What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 - What team would you run with?

darkbloom

Juniors
I didn't call for the coach's head. Nor did I say that our recruitment has contributed to losses.

But I do think the enthusiasm that was poured out for our recruitment was premature and over the top.

I also believe the continuous blaming of Elliot just obscures the real problems in the club.

I believe Cleary is a very good coach and more importantly is a good manager of people. And Cleary will have to be very very strong to overcome or resist the deeper issues the club has.

I agree not one recruitment drive can fix those problems. In fact no recruitment drive can fix them. They might fix the results of games for a while but that's all.

abpanther

Staff member
I think this is the twitter quote in response to someone asking him what he thought of Moylan and Austin's performance yesterday

@MattHartigan10*played ok .. Those boys need a lot more time in reserve grade .. They will benefit from the experience

age.s

First Grade
I think this is the twitter quote in response to someone asking him what he thought of Moylan and Austin's performance yesterday

@MattHartigan10*played ok .. Those boys need a lot more time in reserve grade .. They will benefit from the experience

Ciraldo on the other hand...

Big Mick

Referee
I never suggested you called for his head Darkbloom. I was using that line as a more general piece instead of responding to you directly in that instance.

I don't think anyone thought the guys we recruited would be saviors. I know that I was really happy with the signings knowing that they'd contribute down the line to an ultimately better team than what we have had.

It is still early days and we had substantial roster turnover. We should have won on the weekend yes and we would have been in the 8 and 2-2. We have a tough ask coming up in Townsville with a team who is also 1-3 and looking for much improved performance. In all likelihood we'll be 1-4. But there will be a lot of teams with that record after this week. I have a sneaking suspicion we'll play better than most think however vs the Cowboys.

Big Mick

Referee

Oh ok, I thought that was in response to something else.

Gus's philosophy is that these guys need to play at least 15 games in reserve grade against men.

Anyone know how many games each have played for Windsor in total by any chance?

Randy81

Juniors
Anyone expecting any changes should read Gus' twitter in response to Austin & Moylan

I prompted a question about Austin and Moylan but didn't get a response. Are you talking about when he said "yes i am watching, very untidy performance so far...Attack looks very disjointed. Defence needs to come forward and attack more"??

If so, that was early in the game when the Vulcans were heavily on top.

Randy81

Juniors
Disregard. Thanks for clarifying the right tweet.
It is difficult to see how they can be viewed poorly when looking more dangerous than the fg team.

franklin2323

Immortal
Oh ok, I thought that was in response to something else.

Gus's philosophy is that these guys need to play at least 15 games in reserve grade against men.

Anyone know how many games each have played for Windsor in total by any chance?

They have 15 games easy. Moylan last year was in the NSW residents side. Then did a shoulder but had 62 NYC games before that.

Austin see above. He struggled in NRl and went back and is playing well we have an under performing side these 2 are standouts.

Anderson can't be too far behind either.

Say both see out the year in NSW Cup. Play NRL next year they will struggle with the speed early on prob have 5-10 games then drop down. So we are at the end of 2014 now. If this is how the bring 21yo's to standard it will be 2016 before Cartwright and co get a start

franklin2323

Immortal

Thanks my phone was being strange.

Big Mick

Referee
Panthers: 1. Dean Whare 2. Josh Mansour 3. Wes Naiqama 4. Brad Tighe 5. David Simmons 6. Tom Humble 7. Blake Austin 8. Sam McKendry 9. Kevin Kingston (C) 10. Nigel Plum 11. Sika Manu 12. Lewis Brown 13. Cameron Ciraldo
Interchange: 14. Adam Docker 15. Tim Grant 16. James Segeyaro 17. Clint Newton

Big Mick

Referee
Now if we can get Matt Robinson in for Ciraldo, Whare and Wes to swap positions...I'd be happy with that for now...

Latest posts