What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs. Cowboys Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Broncos although the more I think about it, the more I reckon the Cows have us licked.

Boys going to have to be at their best!

austyphoon

Juniors
Pity it's raining. Could have been a nice high scoring game but looks like it'll be a bit of a mud bath out there.

I feel like Thurston's going to have a pearla and get them the win.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I think the wet weather has increased our chances. The Cows backs will struggle with ball control and will really hinder their go forward. All we need to do is apply the pressure and maintain our own discipline.

gcbronco

Juniors
Big changes for the Cowboys, no Matt Bowen, Clint Greenshields to start, Ash Graham to start Joel Reithmuller starting at lock

unbreaK

Juniors
Biggggggg win, would've been a much easier win if we had Hunt starting in the halves instead of Prince, that guy just makes too many errors and bad kicks to be in first grade, I was on the "Oh, he's not doing too bad" boat a couple of weeks ago, and he had a nice pass to put Maranta in tonight, but the constant errors is just killing our momentum at crucial times, sack him.

Points -

3 - Parker (Easily our best player at the moment)
2 - Hoffman and Reed (Playing absolutely awesome)
1 - Hannant, Wallace, Norman (Too hard to pick one, they were all good tonight)

~

Team for next week -

1. Norman
2. Maranta
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Hoffman
6. Hunt
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. McCollough
10. Thaiday (c)
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. McGuire
15. Hala
16. Anderson
17. Baptiste

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I can't believe it, Prince made Wallace look decent. Amazing win. That left side attacking play is going to get us to the finals if Hoffman/Reed stay healthy.

3. Parker
2. Hodges
1. Hannant

Last edited:

Bretto

Bench
Top game.

Get rid of Prince ASAP. Start Hunt. Do it now Griffin.

3. Parker
2. Wallace
1. Hoffman

Chainshada

Juniors
I've got a feeling Hook will just say he was injured when Tariq Sims hit him as he kicked, and that he'll be better next game.

PM Lockyer

Juniors
Hi all..

Long time reader, first time poster.

Thought our best play of the year was benching Scott Prince. Terrible game and nearly cost us. Do not want to see him pull on our jersey again.

3. Parker
2. Hoffman
1. Hannant

Good game of footy to watch and if we can continue with our completion rate we'll be there come finals time

Big Pete

Referee
Good to see you make the leap PM Lockyer.

Pretty much agree with your thoughts. Prince has been a liability all season. I wonder if he is having a positive influence on our ability to spread the ball but honestly I don't know if his deficiencies are worth it and I was happy with what I saw from Hunt in that position last year.

Will post up my votes later. I was way too emotional for a Round 6 game. :lol:

Chainshada

Juniors
I was a bit torn when I saw Hunt come back on when Prince was hooked...half of me was thinking, do something amazing and show Griffin how blind he is..the other half was thinking, play it safe..if you make 1 mistake Hook will never give you another shot.

beads6

First Grade
Huge win. Great game from our forward pack. Winning without a dominant half is a great effort.

I took the hooking of Prince as an injury personally. I've always called for Hunt to either be our starting 7, or in Qcup being a 7. This bench hooker shit is killing his development. That being said, I honestly think he needs to be given an extended shot at the 7. We look soooo much better when he jumps into the halves and Wal heads to 9. I'm just hoping that someone, anyone at the Broncos has the balls to drop Prince to Qcup. Hell, I'd even take:

6. Prince
7. Hunt
9. Macca
14. Wal

Can't give scores, but our top3 IMO were Parker, Hoffman and Hannant. Daylight to the rest. Who all played well btw.....except Prince.

Last edited:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Strange for me to say this but I now prefer Wallace over Prince (not that I think Wallace is setting the world on fire). Prince's defence is becoming just laughable at times, we can no longer carry him. Plus he is making some basic errors in attack as well.

Hala made some good impact, hope somehow he can pick up his minutes.

I think our attack went a little bit backwards tonight. But I think we just needed a win. I was worried that be have blown the game when we didn't score in the first 10 mins of 2nd half with all that ball. I reckon Glenn's work has been seriously unrated tonight. Overall gotta be happy with the effort.

3. Glenn
2. Parker
1. Hoffman

This is what I'd be going for next game:

6. Wallace
7. Hunt
9. McCullough
14. Baptiste

Latest posts