What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs. Titans Discussion + Voting

AceAv

Juniors
Well I was thoroughly impressed with the game. Really blown away by that 1st Titans try and it's a shame that Kelly kid got injured... -Why did we not make a play for him??

I watched Wallace very carefully and have to say there wasn't a massive amount to fault THIS week. I know he is inconsistent as ever. But besides not mixing up his 5th tackle options on attack, I was pretty happy with his running game and defense + the use of norman and reed variation. If he keeps that up every week I won't be calling for his head... But of course; we will always be wishing we had a cronk/thurs/evans in the 7...

Prince did OK I guess. Set up some mirrored tries with the pass to Norman or flat to Gillet options.. That kick on the full was unforgivable and he really has to rid of those big errors in him. I just feel like he is over confident with his ability -and though that isn't always a bad thing. It can really make him complacent and make decisions intuitively that just fail badly.

The whole forward pack was great and looked strong and keen to smash em all night. I was especially surprised we kept them at 25m gains towards the end considering they have: Bird, Myles, James, Bailey and Taylor!!? -we would have limited them even more if it wasn't for those busy-body ref calls.

Hannant & Parker layed amazing ground work as expected. Anderson rolled up his sleeves a lot more than I expected too and Lui also looked keen to have a dig, but copped that injury which wasn't the end of the world considering Hala and Slyney made good use of the interchange spot. They definitely have 1st grade starting line up potential... Big wraps for Gillet. Was getting depressed the last couple weeks as he is one of my favourites, but his polish was wearing off. He definitely stepped up this game and covered Greg-The-Glasser-Bird pretty well!

The backs did quite well too! -Hodges did just enough considering it was his 1st game back. Reed is definitely on the rise again and far out, Hoffman has found some amazing form -finally!!. I see Maranta like Copley (once Cops stopped making the errors). -Just a safe back that wants to play out of his skin, but is still lacking that brilliance. -Looking forward to Hodges YY + Reed Hoffman in the later end of this year.

Norman is fitting in nicely at FB and though he isn't really someone we can trust to make try saving plays like slater. He has certainly worked hard in his ability to chime in on attack and make some great kick returns. I loved the movement he did in the later end of the game on returning the ball to run hard towards the 2d rower with the kicker running sideways and once they crashed into eachother he stepped to his left shoulder and was nearly away!

Hunt and McC clicked well tonight too I thought. I really hope we sign him and give him a halves spot soon. Hunt has great ability at both roles and I think what he provides for us now is a good mix up to what McC offers. Hunt seems to be more evasive out of DH and will bring in his grubber game when need be. Where McC can offer some great dummies and be a real meter thief, also muddling up the markers and shaping to pass one way and going the other. Having 2 players providing their own unique style from DH can help a lot in the flow of a game as the opposition starts to get used to one style and has to switch to another. It can pay off as long as they both click like that each week.

Was also good to see Wallace show us what he can do from DH. I really want to urge Griff to trial him more at DH and let Hunt have a go at 7. -Griff really seems like a stick in the mud when it comes to change however...

Was nice to see Slyney earn a try at the end and push our F/A up. We really need to duplicate this effort next week and get a roll of wins on... Broncos this year just seem like one of those teams that will struggle one week and blow you away the next. A real tippers nightmare! -Hopefully I'm wrong.

3. Gillet
2. McC
1. Wal

qld aussie

Juniors
3. Gillett
2. Parker
1. Norman

Good win Tits mite have been reading to many newspapers on how good they were going. Bring on the cows.

Latest posts