pete

Referee
There's been nothing wrong with Norman's form so far this year. The only reasonable justifcation for dropping him is because he won't be around next year.

I agree his form has been solid. I just don't think he's the style of player we need.

Same goes with Wallace.

whykickamoocow

Juniors
Considering Norman, along with Hodges has been our most productive player I don't think we should consider benching him unless we have a better alternative and sadly we don't.

Norman - 3 x try assists, 1 x try, 0 x line breaks, 1 Line break assist
Prince - 0,0,0,0
Wallace - 2 x TA, 0 x T, 0 x LB and 2 x LBA
Hodges - 3 x TA, 0 x T, 0 x LB and 2 X LBA

Pretty pathetic that our left centre who has only managed 1 and 1/2 games for the season is beating our halves in all the key stats

Time to give Ben Hunt an extended run in the 7 to see what he's got. Can't be any worse then what Wallace and Prince has thrown up. 2008 toyota cup player of the year, a year that had people like Barba, Dugan, DCE, Sandow, Coote, Yow Yeh, Fensom, Tony Williams who've all gone on to bigger and better things because they've had a coach who was willing to give them a shot.

Last edited:

Latest posts