What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Roosters

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I'm going to miss the game tonight. Absolutely spewing. Over the last few years ive only missed a couple of Parra home games and they were due to medical reasons. This time two of my best mates are getting married, so i can live with that.

Up Parra!

strider

Post Whore
I'm going to miss the game tonight. Absolutely spewing. Over the last few years ive only missed a couple of Parra home games and they were due to medical reasons. This time two of my best mates are getting married, so i can live with that.

Up Parra!

if they are your best mates then they would understand

:lol:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Are we getting a heavy track this arvo?????
If yes, then the Roosters will pull us back by a further 12 to 18 points.
This will become a cliffhanger contest with the winner decided in the final minute.
Will be an amazing achievement if we win this game on a heavy track tonight.
Sandows kicking game will be critical to our victory.
Sandow carving up the Rorters forwards will also be critical.
Pearce & Maloney will be critical for a Rorters victory too.
Lets hope the refs are on song tonight.

If Tonga is out tonight I would put Sio to Fullback, bring in Falou or another big winger to run the ball back powerfully from our end of the field and put Hayne to center (with a roving commission) so he can also make sure he provides Semi with every opportunity to score semi-tries.

Last edited:

Pazza

First Grade
why ruin the whole continuity of the team to replace one player?

bring in Morgan, straight swap for Tonga!

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
why ruin the whole continuity of the team to replace one player?

bring in Morgan, straight swap for Tonga!
In the wet on a heavy ground, if that is what we've got today, it will be a massive slog fest against the Rorters and we'll need big boys everywhere to slog it out, especially big boys who've got power and speed like Hayne and Falou etc... If our forwards can contain the Rorters pack the game will be one by the halves kicking game and fleeting feet like Sandow, Pearce, Maloney, Peats, Friend,etc, busting through the edge of the ruck or up the middle and by the big fast power players light on feet like Hayne and Semi. :)

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Only problem is the morgs is a right side player who's played there for wenty all year.
Exactly Staggs.....

This will be a game one by %%%%.

Sio to 1 is a very good % risk overall because moving Hayne to left center is a far superior %%%%%% risk/advantage.

Sio can run the ball back, Falou can run the ball back in the mud/wet, etc...

Sure Pearce & Maloney can score tries against Sio @ 1 & Falou (or whoever) @ 5 BUT to compensate for such changes the attacking benefits open up immensely for us too with Hayne not having to slog it out @ 1 for 80 minutes and instead is used as an attacking force (and defense) with Semi down the left side with Mau in toe.....

This % factor may just win us the game. All Sio and Falou have to do is catch and run the ball or even just flop over any ball kicked in the wet, etc.... Let everyone bar Hayne & Semi slog it out, they can some of the time but need to be rested for those few seconds to look at exploiting the Rorters right side defense, includes the edges of the ruck and Hayne, Sandow, Norman kicking through for Semi to chase and score.

Put Hayne to control the left side of the ruck, put Norman to control the right side with Hoppa and leave Sandow to exploit up and around the edges of the ruck with Edwards trailing Sandow both in attack and defense.

Putting Hayne to left center opens up the Rorters defense as they will want their best defenders operating on that side which leaves weaker defenders patrolling the ruck, edges of the ruck..... enter Sandow....:)

Last edited:

EelsFan05

Bench
f**k, just when the left side was firing. I take it this might be a reoccurrence of his old injury? Let's hope not.

lingard

Coach
Are we getting a heavy track this arvo?????
If yes, then the Roosters will pull us back by a further 12 to 18 points.
This will become a cliffhanger contest with the winner decided in the final minute.
Will be an amazing achievement if we win this game on a heavy track tonight.
Sandows kicking game will be critical to our victory.
Sandow carving up the Rorters forwards will also be critical.
Pearce & Maloney will be critical for a Rorters victory too.
Lets hope the refs are on song tonight.

If Tonga is out tonight I would put Sio to Fullback, bring in Falou or another big winger to run the ball back powerfully from our end of the field and put Hayne to center (with a roving commission) so he can also make sure he provides Semi with every opportunity to score semi-tries.

Dunno, Casper. The Roosters have been a bit unimpressive in the wet lately. Maybe they don't like it.

Latest posts