What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 | Knights 24-20 Sharks @ Ausgrid | Sunday 17th April 2011

Knights vs Sharks (R6)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jonno_knights

Juniors
Much like your coach having a hissy fit after you lost last week?

Should have kept to form and unloaded on the refs again today. Last weeks rant did nothing, still got hammered in the penalty count 9-3, touchie called a ball forward that wasnt even flat, and Roberts got penalised for the exact some thing Nightingale didnt get penalised for 2 weeks ago that cost us the game.

jonno_knights

Juniors
I reckon if the Sharks matched the Knights, Mat Hilder would be straight home.

If Cronulla keep Snowy, I will laugh continuously for a year.

Your having a laugh if you think Hilder would choose the Sharks over the Knights. And I dont think the knights will be letting their 2010 player of the year go too easy.

Oh and even with Snowy, and at pretty much full strength, you still couldnt beat a Newcastle team missing 10 first graders with a 9-3 penalty count in your favour. The joke is on u my friend.

KempoKnight

Juniors
I was incredibly impressed with Roberts today. He took on the line extremely well many times and always looked dangerous and never stopped barking at the players. very impressed.

S.R.

Juniors
Your having a laugh if you think Hilder would choose the Sharks over the Knights. And I dont think the knights will be letting their 2010 player of the year go too easy.

Oh and even with Snowy, and at pretty much full strength, you still couldnt beat a Newcastle team missing 10 first graders with a 9-3 penalty count in your favour. The joke is on u my friend.

Couldn't find Billy Boy, so I came back here and found this rubbish post!

You do know that both Mr and Mrs Hilder are Shire kids don't you? I'm sure if the offer was good, he'd be very seriously considering it.

To be fair, some of your "10 first graders" that were missing would struggle to get a gig at a lot of teams (Sharks included). Seriously, where would Beau Henry and Cameron Ciraldo and Ben Rogers and Adam McDougall fit in the Sharks team? I don't even think they fit in the Knights best 17! Who were the other 6 that were out?

The 9-3 penalty count appeared warranted. Half of them were for high shots, and another one for a dangerous throw, another for taking out the fullback in mid air! The refs had no choice but to give those. When they DID have a choice, they chose to ignore blatant things like taking out a man without the ball. They even chose to PENALISE a forward pass that was line ball at worst!

Show me where the Sharks committed the offences that lead to an automatic penalty. No high tackles and dangerous throws from Cronulla was there? Penalty count was fair, the non-call at the end not fair.

BUT, as I've said before, the Knights deserved their win, because the Sharks just can't put teams away, regardless of penalties and refs.

Final stats up:

Houston 113m, 41 tackles

Tuimavave 103m, 23 tackles

Fa'aoso 83m, 27 tackles

Hilder 98m, 42 tackles

Kaufusi 38m(14m more than last week, congrats big guy), 22 tackles

Seemed to have a real dig this week, nice to see one of our starting props get some numbers for once.

Johns Magic

Referee
To be fair, some of your "10 first graders" that were missing would struggle to get a gig at a lot of teams (Sharks included). Seriously, where would Beau Henry and Cameron Ciraldo and Ben Rogers and Adam McDougall fit in the Sharks team? I don't even think they fit in the Knights best 17! Who were the other 6 that were out?

Hahaha, Beau Henry would be your best back with Gardner, and MacDougall would walk into your team. Ben Rogers is better than Wade Graham as well.

Costigan, Cory Paterson, Zeb Taia, De Gois were out, quality you would love to have.

Dan Tolar was missing and sucks, and I don't know who the sixth player is supposed to be...I'm probably missing someone.

S.R.

Juniors
Hahaha, Beau Henry would be your best back with Gardner, and MacDougall would walk into your team. Ben Rogers is better than Wade Graham as well.

Costigan, Cory Paterson, Zeb Taia, De Gois were out, quality you would love to have.

Dan Tolar was missing and sucks, and I don't know who the sixth player is supposed to be...I'm probably missing someone.

Pretty sure that Albert Kelly and Wade Graham are on a par with Henry at the moment.

Ben Rogers? Really? Wow. He is a reserve grader.

MacDougall would be behind Best and Pomeroy. He's old!

Paterson and Taia wouldn't get into a back row infront of Gallen, Smith and Tupou.

Costigan could be decent front row back up off the bench.

