What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Roosters

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I am sure not many will notice but I reckon Arthur made an amazing tactical decision today by not bringing gower on until the last 20 or so. ( correct me if I am wrong ). While gower aren't the greatest player it gave us a very fresh player in a slug fest for the last 20 minutes when there were some really tiring players.

Gower made 1-2 runs which gave us some good go forward when were struggling and got the set back on track. And he made 3 try saving/important tackles which I don't think a "unfresh" player would make

Parra Pride

Coach
Gower was great in that last 20 minute period, nothing flash but we are getting some great value out of him.

IFR33K

Coach
Great game, top effort by the whole team.

Glad the 'plumber' stuck to his guns and got his man.

Well done BA.

In previous years the crowd would of been cheering for a single try, now we are cheering the team for a win.

This team made me proud tonight.

Chipmunk

Coach
I am sure not many will notice but I reckon Arthur made an amazing tactical decision today by not bringing gower on until the last 20 or so. ( correct me if I am wrong ). While gower aren't the greatest player it gave us a very fresh player in a slug fest for the last 20 minutes when there were some really tiring players.

Gower made 1-2 runs which gave us some good go forward when were struggling and got the set back on track. And he made 3 try saving/important tackles which I don't think a "unfresh" player would make

I think you're definitely onto something here. Gower was exceptional when he came on. I'm sure most of that reason was because he was the freshest player on the field. He did some really good and noticable things that really contributed to the win

pinchy

83lp7.jpg

Avenger

Immortal
One of the gutsiest wins I have seen in many years. Brad Arthur's tactic of dummy half running from our own half was simple but very effective. I take my hat off to him.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I know what Trent Robinson is going to say at the press conference, it will be the same as Toovey, Cleary, Griffiths, ah "we're just weren't on our game tonight"

We havent won the game at the play the ball for more than a decade... I actually did not see anything tonight that is ever going to change that.

How we ever won this game was remarkable in some ways

Mate, I reckon it's really difficult watching your (our) own team and evaluating that sort of stuff objectively. I think you're largely correct but we naturally tend to focus on the stuff that out team gets wrong, and forget the stuff that other teams do that don't work so well.

Anyway my comment was regarding the round 2 game, where people suggested that it was just about size....whereas I don't see that there's a big size diff across the packs...but there was certainly an execution difference.

Latest posts