What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Roosters

emjaycee

Coach
After friday nights game against the Dogs there were a few commentators stating that the Rooters are pretty one dimensional in attack and that other coaches/clubs are working them out.

This has been stated on here by some since our round 2 loss and I know that BA has identified this.
The challenge for us on Saturday will not be to read the play in defence but rather to counter it. The secret to our improved defence has been a very simple 'mental' adjustment more than anything else and if we bring that adjustment on Saturday we will go a long way to containing their big men.

the last time we played was in pelting rain which negated our quick men and brought their big forwards into the game hopefully next time around it will be on a dry track and we can run them around a bit

p.s. dont forget we had no sandow last time either

emjaycee

Coach
the last time we played was in pelting rain which negated our quick men and brought their big forwards into the game hopefully next time around it will be on a dry track and we can run them around a bit

p.s. dont forget we had no sandow last time either

No rain forecast after Wednesday so hopefully the BoM guys are right for once and we get a fast track.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm probably delusional, but IMO - we for this.

Shit - I'm sorry. I meant to say "we got dis".

phantom eel

First Grade
Roosters have lost three in a row now? No way they won't be at their best to smash us off the park, they're too good a squad not to.

But this time we will compete, and it won't be the walkover that it was a few weeks back. If we keep our composure and play out the 80mins, it will be a good showing even if we can't get the two points.

natheel

Coach
Hope we have a BIG crowd at home to really help the boys out. We will be hard to beat at home.

I'm just hoping for a much improved performance than that in round 2.

We have the attack that can unsettle the Roosters but in an arm wrestle i think we COULD come out on top because we are starting to back ourselves and get that belief where Roosters are lacking that a bit lately.

hindy111

Post Whore
You would think we have improved since Rnd 2. Big ask to turn around 50 points thou.

They welcome back SBW, but we have two players who where missing in the spine in Peats and Sandow. The Roosters will be fired up after loosing a couple in a row.
Parra are at home and are gelling. I still don think we can close the gap.They where just too dominant in that win 3 weeks ago. I would say Roosters by about 10. IF Parra where to win thou I think everyone in the NRL would start to take notice!

pinchy

After friday nights game against the Dogs there were a few commentators stating that the Rooters are pretty one dimensional in attack and that other coaches/clubs are working them out.

Pretty sure that a top team like the roosters have also discussed our strength and weaknesses. I fear that SBW and JWH may punish our pack.
As long as we keep positive for the 80 minutes I will be happy no matter the result.
I think key will be giving Sandow and Hayne enough room to weave their magic that no team can prepare for.

BennyBoy

Juniors
Apart from the Roosters weakness being exposed since rnd 2 we have built more confidence and won't be overawed and intimidated this time around.

If we can just reduce our propensity to give cheap penalties and improve ball control we will win this @ home.

spiderdan

Bench
If our side plays the way they have since that awful second half v chooks then we will give them a good shake.

They look like a happy and confident bunch right now

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we've got better and the chooks have gone to the hen house

this will be nothing like round 2

jono

Juniors
Think back to last year....we were utter tripe all year , and we were within a Jarryd Hayne kick recovery of beating them at Parra after getting smashed by 50 at Allianz.
If Haynes picks up the chip kick , we win the match . Not only does Mini run the length the other way and score the match-sealing try, we lose Hayne to a torn hammy!
Eels 24-16

Stagger eel

Staff member
They still have strike power all over the shop and rarely lose 3 on the trot...

I'm happy to get within 12

You would think we have improved since Rnd 2. Big ask to turn around 50 points thou.

we dont have to turn around 50 points they will start the game at zero same as us if they walk into the stadium thinking they will just be handed 50 points we have the game won already

Latest posts