DeGois, yes, I agree.
Tolar, yes, he is rubbish.

Johns Magic

Referee
Pretty sure that Albert Kelly and Wade Graham are on a par with Henry at the moment.

Well it's quickly become apparent you know f**k all about footy.

Ben Rogers? Really? Wow. He is a reserve grader.

He'd fit right in with your mob then. Wade Graham? :lol:

MacDougall would be behind Best and Pomeroy. He's old!

Best would be on Wright's wing and Mad Dog in the centres. Nothing surer.

Paterson and Taia wouldn't get into a back row infront of Gallen, Smith and Tupou.

Tupou? That guy wouldn't make it into our starting backrow. Absolute passenger, Taia runs rings around him.

And I'm sure Paterson would struggle to get a go in front of Brod Wright *sniggers*

Costigan could be decent front row back up off the bench.

Yes, the QLD Origin rep and reigning premiership winning prop may slot into your bench somewhere...Costigan > Douglas, at least he has some impact.

DeGois, yes, I agree.
Tolar, yes, he is rubbish.

Lovely.

How would these players go getting a run in your super pack?

Tuimavave, Kaufusi, Con Mika, Steve Southern, Taufua, Joel Edwards, Matt Hilder, Chris Houston?

The funny part is that they beat you yesterday, and a few of them would stuggle to make reserve grade sides.

Imagine what we could have done with our first-grade side...

S.R.

Juniors
Gees you sure can talk sh*t "Johns Magic".
:crazy:

Pretty sure if you had the chance, you'd swap our pack for yours.
Well, at least your new coach would.

We didn't get beaten by your pack. We got done in the halves. You've got a NSW Standard halves pairing. We've got a NSW Cup Standard halves pairing. The only difference is about 8 years of 1st Grade footy.

Noname36

First Grade

We didn't get beaten by your pack. We got done in the halves. You've got a NSW Standard halves pairing. We've got a NSW Cup Standard halves pairing. The only difference is about 8 years of 1st Grade footy.

You did get beaten in the halves. Hence why Beau Henry and probably Ben Rogers would walk into your side. For the majority of the game we had Tyrone Roberts in the halves too, not Gidley (who isn't a good 5/8 anyway). Fairly certain since he was 19 and on debut he's far less experienced than Kelly/Graham.

edit - and on the forwards, most of our good forwards were out. We had nuffies like Kaufusi out there and you still got beaten.

Last edited:

Johns Magic

Referee

If we were being honest and combining our two packs to make one, it would go:

8. Costigan
9. De Gois
10. Snowden
11. Houston
12. Smith
13. Gallen

14 Douglas
15. Fa'aoso
16. Taia
17. Hilder/Paterson

So I'd take 4 of your pack, the rest are rubbish, including Tupou.

I'd consider having Gardner in our team(not sure if he'd make it with Gidley here), and Best or Pomeroy could maybe get a run with us(not both), but every single one of your other backs you can keep.

S.R.

Juniors
You did get beaten in the halves. Hence why Beau Henry and probably Ben Rogers would walk into your side. For the majority of the game we had Tyrone Roberts in the halves too, not Gidley (who isn't a good 5/8 anyway). Fairly certain since he was 19 and on debut he's far less experienced than Kelly/Graham.

edit - and on the forwards, most of our good forwards were out. We had nuffies like Kaufusi out there and you still got beaten.

Most of your good forwards were out? Who? Paterson and Costigan and Taia?
That's most? Or are you including Ciraldo?

Kelly and Graham are both 20. Kelly has a whole 10 first grade games under his belt. Tyrone Roberts looked good to be honest, but when he was on the field, how many points did the Knights score? How many did they score with Kidley and Mullen pulling the strings?

Ben Roberts and Beau Henry would not be in 1st Grade at Cronulla. We've got 2 kids there. They are the long term plan. Much like 2 kids called Johns back in the 1990s in Newcastle.

As for the forwards, the only spot in our pack for any of your boys is hooker. We'd welcome Hilder OR DeGois back with open arms. Keep the rest.

Alex28

Coach
If Albert Kelly and Wade Graham are your "long-term plan", get used to being also rans. Kelly - whilst showing some good things in attack - is probably a worse defender than Chris Sandow.

Comparing them to the Johns brothers is both insulting to us and delusional on yours.