What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs. Cowboys Discussion + Voting

I thought that myself, he seemed to be barracking pretty hard for the Cowboys all game, and he tipped them to win

Yeah, I think he's a pretty hard Titans supporter so maybe there's some feeling there due to last week and Prince with us etc. Just seemed so negative towards us.

AceAv

Juniors
Wow what a thrilling game. Super impressed with the way the Bronx are going and was over the moon with the way Reed & Hoffman combined again to snare us a win.

Prince is becoming hopeless. And it's not like he will improve. I can see why the titans got rid of him and how they lost so much in the past couple seasons... Pls don't tolerate inconsistency griffin when we have a perfectly good replacement waiting and off contract next yr...

I think we played extremely well tho other than that and though the ref was an absolute dumshit with his calls -I counted 2 more bad calls going in our favour..

I think if the cows had Bowen and Johnson + Thrustons kicking & 5th tackle game was more on song tonight we would have lost...

But we stayed determined the whole way through and choked them into errors in that last 5!

3.hannant
2.reed
1.Hala -I can tell griffin is pulling him early out of fears he will injur again. We're definitely looking at the next Hannant here...

Kiwi

First Grade
Wow what a thrilling game. Super impressed with the way the Bronx are going and was over the moon with the way Reed & Hoffman combined again to snare us a win.

Prince is becoming hopeless. And it's not like he will improve. I can see why the titans got rid of him and how they lost so much in the past couple seasons... Pls don't tolerate inconsistency griffin when we have a perfectly good replacement waiting and off contract next yr...

I think we played extremely well tho other than that and though the ref was an absolute dumshit with his calls -I counted 2 more bad calls going in our favour..

I think if the cows had Bowen and Johnson + Thrustons kicking & 5th tackle game was more on song tonight we would have lost...

But we stayed determined the whole way through and choked them into errors in that last 5!

3.hannant
2.reed
1.Hala -I can tell griffin is pulling him early out of fears he will injur again. We're definitely looking at the next Hannant here...
What about if we had McGuire, Yow Yeh and Copely? Both sides had players out and Thurston's poor kicking game largely due to the pressure our D put him under.

Reidy87

Juniors
Hey guys, was at the game last night - good win. I agree Hunt would probably be a better option than Prince - we need to look to the future.

Wallace, while he has the creativity of a common house plant, is at least very solid in defense.

However Prince definitely wasn't hooked. Earlier in the match he got hit twice late, the second one was when he kicked about halfway through the second stanza and was taken down, and the first only a few minutes before.

After both hits, but particularly the first one, he took ages to get up and looked very dusty, like he was half concussed running around for a few minutes. I reckon that's why he laughably missed that tackle.

When he left the field - he was on the ground for a while being treated for cramping and the trainer waved to the bench, Prince went off the back and Hunt came on. It looked to me like it wa Scott's decision.

I have always liked Scott, but I was excited for Hunt when he came back on, better tackler and more unpredictable.

whykickamoocow

Juniors
What about if we had McGuire, Yow Yeh and Copely? Both sides had players out and Thurston's poor kicking game largely due to the pressure our D put him under.

It was same last week to, the media crapped on about the Titans being injury ravaged but we had more people out through injury and suspension.

Parker 3
Hannant 2
Hunt 1

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Great to get another win. Hard slog but good to see we came out full of enthusiasm again and backed each other up. Prince's defence has always stunk and you can't carry a guy each week because he has one or two "stellar" passes in him. The cows knew the weakest link and headed for him all night.
I hear what you're saying WKAMC but without the Thurston/Bowen combo the cows were always up against it. The old mango is always at his deadliest when the chips are down.
Great win and have every faith we can topple the Tigers. And nothing wrong with Maranta's efforts out there last night.

3. Parker
2. Hoffman
1. Hannant

Mr Fourex

Bench
I took the hooking of Prince as an injury personally. I've always called for Hunt to either be our starting 7, or in Qcup being a 7. This bench hooker shit is killing his development. That being said, I honestly think he needs to be given an extended shot at the 7. We look soooo much better when he jumps into the halves and Wal heads to 9. I'm just hoping that someone, anyone at the Broncos has the balls to drop Prince to Qcup. Hell, I'd even take:

6. Prince
7. Hunt
9. Macca
14. Wal

Can't give scores, but our top3 IMO were Parker, Hoffman and Hannant. Daylight to the rest. Who all played well btw.....except Prince.

