What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v Silvertails

Black Panther

Juniors
A week is a long time in rugby league.
A week ago Rooster are premiership favourites and Brisbane can win it al while Canberra can't make the 8.

Now Canberra look a finals side, Penrith and Storm favourites, Brisbane have weaknesses that where exposed as do Roosters.
And Parra?

Goonji

Juniors
A week is a long time in rugby league.
A week ago Rooster are premiership favourites and Brisbane can win it al while Canberra can't make the 8.

Now Canberra look a finals side, Penrith and Storm favourites, Brisbane have weaknesses that where exposed as do Roosters.
I never understood the love for the roosters from the "experts" before the start of the season.

Exsilium

Coach
Really pleasing game. Hopefully those saying Crichton doesn’t want to be here/isn’t trying were watching closely.

One good game after a month of plodding won’t be enough for some, including me. If he can remain consistent, I’d be happy but he’s lacked a lot of effort lately. His defence has been good though, so it was nice to see him create some space.

hindy111

Post Whore
Manly have been playing really good football over the past month. I’d say most would suggest they were one of the better teams up until last nights demolition.

Their defense has been horrible all year but attacks been humming. They play finals but can't win it.
Turbo has been bog average. Almost looks scared to me of getting injured.

Their defense has been horrible all year but attacks been humming. They play finals but can't win it.
Turbo has been bog average. Almost looks scared to me of getting injured.
Wrong. Turbo has looked fantastic up until last night. He was clearly playing injured and arguably should not have played.

Iamback

Coach
Manly have been playing really good football over the past month. I’d say most would suggest they were one of the better teams up until last nights demolition.

They were running Weekes a fullback at 6. At one stage had Cooper Johns ( Who isn't FG standard ) on the wing.

Put Schuster, Garrick and Koula in that team and it is much closer

Look at Edwards hat trick.

1st Try Tuilagi pretty much moved out of the way

2nd try Weekes had an air swing trying to tackle him.

3rd try as a decent try

4th try Cleary's pass hit the ground - Manly stopped expecting a forward pass call.

That said Tago a few times had Turuva unmarked but hogged it. A few passes still hit the ground.

So it is hard to get a read on.

Also we likely get Garner and Martin into the backrow next week, So need to see how they mesh into the attack

Crashtest

Juniors
Edwards was great last night and rightly got the accolades with his 4 tries. But how awesome was Yeo as well. 28 runs for 210m and 25 tackles with zero misses, in addition to his linking role.

Was great to see Luke get through 54 minutes at hooker, and that he made 25 tackles with zero misses. Plus his two try assists were all class and shows the skills he brings to the team, in addition to his speed out of dummy half.

Hosking continues to impress with every game. Topped the tackle count with 31, 3 offloads and 131 running metres. I still don’t get how some see him as a plodder and are critical of signing him. He will be one of the best budget buys of the season.

Iamback

Coach
Edwards was great last night and rightly got the accolades with his 4 tries. But how awesome was Yeo as well. 28 runs for 210m and 25 tackles with zero misses, in addition to his linking role.

Was great to see Luke get through 54 minutes at hooker, and that he made 25 tackles with zero misses. Plus his two try assists were all class and shows the skills he brings to the team, in addition to his speed out of dummy half.

Hosking continues to impress with every game. Topped the tackle count with 31, 3 offloads and 131 running metres. I still don’t get how some see him as a plodder and are critical of signing him. He will be one of the best budget buys of the season.

I was critical of signing him because he offers the same as we already have.

Those numbers are good correct. But those numbers are very similaas Martin will give you.

or Sorensen

52min. 24 tackles 0 missed. 109 running metres
1 tackle bust, 1 Line break, 1 line break assist. 1 offload

What is Garner going to give you that is any different?

Those numbers are good correct. But those numbers are very similaas Martin will give you.

or Sorensen

crashtest was talking about Hosking, not Luke Garner.

Crashtest

Juniors

or Sorensen

Sorensen will be back in the middle once Martin returns. And Garner will probably be in NSW Cup until injuries and State of Origin time.

So if our 2 starting edges when fit are Martin and Hosking, I can certainly live with that for this season.

Iamback

Coach
Sorensen will be back in the middle once Martin returns. And Garner will probably be in NSW Cup until injuries and State of Origin time.

So if our 2 starting edges when fit are Martin and Hosking, I can certainly live with that for this season.

Which has the NSW Cup as Garner and Chris Smith

Again plenty of sameness there, Looks easier to break down come finals time.