That is, IMO ....the best combination for this group of 4 players. If Griffin was to stick with this, we could go all the way.

I agree that I think Prince was playing from memory for a lot of the game after Tariq Sims smashed him. Prior to that he set up Marantas try and was kicking well. Did make a couple of handling errors.......

after last nights win, I can't talk about sacking anybody.

Even Wallace was very good.

What really impressed me was the attitude and confidence the team is getting. Even though it was a tight match, I was always sure that they'd get the win. We are really building on each weeks performance......

3. Hannant
2. Parker
1. Norman

Ph1l

Juniors
Moving Josh Hoffman to the wing is proving a master stroke. His finishing of the out wide try is very special. The goal kickers better start more practising out wide. The Broncs current positions look to be the spot on. The confidence is returning.
3 Hoffman
2 Hannant
1 Norman

user_nat

Coach
Going by last night....

Prince - kicks from sideline

Parker - kicks from in front

But Prince was 0/3 from the sideline or close to it last night.

Really Parker should get the first shot. The result of that shot should determine who kicks the rest.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
But Prince was 0/3 from the sideline or close to it last night.

Really Parker should get the first shot. The result of that shot should determine who kicks the rest.

Prince was shit from the sideline for 1 game. Parker has been shocking from the sideline for his whole career.

unbreaK

Juniors
I guess on the bright side, I think Parker has been much better as a player since we relieved him of the goal kicking duties (Whether that was actually affecting him or not is anyones guess)

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I guess on the bright side, I think Parker has been much better as a player since we relieved him of the goal kicking duties (Whether that was actually affecting him or not is anyones guess)

Confidence.

He misses two kicks in a row, it starts to weigh on his mind, affecting the rest of his game.

AceAv

Juniors
Ya I'm happy to relieve Parker. Prince can kick a better than he did tonight I'll give him that. Was an obvious sign of his form. He and Wallace would get along well and use each others shoulders to cry on given one of them is usually decent one week and horrible the next.

Tbh though I'm still not seeing anything close to what prince used to be capable of. Will give this time and just hope we can maintain our win streak for now.

Nightward

Juniors
With the kicking positions on Friday night for goal I wouldn't have been backing anyone but Hazem el-Masri. Those shots are difficult at the best of times, never mind playing hurt and/or concussed. Prince is doing the job he was bought in for with aplomb; the problem is that while it is working well for now, the issue of long-term halves needs to be resolved. He brings us a good option and breathing space, but doesn't fix the problem for 2015+ (assuming he retires at the end of next season).

Overall, I would say it was an excellent game. Things have been coming together over the last few weeks, and our games against the Sea Eagles and Storm were ones we could have won- indeed, but for the referee we'd be 4-2 instead of 3-3 right now. I don't think we're premiership contenders, but top 8 is extremely probable and we aren't going to be making up the numbers. The problem is where we go from here, since the team needs to develop over the next season and beyond but I'm not so sure we can develop or purchase a halves pairing that will be able to take us all the way.

Then again, we did win a Grand Final with Shane Perry (not intended as a slight against him) so as long as the team balance is right and everyone is doing their jobs, who knows?

3. Corey Parker.
2. Ben Hannant.
1. Justin Hodges.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Really enjoyed being at this game mainly the result but also had taken a mate to first suncorp stadium game (He supports neither team). In fact, its taken me the whole weekend to recover. I know it wasn't pretty win and certain parts were ugly but the cowboys have had the wood on us the last few games and we got one back. To me, Prince making that mistake at the end of the set after scoring changed momentum. It was all cowboys after that until we get ball to glenn, norman and reed. Hoffman finishes off. 8-4 at half should of been 10-4. I said to my mate "I could throw that over" then Prince misses.

In second half we spoke a lot about Thurston and the spell he seems to have over a game. Its like he has a aura. Everything he does talk, walk, run, pass, step, dummy, direct, timing, tackle, kick and play in general has quality all over it. It was like he was going to win the game alone.

The winning try was sensational. Two no look passes but the work to get in position and pull off play was just as good. I got up and celebrated and then sat down and went quiet thinking maybe Hoffman had gone out and I had missed it. But alas try awarded and I'm up screaming and high fives.

The finish was full of tension as I thought we made too many errors and allowed them a chance. Relieved to get through though. Happy afterwards and good walk back to Milton station with winning crowd as despite which team we supported it was a good game to watch.

Voting
3. Parker
2. Hoffman
1. Reed

Latest posts